PDA

View Full Version : Horns of a Dilemna...

catawampuscat
March 13th, 2008, 00:07
What a dilemna!
This poster has had a long record of reporting on Sunee Plaza con artists and has related many stories which were
unflattering and nasty about one Brit, who no longer is active on this forum..

Well, what to do, when one hears that the accused con man is repaying debts and behaving honourably..
I guess I am blowing my pension with the barmy army but have heard first hand reports that at least three farangs were repaid
monies borrowed from them, in full or in part, by the accused con man.

I have decided it is only fair to report good and favourable news even when one doesn't like the person and it
is unfair to portray someone as evil etc. when they turn around and disprove the accusations and actually repay monies borrowed.

This is awkward and I am still surprised at the turn of events but it is only just to tell the positive when it happens.

I hope I can keep my secret decoder ring with the cat symbol and not regret this posting.. Time will tell... :cat:

globalwanderer
March 13th, 2008, 00:47
i am glad to here, and also that you are willing to report

Bob
March 13th, 2008, 06:25
What a dilemna!

The only "dilemna" (or dilemma) is your insatiable urge to post gossip, both the old postings and this new one about the same topic.

March 13th, 2008, 07:53
All's well that ends well I guess.

puckered_penguin
March 13th, 2008, 09:31
My understanding Cat is that your spat with LMTU, Earwig et al started because you or he vied over who could report gossip or bar news first.
He was never your debtor, nor a regular acquaintance of yours. just another gossip gatherer and your fall out was because you are both bad losers.
Am I right, or maybe you could explain a better reason why you spit with each other on various news boards? Perhaps you cannot remember why as it is so trivial.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 13th, 2008, 11:40
I predicted this eons ago but would anyone listen..nooooo.

I've known said poster known variably as LMTU/EARWIG etc for 35 years and he is a man of honor and integrity and as I posted on another board-when I first met him in London years ago he was a major civil servant in charge of one of the UK's most important government departments overseeing a budget of hundreds of millions of pounds annually-before retiring and buying 2 small hotels and developing a number of apartments in outlying suburbs of London. I've always known of his money arrangements and certain recent difficulties in accessing investments and that now appears to have eased.

People start rumors and then pieces get added onto them as they spread ( that's life) but do not fear-he is the one man who would never hold a grudge and couldn't really-in the end, give a toss. He's always had the philosophy that life can vanish at a moments notice and I'm sure the quick death of dear Terry /Wowpow would re-inforce that.

catawampuscat
March 13th, 2008, 11:52
PP..

I am an opinionated person and found myself in very strong disagreement with several posters styles and words. I tend towards the
"politically correct" point of view and have zero tolerance for what I perceive of as racial, religious, gender and several other types of
prejudice or intolerance.

Like many on this forum, when posters brag, boast or turn threads into threads about themselves, their wealth, their vast worldwide network
of close friends, sexual prowess, mistruths, attacks on fellow farangs and their businesses......well, the list goes on and on and is not directed
towards any one person but is an amalgamation of many posters and trolls who inhabit the Internet for better or worse..

My own style and outspoken viewpoints on almost everything have not won me many admirers and I have been reproached for my
behavior more than once and rightly so.

On occasion, I played with certain posters about being the first to scoop events in Sunee Plaza but being first was never important to me but
it was very important to several others and I played off this for my own amusement. Gossip in the ears of the beholder and forums such as this
lend themselves to reporting the news of gay businesses and sometimes gay persons for better or worse..

This is all history now and I thought it was appropriate to relate some good news/gossip, especially after relating some much negative and
damning news/gossip. I hold strong feelings about the men I relate with in Pattaya/Jomtien and have a tendency to regurgitate too much of it
but there is always the ignore feature for those who rise above the type of postings I write.

I must just add that I was also impressed by a recent posting about wowpow on GT&T and for a change, the poster did not turn his heartfelt
words into a thread about himself. This is a left handed compliment but since I am no fan of this man and find him unbearable, it is and was
a dilemma of conscious to post positively about him.. Enough for now I think, and time for a long rest and some hot times in Pattaya.. :cat:

francois
March 13th, 2008, 14:07
Who is to say, who is right or whom is wrong?

Everyone who exalts himself, shall be humbled and he that humbled himself shall be exalted. Luke18:9-14

Perhaps peace will reign on this forum?

francois

March 13th, 2008, 14:25
Oh dear it sounds like there is no gossip around, so the Gossips are turning Gossip and hearsay, into more rumors and Gossip.

Poor man or now from what I hear, very very rich man. :cheers:

Dont worry, I'm not he, no more than Village Idiot/sociapath/Cat is who ever he wishes he was, but cant seem to make up his mind with his multi personalities, at least he has one?.

Dodger
March 13th, 2008, 17:21
[quote:j3nopazj]It takes your enemy and your friend, working together,to hurt you to the heart; the one to slander you and the other to get the news to you.[/[/quote:j3nopazj]quote]

Mark Twain

lonelywombat
March 13th, 2008, 17:38
Oh dear it sounds like there is no gossip around, so the Gossips are turning Gossip and hearsay, into more rumors and Gossip.

Poor man or now from what I hear, very very rich man. :cheers:

Dont worry, I'm not he, no more than Village Idiot/sociapath/Cat is who ever he wishes he was, but cant seem to make up his mind with his multi personalities, at least he has one?.

Has anyone told Monty that his star boarder in his 5000 baht per month B&B room, 2 people and breakfast or dinner included
every day is now flush with funds.. I am sure that Monty would welcome a visit from our newly cashed up friend, after he carried him when he was broke.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 13th, 2008, 21:02
yes I heard Monty's tales and they grew and grew by the week.

