PDA

View Full Version : Gay Murder in Pattaya

February 28th, 2006, 04:34
Case investigated and solved. Frenchman murdered inside his View Talay 2 Condo.

Police Major Satien from Dongtan Police Sub-station in Jomtien was called to the View Talay 2 Condo Complex Building B on Saturday afternoon after the discovery of a badly decomposed body of a foreign man inside one of the condos. The alarm was raised by Mr. Edward Portman from England who was friends with the deceased man; Mr. Philippe Maria Louis Sabatier aged 64 from France who had not been seen for more than one week. He went to his friends 4th Floor condo and found the front door was unlocked and then made the gruesome discovery. According to forensic doctors, the body had remained undiscovered for at least one week which is consistent with Mr. PortmanтАЩs account and the man had sustained a head injury and electric cable was found around his neck.

The complexтАЩs CCTV pictures were examined and at 5.10pm on 15th February, the victim, a practicing homosexual, was seen walking to his condo with two Thai men. Approximately 45 minutes later, the two Thai men left and appeared hurried as they ran down the corridor to the elevators.

The two were the prime suspects in the murder case and at this point, PattayaтАЩs Tourist Police joined the investigation and less than 24 hours later the two men were caught. They were identified as Khun Wichien aged 25 and Khun Vee aged 17 who sell sexual services on Pattaya Beach. They were located by Police Lieutenant Colonel Wootishart and his team and were taken back to the Tourist Police Station where they confessed to the murder.

Khun Vee mentioned that his mother was suffering from the latter stages of AIDS and money was urgently required for the continuation of her medical care. Khun Vee continued by saying that the pair stole a Sony Digital Camera, Mobile Phone and mini VCD player which had a combined value of 8,000 Baht.

The two were transferred to Pattaya Polcie Station where they were formally charged with 1st Degree Murder which could see them locked up for many years to come, if convicted of the crimes committed.

www.pattayacitynews.net/news_27_02_49.htm (http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_27_02_49.htm)

February 28th, 2006, 05:28
We all look forward to the Prime Minister intervening in the case, bringing it to a speedy conclusion and the accused getting the death penalty. Or perhaps that's only where the victim is young, female and a tourist?

February 28th, 2006, 11:30
I'm impressed that surveillance video cameras were actually functional and that the video captured was archived and available a week later!

cottmann
February 28th, 2006, 12:47
[b] the victim, a practicing homosexual

What a discriminatory quote! Would Pattaya City News have written that the victim was "a practising heterosexual" if the two suspects "who sell sexual services on Pattaya Beach," were hookers rather than hustlers? BTW, I don't know this particular publication - is it anti-gay?

Aunty
February 28th, 2006, 13:43
that Mr Sabatier, if he was still alive would deny most vigorously that he was a practicing homosexual. Indeed I'm sure he would state he was very good at it.

Jetsam
March 1st, 2006, 00:18
Khun Vee continued by saying that the pair stole a Sony Digital Camera, Mobile Phone and mini VCD player which had a combined value of 8,000 Baht.

only 8,000 baht ?

March 1st, 2006, 00:30
Always sad when someone dies and always worse when it is a violent senseless death. Also sad to see the number of murders and shootings increase so drastically in recent years. I guess as long as the new social order continues to eliminate the bar jobs and the boys have no other means by which to make a living the muggings murders and thefts will continiue to esculate.

TrongpaiExpat
March 1st, 2006, 06:36
I guess as long as the new social order continues to eliminate the bar jobs and the boys have no other means by which to make a living the muggings murders and thefts will continiue to esculate.

As much as I would like to agree, that's nonsense. Crime increases in Pattaya over the years because there in an increase in the population, first. Then add to this a strange reporting press and it's looks like the place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Crime is pretty much an irrational random event that fluctuates for no clear reason(s).

March 1st, 2006, 06:44
What rubbish, luvthai. As if prostitution is the only job on the planet. And anyway, there are more barboys currently in working in Pattaya than at any time ever in history.

March 1st, 2006, 07:39
I guess as long as the new social order continues to eliminate the bar jobs and the boys have no other means by which to make a living the muggings murders and thefts will continiue to esculate.

As much as I would like to agree, that's nonsense. Crime increases in Pattaya over the years because there in an increase in the population, first. Then add to this a strange reporting press and it's looks like the place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Crime is pretty much an irrational random event that fluctuates for no clear reason(s).

Some crime is irrational with little visible reason. However, there have been years of research pointing to many factors involved in increased crime rates. Not going into any details but general reasons are thought to include social change / exclusion, economic instability, unemployment, drugs, opportunity (the chances or undertaking a crime and (not) getting caught), changes in the law, provocation etc etc Of course, all reasons never fully explain why some people affected by the above reasons undertake crime and others do not.

