PDA

View Full Version : gay patong site not banned

paulg
February 27th, 2006, 12:17
On Heddas blog was mention that gaypatong.com was the second gay site banned

if so it must only be in Thailand

I copied this info from the webpage just now

14 March 2006 Magha Puja Day Buddhist holiday and all bars will be closed http://www.interfaithcalendar.org/2006.htm

13 to 15 April 2006 Songkran - The traditional Thai New Year is officially three days, but only celebrated on 13 April in Phuket. The tradition of sprinkling water has changed into a huge water fight. It's a fun festival that you should not miss, but leave your camera,mobile and other belongings that might suffer water damage in your hotel room.

Opening and closing time
Many rumours but still no change. Most bars stay open until 02.00 but you can find some nightspots open even longer.

Brad the Impala
February 27th, 2006, 22:55
Most of the non gogo bars are open longer, even Boat Bar is open until 0300 now, and then there always the karaoke bars, with hosts, in the Superboy soi, which have been known to stay open until 0800.

elephantspike
February 27th, 2006, 22:58
if so it must only be in Thailand

Yes, that is what's going on. It is only Thailand that is banning gay websites . It does not affect any other countries.

dab69
February 28th, 2006, 01:26
glad to hear closing times haven't changed, even though some here knew better, claiming to know how it worked... guessing that's why the thread here evaporated.

now if I could just arrive before 00:05, so I could GO OUT my first night back in 2 years

bucknaway
February 28th, 2006, 10:03
So does that mean that this site will have "Gay" taken out of the URL?

Then I can read this site while at work without my IT dept thinking I am visiting a gay sex site...

elephantspike
February 28th, 2006, 10:24
No. I'm not changing the name of the site. We are just starting to get listed in Google. Besides, that won't work. See Jufetish's comments on the "Looks like the worst has happened" thread.

Why don't you use the proxy that they need to use in Thailand now, Buck? Won't that cover your tracks?

BTW- Gaypatong has posted on the ezboard that his site is in fact blocked.

bucknaway
February 28th, 2006, 10:27
No, that won't work, but it is ok. I will just have to enjoy the site a little bit at a time hehe