PDA

View Full Version : Song Phrajaruhn

March 17th, 2008, 23:55
The purpose of this posting is to alert people to the concert performed by the recently-reformed two-man-band, Atsani & Wasan.

These performers are personal favorites of mine, having ruled the airwaves during the early 1990's.

Then they fell silent. What happened? My former BF says that they quarreled over who did how much, and how the money should be split. (Reference the tale of Simon & Garfunkel.) (Or the Eagles) (Or the Beatles).

But suddenly, they are back together, and performing in front of a HUGE crowd in a HUGE stadium and Bangkok. Not only that, but they have Carabao as a guest singer!

The whole thing is great -- the DVDs are only around 300 baht. But there is a special surprise waiting at the end of the concert.

The three of them sing a very moving song "Song Prajaruhn" -- "Long Live the King!" And the audience goes wild with them, over King Bhumipol the Great Adulayaj.

Homework question: compare and contrast the careers of King Bhumipol and Fidel Castro.

Bob
March 18th, 2008, 05:46
Huh??? O'Henry (in honor of St. Pat's Day), your information about the duo seems puzzling to me.
Asanee ("Pom") Chotikul and his brother Wasan ("Toe") Chotikul have been performing together forever. Although they were in bands prior to 1986, that's when their first album came out. In 1986, they had their 20th Anniversary Concert and I know they performed together last year. And, obviously due to the new concert, they're still performing together. While the elder Chotikul (Asanee) has done an album or two on his own, I'm unaware that they have ever broken up.

I've enjoyed their music for years - have the 20th Anniverary dvd (done in 2006 and 3 discs) and a whole bunch of MP3's. They were together for the post-coup concert (the "Nation Concert") in late of 2006 (along with half of the Thai music stars) and have performed together at other functions outside their own concerts. In 2006, they also did what they called their "World Concert Tour" and were in New York, London, etc. By the way, Pom is 53 and Toe is 51 but they still make some very good pop/rock music.

March 18th, 2008, 06:41
Is this the Dynamic Duo? http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/fb/Asaneewasan20annivesary.jpg

Are they Gay Icons?

Bob
March 18th, 2008, 09:46
Yes on the first question. Hell if I know on the second.

bing
March 18th, 2008, 20:18
I do not know these guys at all. Could anyone post this song on 'You Tube'?

March 18th, 2008, 20:29
I do not know these guys at all. Could anyone post this song on 'You Tube'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwpeUnWuthU

Here is one of the numbers from their 20 years concert in Bangkok.

George.

March 18th, 2008, 21:18
http://bignose.exteen.com/20071111/feat

The website is in Thai, but look for the small music player in the right column at the top, and press "Play." The rest depends on your connection speed! :-)

bing
March 19th, 2008, 00:45
Thanks for posting the songs. I listened to about 5 that George posted and the one that Henry put up. It is easy music to listen to, but it seems the music did not move me to want the CD. I'm sure they are popular, they sort of remind me of soft mix of country western and folk. I think I like their vocals without the big band backup. Again, thanks for posting.