PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the same-sex marriage?

March 10th, 2008, 20:44
One of my friends get married with the same sex, what do you think about that?

jinks
March 10th, 2008, 21:39
Disgusting two women getting married.

March 11th, 2008, 01:14
... between the social good of encouraging stability, and the view that we should have no role in extending a patriarchal, property-based institution to a group that has traditionally been (and in my opinion should remain) creative outsiders

March 11th, 2008, 08:01
One of my friends get married with the same sex, what do you think about that?

I think you're another wind-up artist.

alipatt-old
March 11th, 2008, 09:48
There are 4 siblings in my family

1 str8 girl
1 gay male ( me )
1 str8 male
1 gay female - my youngest sister had a civil union to her Methodist minister partner.

Our family have no issues with any lifestyle of the others and all love and support each other - why wouldn't we?

March 11th, 2008, 15:26
I had a disastrous 22 year 'convential' marriage and was lucky to get out of it with my finances (and self-respect) more or less intact. I would certainly NOT enter into any other marriage now whether it be convential or same-sex.

If you want to enter into some form of 'partnership' agreement fine, but make sure that you have a legally watertight 'palimoney' type agreement covering all you worldly assets including property before you proceed.

Marsilius
March 11th, 2008, 18:43
My partner and I, after 19 years together, took the first available opportunity to enter into a UK Civil Partnership (which offers all the material benefits of heterosexual marriage to same-sex couples).

After all those years, we did not feel the need to do it to "prove" anything to each other. Neither did we feel the need to prove anything to anyone else.

We did it for the practical benefits of inheritance rights, next-of-kin rights and so on - and, not least, to give all our friends a good time at the ceremony and the subsequent party!