PDA

View Full Version : what if anything is happening with Montys old poolbar

lonelywombat
March 11th, 2008, 13:20
I have seen several references to the good old days[fishing thread] at Montys pool bar

At one stage last year there was posted photos of the alleged damaged condition that Monty had inflicted on the buildings.

However there was also a lot of talk about squatters and freelancers doing yaba out of sight

The last I heard was that Mrs Sunee had stated the pool could not be sublet by the Marine Hotel. She had let Monty
have a [sub] lease because of favours Monty had done for her. But that was once off favour not a precedent.

From memory the owner of Krazy Dragon is the current owner, or was the owner that sublet it to Monty I assume he is also the owner of Marine Hotel.

March 11th, 2008, 19:30
I have seen several references to the good old days[fishing thread] at Montys pool bar

At one stage last year there was posted photos of the alleged damaged condition that Monty had inflicted on the buildings.

However there was also a lot of talk about squatters and freelancers doing yaba out of sight

The last I heard was that Mrs Sunee had stated the pool could not be sublet by the Marine Hotel. She had let Monty
have a [sub] lease because of favours Monty had done for her. But that was once off favour not a precedent.

From memory the owner of Krazy Dragon is the current owner, or was the owner that sublet it to Monty I assume he is also the owner of Marine Hotel.

NOTHING IS HAPPENING AND IT IS A DISGRACEFUL EYESORE FOR THE AREA AND A NONSENSE THAT IT HAS GONE ON SO LONG

I am sure plenty more are of the same opinion.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 11th, 2008, 20:22
the Krazy Dragon owner claims to be the current lease holder but seems to want a vast sum to sub-let. A shame as it needs a lot spent on it but it has potential to be a unique and great little business.

jimnbkk
March 11th, 2008, 21:49
I suspect Monty would not like his name attached to a place that is so disgracefully trashed as this place. It was nice when Monty ran it. It's totally trashed now, and I suspect the pool is probably beyond economical repair. The place, and the pool, is full of trash; the rooms are roofless. Boys use it for yaba and glue sniffing times. Sometimes you see one or more boys sleeping there. Whoever is responsible for it should be ashamed of him or herself.

I know all this, because I just spent a month looking down on it from the Yensabai.

March 11th, 2008, 22:07
DELETED

March 11th, 2008, 23:26
[NOTHING IS HAPPENING AND IT IS A DISGRACEFUL EYESORE FOR THE AREA AND A NONSENSE THAT IT HAS GONE ON SO LONG

Taking you off thread slightly. I was away in Australia for a month over New Year so may have missed the answer to this.

Did you ever post pictures of the damage that was caused to your property by a local club owner and did you ever manage to settle for compensation?

Shuee
March 11th, 2008, 23:49
i'm with kevin on this one, perhaps we could avoid krazy dragon also as a means of getting out point across,
as if there wasnt enough mischeivous characters in sunee already, the old pool area cold soon turn into a dwelling place for all types!!

paulg
March 12th, 2008, 06:45
[

NOTHING IS HAPPENING AND IT IS A DISGRACEFUL EYESORE FOR THE AREA AND A NONSENSE THAT IT HAS GONE ON SO LONG

I am sure plenty more are of the same opinion.

I remember photos of the place when damages were being chased.Would love to see again photos of the bar when it was lively and full of fun. Used to love afternoons just lounging around the pool. Preferred it to the beach.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 12th, 2008, 07:50
In that myriad whirlpool that makes up what the labyrinth of ownership of properties in Thailand-I doubt Peter from Krazy Pub actually owns the property-just the lease and wishes to sub lease so doesn't have an interest in spending money on the place. No reason to boycott Krazy Dragon (and as if you would !)...

so there it is for some enterprising farang..a great little business right in the heart of Sunnee and a swimming pool no less that can always be renovated..it must be the only walk in pool in town !..not everyone wants to go all the way out to the beach..

...and Wowpow is off to Heaven today..maybe he can have a word with Buddha !! bye bye Terry..see you in another lifetime !!

neddy3
March 12th, 2008, 09:07
It's totally trashed now, and I suspect the pool is probably beyond economical repair. The place, and the pool, is full of trash; the rooms are roofless. Boys use it for yaba and glue sniffing times. Sometimes you see one or more boys sleeping there. Whoever is responsible for it should be ashamed of him or herself.

I know all this, because I just spent a month looking down on it from the Yensabai.

As I did, and completely endorse these comments.

Regarding the comments of another poster, that this pool area could become a form of residence for all types; well, it has already. The young gluesniffing set come and go at will, and often sleep there, day and night.

The place is now a very negative aspect to Sunee, for a variety of reasons.

bing
March 12th, 2008, 11:32
Monty's pool was for a few years a sort of Camelot, 'a place that for a brief shining moment was perfection.' Aside from a place where you could enjoy the beer and the company of Monty as he did his Monty thing, and the relaxed banter of several of the guys from this forum. If you have attended one of Monty's parties, they, IMHO were the stuff of which good memories are made. I know there are some who did not enjoy this spot, and that is not a problem, as all that was asked of them , was not to let the door hit you in the arse as you walked out. I remember one night with a pole competition over the pool, when Peter had a birthday party. Heck, I hardly knew Peter, but was asked to take a few snaps with my old Kodak. Not only did the evening turn out to be a Mecca for half of Sunee, it was a sterling event that has a honored place in my memory palace. I have lamented the passing of the zebra, and lion and all the other beasts that called the pool home. Ah, my friends, it is gone but not forgotten. Every time I hear Monty expounding on the future prospects of Jomtien complex, it reminds me of the excitement he brought to the management of the pool. Since my Heineken has been topped off, it calls to mind the most humorous event I witnessed at the pool. Monty had gone to the market and got a large chicken that he cooked up in the kitchen. It was sitting under a cover and one of the dogs, a type of golden retriever variety of dog went into the kitchen and tipped over the cover and was dragging the chicken across the concrete by the tables where Monty and a few of us farangs were holding court. One of the pool boys yelled at the dog and started laughing, and the other boys joined in laughing. Monty was not too happy to see his chicken being dragged by the dog, said something like, " Go ahead and laugh, that is your supper his is taking." As one the boys swooped down on the dog and took the chicken away from him. I did not see it but I am sure they enjoyed the chicken later in the day. Strange is it not that one travels half way around the world and finds humor in the dog stealing a chicken from the kitchen. Actually it fits my philosophy of life, that it is the small things in life that make for the good times.