PDA

View Full Version : Helpful advice needed

March 8th, 2008, 22:38
I have a 5 hour wait for my connecting flight to Phuket next week.
I am thinking of getting a taxi to the nearest gay massage parlour.
Which is the nearest or easiest to get to from Suvarnabhumi?
Thanks in advance.

globalwanderer
March 9th, 2008, 00:10
What's your arrival time at Bangkok. traffic conditions can dictate what's possible. Also are you booked on a connecting flight, i.e. will your luggage be booked through. I was once and cleared immigration at Bangkok... then had problems at Phuket when I came to leave as I was booked on an inter connecting flight but had not cleared Phuket immigration. Solved reasonably quickly once I produced the passport with immigrations stamp, but...

Remember to allow an hour for immigration etc. on arrival at Bangkok, and that you need to aim to be back at least an hour before your onward flight. If non connecting you'll need to allow more for check in etc.

To be honest for 5 hours I'd avoid the hassle....

TrongpaiExpat
March 9th, 2008, 00:18
Here is a list, take your pick. www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/1/14/ (http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/1/14/)

Keep in mind that the listed opening times are in Thai time, give or take a few hours. Closing time depends on customers, if no have, they close early.

Here is a link to a 5 page thread on massage places, take it all with a few grains of salt.
web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/showthread.php?t=325783 (http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/showthread.php?t=325783)

Expressway traffic will be heavy going in and backs up just before the Suk exit between 1600 and 1900. Going back to the airport at rush hour is often a slow trip. If your arrival is on a weekend, no problem.

March 9th, 2008, 01:07
We could refer back to torfin's thread of ... what was it now ... a week ago (?) seeking similar information - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14067.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/fun-in-or-near-suvarnabhumi-airport-t14067.html)

March 9th, 2008, 06:19
In answer to globalwanderer I arrive in BKK at 3.30pm and will collect my case and exit terminal.
My next flight is a domestic one leaving at 9.10pm.
Considering that the traffic to town will be rush hour and the fact that I may not be able to check case until later, I think it's best to hang around the airport.
I have just made my mind up, thanks for the replies, guys.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 9th, 2008, 18:35
5 hours is really pushing it..can't you get the dirty business over with in the morning and then just relax at the airport ? There are plenty of legit (non-sex
) massage parlors to ease your weary bones and a few oxygen bars to get you nice a and relaxed before the flight. Get you mind of sex for once.

Brad the Impala
March 10th, 2008, 02:45
In answer to globalwanderer I arrive in BKK at 3.30pm and will collect my case and exit terminal.
Considering that the traffic to town will be rush hour and the fact that I may not be able to check case until later, I think it's best to hang around the airport.

You should be able to check your baggage through to Phuket, and save the hassle of collecting it at Bangkok, if your connecting flight to Phuket is with Thai Airways.

If it is Thai Airways it is worth wait listing for an earlier flight, they go every two hours or so.

Sen Yai
March 10th, 2008, 03:11

I think you should go for it! 5 hours is a long time to kill at any airport, and if you end up sitting there while some one massages your feet you will regret that you did not take the chance for a more interesting massage :cyclopsani: .

You can check-in up to 6 hours in advance on most airlines (I'm guessing you're flying AirAsia to Phuket, by the timing) so you should have landed, cleared customs, checked-in again and be in a taxi by 4:30pm. Allowing 1hr to get to your massage parlour of choice (check DN's lists as recommended by Trongpai) you should be selecting your masseur by 5:30pm. Allowing a full 2 hours for the massage and showers, you should be heading back to Suvarnabhumi by 7:30pm. You'll be there soon after 8:00pm which is plenty of time for a 9:10 domestic flight, especially if you have your boarding card in your pocket.

I say go for it and make the most of your holiday.

globalwanderer
March 10th, 2008, 15:21
You can check-in up to 6 hours in advance on most airlines (I'm guessing you're flying AirAsia to Phuket, by the timing) so you should have landed, cleared customs, checked-in again and be in a taxi by 4:30pm.

Air Asia only open check in 2 hours before the flight departs and close it 45 minutes before

thrillbill
March 10th, 2008, 17:08
Give me a Break! Just 5 hours before the domestic flight to Phuket???? It isn't worth the tension of getting a taxi to downtown, finding the massage place in the traffic, then finding another taxi and standing in line again at the airport... Save the taxi money and spend it in Phuket, there are plenty of massage parlors there. Do yourself a favor and cruise the airport or whack off in the loo. :cyclops:

Smiles
March 10th, 2008, 19:25
" ... whack off in the loo ... "
Only reply so far worth embracing.
Five pithy words encapsulating sound advice for all who cannot bring themselves to approach Thai guys in hong nams.

Cheers ... :idea: