PDA

View Full Version : Friday March 28 Birdcage - Rear of the Year

jinks
March 19th, 2008, 23:47
Rear of the Year 2008 for SOS Rice Appeal.

When we did it many many years ago - it was the Best Bum in Brum

http://www.jinks.clara.net/03ads/2803brid_01.jpg

March 21st, 2008, 06:53
Rear of the Year 2008 for SOS Rice Appeal.

When we did it many many years ago - it was the Best Bum in Brum

http://www.jinks.clara.net/03ads/2803brid_01.jpg

And who won Jinks???

Marsha wants to enter! Let's face it, there's plenty of him to get up there.

andrewcraig
March 21st, 2008, 07:32
The SOS rice appeal is new to me. Can you give more details please, Kev.

March 21st, 2008, 08:59
DELETED

andrewcraig
March 21st, 2008, 12:47
My Rotary Club does joint fund raising projects with SOS rice. They provide rice to poor people usually in rural Thailand. Not sure if you google SOS rice thailand, you may get something?

This is all I could find in a quick look. It is a very out of date report but I assume that more detail up to date will come forward Looks to be a deserving charity. Congratulations Kevin and Marsha.

Cut and paste Pattaya mail News

SOS Rice Campaign deemed huge success

The SOS Rice Campaign for 1999 enjoyed its greatest success to date. 10,862 kg of rice worth 206,988 baht was donated by benevolent citizens at department stores and public places all over town.

On Sunday December 19th, the organizers of the 1999 SOS Rice Campaign presented the rice to the various recipients, which took place at the Pattaya Orphanage. Father Raymond Brennan and Father Michael Picharn presided over the handing-over ceremony, in the presence of many leaders of charity organizations, the organizing committee and the heads of the various departments of the receiving centers.

Deserving recipients of the SOS Rice Campaign тАЩ99 gather to say thanks.

The many people gathered at the presentation ceremony were treated to a film made by Gary Bruton showing highlights of the Rice Campaign 99. Emcee John Boysen then introduced Fr. Brennan, Fr. Michael and Pattaya Sports Club Golf Chairman Mike Franklin, all of whom gave speeches about the importance of the yearly project.

The audience was also treated to a dance performance by the orphanageтАЩs children, all with futuristically painted faces, who performed a modern dance called тАШNoom SevenтАЩ. Some female members of the Blind School performed a traditional Thai dance, accompanied by their colleagues skillfully playing Ang Gah Loong instruments . The Street Kids made everyone smile with their cute dance тАШGiraffe Kor YaowтАЩ and the students of the School for the Deaf danced along to Thai Pop Songs. Students of the Vocational School then wowed the audience with their amazing тАШWheel Chair DanceтАЩ.

The final distribution of the Rice Campaign тАЩ99 is a s follows:

800 kg (17,600 Baht) to Ban Poonsi, PattayaтАЩs Drug Center
650 kg (13,800 Baht) to the Camillian Social Center for HIV/Aids
450 kg (10,000 Baht) to the Children and Youths Development Program
900 kg (20,000 Baht) to the Fountain of Life Center 1
262 kg ( 6,000 Baht) to the Banglamung Home for the Old Aged
1700 kg (39,000 Baht to the Pattaya Orphanage
1000 kg (29,587,75 Baht) to the School for the Blind)
700 kg (16,000 Baht) to the School for the Deaf
700 kg (16,000 Baht) to the Street Kids Home
1700 kg (39,000 Baht) to the Vocational School for the Disabled
1000 kg (29,587,75 Baht) to the Banglamung BoyтАЩs Home
1000 kg (29,587,75 Baht) to the Vocational Training Center of HRHP

Smiles
March 21st, 2008, 17:16
Why wasn't this thread stickied? It's only March 21.

Cheers ...

jinks
March 21st, 2008, 17:26

Cheers ...

Worry not my friend it will be next week :cheers:

AND the Gala Dinner AND the .......... Ad infinitum

March 21st, 2008, 17:34

Cheers ...

I must admit, I was wondering the same thing as Smiles. Thanks for clearing that up jinks. Perhaps you can clear something else up, is there a limit on how many stickies you can make, or is this a rule of Spikes.

Choc Dee,

George.