It is very sad that the guy in Pattaya was the victim of this crime, it could well have been anyone who has taken home someone they do not know i.e. you or I.

March 1st, 2006, 08:00
What rubbish, luvthai. As if prostitution is the only job on the planet. And anyway, there are more barboys currently in working in Pattaya than at any time ever in history.
Yes, indeed. The barboys I talk to generally prefer to spend 12 - 15 hours a month on their backs with their legs in the air for 15000 baht than 120 - 150 hours a month walking their legs on the restaurant or shop floor for 5000 baht. I guess that's known as the free market

cottmann
March 1st, 2006, 09:28

Judging by the reports on Enron, this quotation seems outdated.

Marsilius
March 1st, 2006, 12:16
"It is very sad that the guy in Pattaya was the victim of this crime, it could well have been anyone who has taken home someone they do not know i.e. you or I." [Fatman41]

Well, yes, that's undeniable. But I can't help thinking that taking two boys - quite possibly both unknown to the victim before that day - off the beach at the same time cannot have helped the poor guy's chances.

While I've nothing against a three-some, the fact remains that having two boys in your house at least doubles the risk of having a criminally inclined one in there with you.

Also, they are more likely to feel brazen and confident about committing a crime when together than one on his own would have been (they now outnumber you if physical force is going to be required, plus the possibility for one distracting you while the other is up to no good is greatly increased).

And any doubts that the less criminally inclined a boy might have had while on his own would be more likely overcome by the more criminally inclined one.

March 1st, 2006, 20:07
Yes, what a really sad story and a senseless and violent death (for B4,000 each we are told!), and but for the grace of .....

Three cheers this time to the security-video-cameras

And yes, how differently handled compared with that equally tragic story of the girl recently raped and murdered on Koh Samui

Marsilius is spot-on about three-somes: AYOR and keep your wits about you

Of course (and its no guarantee), but even offing a singleton I ensure beforehand that all possible "weapons" are locked away

March 2nd, 2006, 05:29
It was his own fault anyway.Have a look at the pic,he is even walking in front of them,he doesnt know em from a bar of soap.No i refuse to feel sory for him.he was a dope sory to say.Most people are victims of crime because they are not aware of risk.Yes your right he could of decreased his risk by taking one boy,he could of further decreased that by offing 2 boys from a respected go go bar.
No instead he picks up streeties from the street.He then looks like he s puffing and walks in front of them.No security awareness at all.
You need to lessen your risk of being a victim.Picking up from the street can be risky.I myself picked up from the beach in 2004 and the boy in the room,and this is before we done anything wanted the money first and secondly wanted more than the previously agreed price.So i said ok i will give you 300b now as a deposit ,he said no no 1500b.I said no we agreed on 1000b.With the 300b he threw it on the hotel room floor directly in front of me.Now i know some of you would have picked it up then he would of hammer hit you so i didnt.So i said to him take the 300b and go,dont wory about the sevice.As i turned he punched me in the side of the head so i punched him back,he then punched me back and i again punched him before he ran out of the room.Yes he was on some sort of "upper" drug i would say.so be careful picking up streeties.
About 2 nights later i went back to the beach with a thai friend and i saw the same guy with his tattoos and drugged out.He walked past me and shoulder barged me but he came off second best.The point is if i was an older guy he could of hurt me,possibly he does this all the time where he agrees on a price then gets back to the room and demands more and wants it straight away i dunno.But be aware.Even if you are going it backrooms of places etc.Look i was walking in Bangkok once and a thai guy approached meand my thai friend telling me he had some cheap strip show s and 40 b drinks on so i followed him into a place upstairs and was promised the 40 b drink and i had my thai friend so he got one too.they then said a strip show is 2000b and by the way the drinks are 200 b each the 40 b drinks start on your 3rd drink.So i said we would pay and leave but not the 2000b as i didnt see a strip show.My thai friend tells them in Thai we are not paying the 2000b.The mamasan calls out 2 leather criminal looking thais with goatees standing at the exit door.
They tell us we cannot go.Immediately my right hand goes to my throat,my right hand is choking me.i try to pull it back with my left hand,shouting to others to try to grab my right hand,they all looked shocked at me,even my thai friend as my right hand is choking me ,i start coughing spit up and start mini spewing as my left hand desperately tries to put my right hand off my throat,my thai friend is shocked also trying to grab my right hand.The mamasan is shouting,the 2 guys at the door are waving me out as i start spewing and coughing running out the door choking myself with my left hand trying to pull my right hand away from my throat.These are some of the tactics you should learn.

March 2nd, 2006, 06:23
...and frightening, it is a good thing your Israel friend has taught you how to negotiate so these things never happens to you again.