PDA

View Full Version : RECENT TRIP BAR REVIEWS IN BANGKOK

adman5000
March 19th, 2008, 10:04
In the past visits to BKK I have normally had a friend stay with me most of the time. However on this trip I returned to being a butterfly and therefore decided to sample as many bars as possible. The key thing to remember is that the places and boys change frequently. So what you read about today may change tomorrow. It also depends on what your preferences are. I have noted my preferences in my Pattaya bar review.

Overall I found the bar scene to be quite quiet whether I went early or late. In some bars I was the first customer, I saw other bars combine their boys and their show with each other, and some boys did not go in to work until later when the shows were scheduled. I hope things pick up again when high season starts.

Solid Bar - This has always been a comfortable bar to relax in and well run with a good variety of boys. I did not find the selection of boys as diverse as I like so I only visited it once. But if you want to have some fun with a boy in the bar, this is good for that and drinks are only 100 baht and it is a friendly, not pushy place.

Tawan Bar - Another of my past favorites. This time a few of the boys I knew had moved on. I found there to be a little too much testosterone and strutting on this visit. I enjoyed talking to some of the boys but I did not off anyone and only visited once. I was disappointed that for someone who likes muscle, no one struck my fancy this visit. The guys I have offed from here have been a bit older than average but I have always had good service. I did not see any new stunners but perhaps I should give a weekend night a try next time.

Jupiter 2002- I had not been to this bar for quite some time but had always admired their shows in the past. I arrived a bit early and watched them practice. When things started, the owner was a bit too pushy for my taste, telling me several times that if I wanted to talk to a boy I could buy him a drink. So they were pushing the drinks quite a bit as if I was a newbie. He did this 4 or 5 times. I found the boys to be handsome, but not with the tight lean look you see at some of the other bars and which I prefer. These boys were better fed.

Screw Boys - This was one of the pleasant surprises! They have moved back to their old location and in my opinion the mix of boys has improved greatly to the way I used to remember it. There were many handsome and well built boys here. I have never been into ladyboys but there were a few at this bar as mama sans that could change my mind. They were very attractive and friendly. I truly enjoyed talking to them and was disappointed that timing did not allow me to return. I should have gone back and next time I will. The boys were also friendly and most smiling. One came by and started to massage me. He was a bit older, around 25-26, but handsome and looked more Farang than Thai. He had strong hands and was very pleasant. I hope they have good luck with this bar, they deserve it.

Future Boys- This bar had previously been one of my favorites but has declined considerably. It did not have as many boys. There were still a few very nicely built boys here, but it seemed to be a bit more hit or miss. I think they have the most expensive drinks as well. Some of the Captains are also a bit pushy for my taste when you consider they know me by sight. Their business seemed to be down considerably as it was not busy any of the times I entered.

Dream Boys - I was sorry to see that Khun Joe has moved on but Khun M is a great guy and most helpful. There is a great variety of boys at this bar and I offed 4-5 different boys and had a great time with each. (a few I offed multiple times). I find the boys from here to be a bit more willing to relax and visit a bit after all is over than in Pattaya where they seem eager to take off and join their friends. This is a great bar and well run. On one visit I stayed for the show which was combined with the bar below (The Boys). This bar also had some very attractive guys and is worth checking out. The show was ok - a big cock show and some humorous skits. DB seemed to have a better flow of business than most but was still quite quiet on some nights. While not good for the boys or the bar, it was excellent for me to check out the boys. A few boys appear to be in frequent demand.

I visited a few other bars including Fresh Beach Boys but draw a blank about the place and evidently did not stay as I did not off anyone from there.

I really enjoyed this trip as you can tell. I met a lot of very nice and accommodating guys and did not have a single dud in any of the boys I offed. I try to tip them fairly and I feel they appreciated it and it especially helps when I want to off them again. But on this trip, I felt some of the Pattaya bars in Boystown gave BKK some good competition. I will certainly return to Pattaya as I really enjoy the proximity of things. The expected off fee also seems to be quite a bit less, as is the off fee and drink prices. One down side was that the boys in Pattaya seemed more eager to leave a bit quicker than the boys in BKK. The boys in BKK seemed content to stay for a bit, watch TV, eat, chat, etc. I canтАЩt wait until my next visit.

My other related posts are:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14274.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/hotels-and-transportation-review-from-recent-trip-t14274.html)

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14294.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/my-recent-trip-massage-review-pattaya-and-bkk-t14294.html)

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14260.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/pattaya-go-go-bars-review-from-my-recent-trip-t14260.html)

Sen Yai
March 19th, 2008, 10:59
Thanks for another interesting trip report adman. This time you have written about a scene that I am quite familiar with, so it is quite interesting to see that you have a perspective that is often quite different to my own.