Monty seems to have forgotten the arrangment he made -I didn't as I was there at the time which was for Earwig to pay 400 baht a night which he paid by the month. Monty then added an electricity charge which although common on condos is not in hotels..and then added a "joiners" fee..

such is the melting pot of Pattaya where a small financial arrangement is turned into world war 3 and you wonder why some farangs wander from one business wreck to another..first rule ..DON'T ALIENATE CUSTOMERS...even when you think they are down and out because my experience in life is that most people, when down, rise to the top again and have long memories.

end of today's sermon.

catawampuscat
March 13th, 2008, 23:40
Hope springs :flower: eternal rainwalker.
All you have to do is remove one of the fingers and leave the middle one up, if the proverbs prove true..

:cat:

jinks
March 14th, 2008, 00:16
Like so.....

http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/P3130047.jpg

My very own hand hehehe

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 14th, 2008, 06:59
well it does show that everyone is in this mad melting pot together in the end and despite the heat rising at times..we can all get over it.

We all go the way of Wowpow sooner or later so why not make the most of it while we are here.

##yes...fulll marks to the Cat for showing great gentlemanly spirit !!! :salute:

(### I've been harsh on Monty who is a kindly sod..he does say things after a few tinctures which I'm guilty of myself)

March 14th, 2008, 14:46
DELETED

Brad the Impala
March 14th, 2008, 15:34
I've known said poster known variably as LMTU/EARWIG etc for 35 years and he is a man of honor and integrity and as I posted on another board-when I first met him in London years ago he was a major civil servant in charge of one of the UK's most important government departments

He was a civil servant? God knows what a rude one must be like then.

lonelywombat
March 14th, 2008, 17:48
##yes...fulll marks to the Cat for showing great gentlemanly spirit !!! :salute:

(### I've been harsh on Monty who is a kindly sod..he does say things after a few tinctures which I'm guilty of myself)

Monty may be guilty of a many bad comments about many people. He is a battler who cannot afford to extend credit to anyone. He is probably simple but he is also honest at the same time. His health is poor and he needs to do what he does to survive.
I admire him as I do not think I or many others have the ability to work as he does.
My health is not great His is very poor. He does not trade on his health but tries tries tries and deserves to get a break.
Monty is more genuine than most I have met or read about on this forum, in Pattaya. But like us all he is not perfect.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 14th, 2008, 20:22
You can't be talking about the same person Brad the Impala...LMTU certainly is NOT an ill mannered person considering the amount of shit printed on these forums by any number of posters who couldn't possibly know him.

If it were me that had been called a "con-man" amd libelled continuously I would have first decked half a dozen offendors and then dealt with it in the Thai way..some nitwits in this town sail a bit too close to the wind for their own comfort.

slightly imperious yes..but then if you knew the British civil service you would know that's how one gets things done.

I think about 100 Pattaya residents need to get a life and find a new target to focus on-this one has played out.

ps Wombat..Monty didn't extend credit. You weren't a party to the deal so you shouldn't assume anything.

Brad the Impala
March 15th, 2008, 00:21
You can't be talking about the same person Brad the Impala...LMTU certainly is NOT an ill mannered person considering the amount of shit printed on these forums by any number of posters who couldn't possibly know him.

I only know and evaluate this person by his own words/posts. That was as close, perhaps closer, than I would wish to come in real life!

lonelywombat
March 15th, 2008, 03:52

I think about 100 Pattaya residents need to get a life and find a new target to focus on-this one has played out.

ps Wombat..Monty didn't extend credit. You weren't a party to the deal so you shouldn't assume anything.

I must admit all my info has come from Monty, but once LMTY turned feral and abusive to me whilst still living at the B&B

I returned the "compliments" Strange that people claim Monty talks a lot of shit then send you abusive PMs quoting Monty.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 15th, 2008, 08:41
well good on you Brad for being honest and you have every right to that opinion...

Wombat..I've only ever seen LMTU turn fierce a long long time ago in London and as he's around 6'3 " and rather large the other person seem to fly out the pub door in a flash but he would much rather smooth things over these days so I think you were avery brave and obviously perceived you were standing up for a friend so no-one can knock you for that.

Let's not turn this into a debate on dear old M***y..and take away from the Cat's good intentions.

March 15th, 2008, 19:01
..and take away from the Cat's good intentions.Are they the same ones with which the road to Hell is reputedly paved?

March 16th, 2008, 08:30
Gee, now I'm beginning to wish I had loaned the guy money.

Let's see....If I had met him 2 yrs ago and loaned him 100,000B when the dollar/bhat rate was 40 and he paid me back my 100,000 now that the rate is around 30 I'd have a nice 33% profit (in dollars)!

Boy, sure beats T-bills.

Of course, as Will Rodgers once said, sometimes the return on your capital is not as important as the return of your capital. :geek:

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 16th, 2008, 13:37
much ado about nothing.
Perhaps we could start a thread about people's credit card limits or their mortgages and defaults etc. Just as fascinating.

Yes Homintern...Pattaya..as many have found, it's either Heaven or Hell and your smallest foibles are broadcast through a megaphone usually by people wishing to divert attention from their own.

Best you stay in Bangkok-less balconies.

March 16th, 2008, 13:50
Guilty Pleasures
One of the people I'm dying to meet.
But I'm keeping my hand on my pocketbook!
(You'll love this Boozy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TrPkz4XnHE&feature=PlayList&p=5C604613C32A2A8E&index=6