PDA

View Full Version : New Silom Hotel

thrillbill
March 19th, 2008, 18:18
Over the weekend, I checked out the new Bally's Studio Suites which is right next to Burger King on Silom before soi 2. Nice rooms and (of course) in a great location. Right now they're having a promotion special. The 2400 baht room for one night is priced at 1600. If you want more info, just Google in Bally's Studio Suites Bangkok and you'll get to the web sight. (Personally I wouldn't pay 2600 baht for a room since I am hardly inside except to sleep, but the promotion price isn't that bad.)

TrongpaiExpat
March 19th, 2008, 19:08
I guess you could not be bothered to post a link so I did it for you and I don't see that discount listed.

Bally Studio Suits (http://www.ballys-studio.com/silom/viewpage.php?page_id=1)

March 19th, 2008, 20:05
On a recent trip to Bangkok, I tried to book the Rose Hotel, but it was full, and made an overflow booking for me at the Heritage Baan Silom, Silom Soi 19. It's a small, lovely "boutique" hotel, and the room was 3,000 per night. (I'm used to spending about half that...)

However, I have to report that I was delighted with the hotel! The beds were comfy, and everything was as clean as a whistle.

http://www.theheritagehotels.com

This is only the second time I have stayed in a Bkk hotel where I found nothing at all to complain about. First rate.

(I have no financial interest in this hotel -- or any other hotel, more's the pity! :-) )

thrillbill
March 19th, 2008, 21:19
True,the special rate of1600 baht is not listed on the Bally web sight but when I walked in they had the special promotion price ;for it just opened this month.(by the way there is no pool there) As for the Heritage Hotel, it IS a great place with tastefully decorated rooms with teak wood floors ;plus it has a roof top pool (small) with a exercise room. The owners of Heritage are the same ones who own the Rabit Resort in Jomtien and Cucumber Restaurant on South Pattaya Rd.

I go up to Bkk for my fun weekends 2-3 times a month, so I don't want to spend much...so I usually stay at the Regent Silom Serviced Apartments (guest house?) and the rooms without a window run a bit over 1200 a night. Very spartan, but very clean with granite floors instead of a bug infested carpet. Yes, it is gay friendly. Great location since it is on soi 2/1 or "soi Richard's or Freeman" which is now G.O.D.) - behind the Bug and Bee Restaurant.