I assume this was a recent trip (last few weeks) so you will have missed the high season for this year already. Things will be just as quiet/busy throughout the summer, with exceptions for major local and international holidays. Whilst you say you went out both early and late, I guess you went to the bars generally quite early (rehearsals at Jupiter). Early for me would be 10:00pm. Most bars are busiest 11-12:00

I don't much like Solid, and find it the most uncomfortable, sat on high stools at high bar tables. I've been about 3 time in the last 5 years and never feel like rushing back. Tawan is unique and again I've never liked it to much. The boys, staff and customers all have a different attitude to most bars.

Jupiter is a favourite of mine. The owner is the petite Thai lady (husband is a policeman) that spends most of the time outside. She rules with a rod of iron but seems to have the respect of all the staff. The boys tip her 20 baht when they are offed. The pushy one inside would just have been one of the Captains. The fat one, An, I would guess!

Screwboys has improved recently and, sadly, Future does seem to have declined. A lot of the boys left at the end of last year and many are working at X-boys or a few other bars. Hopefully Future will find its form again, but there is talk of it being sold to a new owner.

Dream Boys and The Boys still have the largest stable of Boys, but I have found them uninspiring in recent years and many of the boys have been there for all of those recent years. These bars have the same owner and have always shared the show staff.

Fresh Beach Boys is sometimes quiet and sometimes busy. When I last went at New Year the place was packed and a lot of the boys were being taken off.

It seems you missed out on X-boys and Hotmale which are often reported as the most popular bars recently. Both are always busy and usually have the most explicit shows. Staff seem to swap between these to bars quite freely too.

I don't really understand your last paragraph when you compare BKK to Boys Town in PTY. You say "I will certainly return to Pattaya as I really enjoy the proximity of things". Does this mean you won't be returning to Bangkok?

TrongpaiExpat
March 19th, 2008, 12:08
Last night I went to the New (newer) BBB group/ Best Boys Bangkok show. I noticed the signs had changed and the door boys had new yellow shirts. I was having a drink and a snack at Dick's and noticed everyone going in that bar. The new sign said two shows in one.

I asked one of the door boys I know and he said, yes new, all new. I went in and it was already in progress, the place was packed. I had to take a seat next to the stage within the cum splash zone. It's faster moving than usual, more performers ( I lost count) and more sex. The old routines have been dropped and some tweaking here and there. It's a long show but fast moving so I did not doze off.

The regular numbered boys then returned to the stage. Some very nice. I paid my bill and the waiter said show not over, show 2 start soon. I left anyway but will have to return and catch all of show one and two latter.

If you looking for sex shows and a little entertainment this bar seems to be the place to go, this week anyway. A few weeks ago all the attention seemed to be at Hotmale.

There was a bit of a scare early in the evening. I had some business to attend to near the Pan Pacific Hotel and noticed a large contingent of 'boys in brown' and military boys mixed in. There was fear they were staging for a raid but it seems some VIP, perhaps a Royal, was having some function at the Hotel and when the limos left they left too. These VIPs sure don't like keeping a low profile. If they are worried about their safety they would be a lot better off just sneaking in quietly and then leave without the parade.

adman5000
March 19th, 2008, 17:28
Thanks for the added info Sen Yai.

When I used the term comfortable about Solid, I meant in terms of atmosphere versus physical comfort. I agree about the chairs.

You are correct on the pushy individual at Jupiter. It was the chubby guy.

At Dreamboy I found MANY (8-10 or more) recent new boys. On the previous trip to Thailand, the DB show took place in DB.(I loved the comedy segment, it was hilarious.) This trip, the show and DB boys were combined with the show and boys of the bar below (The Boys). So while they may have always shared show staff, I had not attended a combined show before where there were 75-100 boys together.

I did go to X Boys and Hotmale at the beginning of my trip, but didn't attend the shows as I don't normally care for them anywhere, and didn't off anyone so I could not remember enough to comment. The mind fades after visiting so many places within a two month period.

To further clarify the last paragraph: I will always return to Bangkok as it has too much breadth and diversity of entertainment not to. But I have entertained the thought before of not returning to Pattaya because of the occasional difficulty of finding boys which were attractive to me(many were too effeminate or young for me) and some of the related problems I saw(violent ladyboys and underage boys). But on this trip the scales tilted the other way and I had an equally good time in Pattaya with some great handome boys, good food, better prices, good music, and good service from the hotels. So now I would give each an equal chance. I also noted that many boys from the countryside commented that they preferred coming to Pattaya and wouldn't consider going to Bangkok. I wouldn't want to miss out on anything! :bounce:

Thanks for reading and your comments. I may seek out your advice on my next trip in November.