{Answered here so I don't have to move it to the guide lines forum :)))....
Spike does not like too many sticky threads. I am sticking the up coming week. Taking them down on the day of the event - jinks}
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14208.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/smiles-again-t14208.html)}

March 22nd, 2008, 00:49
The SOS rice appeal is new to me. Can you give more details please ....

The SOS Rice appeal has been going for many years, giving rice (and money specifically for rice) to a number of organizations in Chonburi province, varying from orphanages to old people's homes. The recipient organizations vary slightly from year to year, but usually those collecting hold an up to date list.

The charity was started by a Belgian editor of Echo du Siam (L' Echo), a local French language periodical similar to the many "expat" magazines still produced for Pattaya; I am guessing it is now defunct, as I cannot remember when I last saw a copy.

March 22nd, 2008, 17:56
The SOS rice appeal is new to me. Can you give more details please ....

The SOS Rice appeal has been going for many years, giving rice (and money specifically for rice) to a number of organizations in Chonburi province, varying from orphanages to old people's homes. The recipient organizations vary slightly from year to year, but usually those collecting hold an up to date list.

The charity was started by a Belgian editor of Echo du Siam (L' Echo), a local French language periodical similar to the many "expat" magazines still produced for Pattaya; I am guessing it is now defunct, as I cannot remember when I last saw a copy.

Hi guys,

My computer has been down.
\
It is not a first for us to ask for help- for SOS Rice appeal.

We have done it before at pastures old, it was a great success, and generally benefits the less well off Orphanages and schools who do not know how to use the internet or are not widely recognized or known, but very much in need..

We would like to help in goods as opposed to cash, as I and many others, have done with Baan Jaing Jai.

March 22nd, 2008, 18:37
DELETED

March 22nd, 2008, 19:31

Cheers ...

I must admit, I was wondering the same thing as Smiles. Thanks for clearing that up jinks. Perhaps you can clear something else up, is there a limit on how many stickies you can make, or is this a rule of Spikes.

Choc Dee,

George.

{Answered here so I don't have to move it to the guide lines forum :)))....
Spike does not like too many sticky threads. I am sticking the up coming week. Taking them down on the day of the event - jinks}
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14208.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/smiles-again-t14208.html)}

Thanks for the reply jinks and the info contained within. Thanks also for the work that you do. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

Choc Dee,

George.

March 23rd, 2008, 01:16
You're saying goods, not cash (mostly). What about donations of rice? And how would those of us in Bangkok deliver the goods?

Fattman,

I am in Bangkok March 27th and 28th [ Hospital checks] if anything was delivered to The Balcony I can collect it there!

March 25th, 2008, 13:22
You're saying goods, not cash (mostly). What about donations of rice? And how would those of us in Bangkok deliver the goods?

I have this vision of you arriving at the party with a tin of Ambrosia!!

March 26th, 2008, 04:13
Kquill - I can probably do that on Friday - are you in town Pm?

WhiteDesire - I have saved two tins for a special occasion!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/roflao.gif

Now come on Fattman, don't be such a tight arse, for such a worthy event, couldn't you at least consider going to the expense of a whole case. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

George.

March 27th, 2008, 14:39
Ready for my visit later in the year how far is it from lacage to the Birdcage?

March 27th, 2008, 16:04
Ready for my visit later in the year how far is it from lacage to the Birdcage?

Not really sure,

if you wait a minute I will go and get a tape measure!!

March 28th, 2008, 02:49
When you do .... in old money please Yards, Feet and Inches.

March 28th, 2008, 03:40
When you do .... in old money please Yards, Feet and Inches.

Like you already!

March 28th, 2008, 17:55
Tonights the night! Any hairy ones and i will get me strimmer out!

April 1st, 2008, 02:56
noticed a falang drag act on stage after midnight with a drag friend in the audience - anyone from this board, I noticed the "younger" of the two was taking pix.

postscript: I thought they were fab

April 1st, 2008, 15:20
noticed a falang drag act on stage after midnight with a drag friend in the audience - anyone from this board, I noticed the "younger" of the two was taking pix.

Whitedesire,

They were part of an Aussie group that are quite popular here and there, that's as near as I knw at the moment, maybe, someone else can cast some light.