PDA

View Full Version : Again massage problem in Jomtien complex

March 11th, 2008, 20:28
Yesterday the so famous "Duo House" (just look at all the old post in this forum about all the problems in this shop), be involved in a "battle" with russians customers and others thai guys from a massage shop just near.
For the first time we saw thai coming to help farang.
Russians have been robbed in Duo house, and fight begin with the thai massage boys of this place.
10 against 3, not so easy, but russians had help from thai boys from others place.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 11th, 2008, 20:36
Yikes !! Russians and Thais..I'd be heading for the hills pronto

atri1666
March 11th, 2008, 23:06
I was 2 times there and every time my locker was examined (pants and shirt changed position) - but took my belongings with me in plastic bag. During massage i could see it. Every time i was with the boy in the cabin he was speaking with somebody outside ( he told him he can go to my locker). Take care when you go there!

March 12th, 2008, 03:42
Is there where I can get one of those four-handed massages I read about from time to time? It sounds like a house speciality, judging by the name

March 12th, 2008, 04:19
atri666 have his looker check 2 times
jimnbkk have been stolen
I had bad experiences there
I see 1 solution : "boycott Duo House and avoid this place"

March 12th, 2008, 05:37
or bring your own padlock like you should do to places like sauna's and massage houses
sometimes it is not the staff but some other customer's like at the sauna's who are looking for some extra

March 12th, 2008, 15:08
No I dont think its a scam on internet, even the guy lie to you, you decide to send (and to loose money). When you take somebody to your condo that a thief
But when you go to a shop like Duo House, you have to pay the bill, you have to tip the guy, and in the same time the others massage boys check your locker (as Atri666), Steal your money and phone (as jimnbkk) or boss and staff laugh at you if you ask explanation (as me or) or fight you (as russians).

We all know have many liers on internet, we must all know when a shop as Duo house, have the same problem many time in many years.
And its not the same topic....

jimnbkk
March 12th, 2008, 21:29
Let's boycott Duo House. And, remember to be careful when going to the other massage places. I'll be back in LOS in May. I walk past Duo House frequently. I'll look at the 7/11 on the other side of the soi when I walk past. That'll show 'em, by 'cracky.

March 13th, 2008, 02:31
Very good idea JIMNBKK ! More this kind of shop know we "know" what they do, maybe more we have luck to make them change the way they act. :violent1:
But for the moment only 1 way :mad3: Boycott DUO HOUSE ! :angryfire:
Does someone know if this massage shop have an email ? maybe the owner dont know so many things about what happen in his etablissement. :pain10:

atri1666
March 13th, 2008, 02:43
Yes they have email >>> duo_house@yahoo.co.th and they have homepage >>>> http://asia.geocities.com/duo_house/
Because i always took my valuables with me (even under the shower) i never needed to call for police - but returning to my locker pants and shirt and shoes always found in other position as i left them. This line of action i do in every massage place (take valuables with me).

March 13th, 2008, 17:09
Did anyone send email to them ? and did they give an answer ?

March 13th, 2008, 18:44
This line of action i do in every massage place (take valuables with me).Surely the answer is not to have valuables about one's person if planning to visit such an establishment?

atri1666
March 13th, 2008, 19:33
This line of action i do in every massage place (take valuables with me).Surely the answer is not to have valuables about one's person if planning to visit such an establishment?

It means to have small amount of money and my passport > I not mean gold and my rolex

March 13th, 2008, 20:14
Here's something you can try.
Go to this place with just enough money to pay for the massage and tip. Take that money with you wherever you go, including into the shower.
Now ... before you go for the massage buy a mouse trap in one of the hardware stores - there are a few on 2nd road just before the turn off to Jomtien.
Conceal the mousetrap in your pocket, go into the place, get changed and then before closing the locker door set the mousetrap in the back of the locker where it's dark. (remember to have taken your money with you).
When a thief goes into you locker and feels around for the wallet ..... http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/42/200px-MouseTroubleOuch.jpg

jimnbkk
March 13th, 2008, 21:08
That sounds like a good idea. But, for somebody like me with CRS*, the mousetrap as at least an equal chance of catching me.

*CRS = Can't Remember S-it.

Hell, my memory's so bad any more, I could hide my own easter eggs.

bao-bao
March 13th, 2008, 23:40
When I travel in LOS I like to see how the locals live, and sometimes that finds me wandering into "side-side-side sois". One of the first pieces of safety advice I learned was not to go waving a big video camera around that's worth more than the people near you make in a year. If you read this board for any length of time you'll see similar cautionary tales.

A bit of common sense doesn't take any room at all in a carry-on but it's surprising how many posters here seem to leave it at home (along with most of their manners in far too many cases).

If you're going to go to a massage or sauna place where you're sure YOU'RE responsible for belongings left in a locker, take your own lock: Swiss Army makes a very nice flat/compact combo lock that eliminates the need to carry a key if you want a suggestion that works for me. I personally take a very small packet along WITH me in any massage establishment to hold my passport copy, minimal cash, etc. With next to no effort you could find something similar, even if it's just a zip-lock baggie to protect it in the shower area.

As for Duo House itself I didn't notice anything moved in my locker either time I visited there last month...and yes, I always check that myself, out of curiosity. I did, however, have very good massages from both Bom (on the left) and Boy (on the right).

-- By the way, you can save your "EEEeeeww! I hate tattoos!" replies - I dont care for them either, but I was there for a massages, not to give them physicals. -- :cheers:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2451.jpg

catawampuscat
March 13th, 2008, 23:51
it looks like bao bao has a thing for massage boys/guys. I share his interest.
With Duo House get so much bad press here, it is nice to see someone had a good experience and can even
give recommendations.. thanks again bao :cat:

March 14th, 2008, 08:55
As far as I know, the owner of the Duo is a Japanese who live in Japan, so he may not know what's going on.... It seems to me that the complaints about the place started after a very nice mamasan (I forgot his name) retired about a year ago to stay full time with his farang BF, and take care of him. Very very nice man, too bad he left......

March 15th, 2008, 17:00
Yes surely bad this mamasan go away but reading jmnbkk or atri666, that many times and many year DUO HOUSE have problems, and not so many people who come to tell us great times they had here but so many complain by so many people.
As say CAT... : Duo House get so much bad press here
I no understand why some places close so quickly and how some places can still be open...