PDA

View Full Version : barracks at Babylon

thrillbill
March 11th, 2008, 22:46
Might stay at the Barracks at Babylon for a change. Any comments on the place... worth the $; location; cleanliness...

March 12th, 2008, 12:46
Babylon is OK if you want to go to Babylon every day of your holiday. I don't. There is nothing else worth going to within walking distance in that area.
I stay at Tarntawan Place. See countless threads back about the place.
To get a good deal at Tarntawan get the hotel brochure at Dicks Cafe. Those brochures have a leaflet you can use that says you are "A friend of Dick's Cafe". Tell them when you make the reservation and they automatically give you a discount when you book in.

thrillbill
March 12th, 2008, 17:07
Yes, I usually stay in the Silom area when I decide to have a BKK weekend so know about the hotels there. I usually stay at the Silom Regent Hotel (soi "Richards"-behind Bug and Bee). Nothing great..just a good location, especially after leaving G.O.D. True about Babylon...nothing else around there. What's the name of the fellow for reduced rates at the Pinnacle?(sorry, can't get that info on Google!!!)

yaraboy
March 12th, 2008, 21:45
Jimmy is bad at replying to Emails but I have never had a problem with my booking (at least 20 times).....I usually follow up my original email with one closer to the date. Pinnacle is still a good deal
Babylon (and Pinnacle)location is not too bad..pleasant local area with restaurant and shops Lumpini Silom etc not far away

thrillbill
March 12th, 2008, 22:28
thanks for the info... I just wanted a different "neighborhood" for a change for the wk end. away from Pattaya.

March 13th, 2008, 01:54
And for the same price as a tired drab room at the Tantawan or the Rose, you get a nice penthouse suite at the Babylon compleat with 2 free entries to its many afternoon delights and the wild slumber sleepovers late into the evenings after the sauna has closed. Some of the larger barrack rooms come with their own ensuite facilities with your convenience.

I've always enjoyed being pampered at the Babylon and meeting people from all over the world there, without the hassles and diseases in association with paid Pattaya sex. Nothing like a lazy afternoon by the pool followed by a relaxing massage before rubbing shoulders at the monthly foam parties to recharge you in time for a wild night in town.

atri1666
March 13th, 2008, 03:03
Do they believe they are as good as the "Oriental" ?? Penthouse Suites between 2800-4800 baht/night and the botticelli rooms 7500-9500 baht/night?
Than i prefer more real good hotels like sukkothai, oriental or sheraton or peninsula and there i will be pampered really good. Babylon wants 1700 baht for the cheapest room >> i get always the tawana (26-32тВм) cheaper and like this hotel also very much.

Beachlover
June 24th, 2008, 08:06
I'm thinking of staying at Babylon.

I noticed they have common showers. What are these like? Are they quite open?

Also... what are their massages like there?...

Has anyone stayed at Babylon?... is it worth it?

June 24th, 2008, 08:44
I've always enjoyed being pampered at the Babylon and meeting people from all over the world there, without the hassles and diseases in association with paid Pattaya sex.

Are you out of your mind? You think that people who fly around the world to have sex in saunas are not just as diseased as Pattaya bar boys? You better think again. This kind of stupidity results in the lowering of defenses, and the getting of diseases yourself.

Beachlover
June 24th, 2008, 09:23
so i'm guessing that means eveyone can see your d!ck when showering then...

TrongpaiExpat
June 24th, 2008, 12:42
There is nothing else worth going to within walking distance in that area.

Pandans---Funky trendy bar bistro, at corner, used to be the old Babylon
Maui Restaurant--Good food and nice place
Malaysia Hotel--rent boys outside
O Ho's Restaurant- Gay owned and excellent
Om Yim Restaurant-- Good Thai food
Ledo- excellent Italian food
Candle T spa--massage
GQ Massage
Po Land Massage

20B Motocy taxi or a 10 min walk to Lumpini MRT . One stop and your at Silom.

June 24th, 2008, 13:05

Candle T spa--massage
GQ Massage
Po Land Massage

The first two places on your list should be "Pandanus" and "Mali" (not "Pandans" and "Maui").

June 24th, 2008, 14:04

Candle T spa--massage
GQ Massage
Po Land Massage

2 Right TE. I usually stay overlooking the roof terrace of the old Babylon where I had many a happy sundowner in the 80s. I love this area and find it great. Walking distance to Lumpini Stadium, Park, Fitness First etc. etc. I find Silom/Suriwongse filthy and noisy by comparison.

TrongpaiExpat
June 24th, 2008, 20:21

Candle T spa--massage
GQ Massage
Po Land Massage

The first two places on your list should be "Pandanus" and "Mali" (not "Pandans" and "Maui").

Thanks for the spelling corrections, you sure know Bangkok well, boy, one might even say your a geenyus, keep up the good work Chao Na.

June 24th, 2008, 20:32
I know Bangkok fairly well, and I guess the person you're thinking of knows Bangkok fairly well.

So, by extension, I must be the person you are thinking of. There's only one person in the world who knows Bangkok well enough to know the correct name of Mali Restaurant or that the GSM Sauna is full of pandas?

Brilliant logic. You are certainly the geenyus around here.

June 25th, 2008, 15:12
I just assumed that TE had deliberately misspelt those names to make it more difficult for the Neanderthals on the board to find them leaving their pleasures for the exclusive use of the Sapient Homos here.

TrongpaiExpat
June 25th, 2008, 18:00
I just assumed that TE had deliberately misspelt those names to make it more difficult for the Neanderthals on the board to find them leaving their pleasures for the exclusive use of the Sapient Homos here.

No, it was troll bait/trap, for one specific troll and they are just restaurants. I was not sure, but given the response, I am now quite sure that the responding poster was who I though he was.

Pandanus Bar (http://www.bkmagazine.com/place/pandanus-bar-bistro)

Mali Restaurant (http://www.geocities.com/malirestaurant/)