PDA

View Full Version : Good News.. Bad News... in Pattaya !!

catawampuscat
March 7th, 2008, 23:36
The grapevine was buzzing tonite with news of a possible police raid in Sunee Plaza..
A letter has gone out to the bar owners advising them that a new headman was now in charge and there would be zero tolerance (my words) ...

The letter stressed that all bar employees must be 18 years or older, all customers must be 20 years old or older,
no cigarette smoking would be tolerated in the a/c bars and more on the necessity to have all licenses, ID cards,
and other paperwork in order or else..

Fear of an imminent raid cleared the Sunee Plaza Boy Go Go Bars early of those who didn't have their own ID cards,
wouldn't pass a piss test, or were just shy of legal age etc.

The beer bars were full and it was a bad night for most of the go go boy bars in Sunee Plaza..

The Good News is zero tolerance now for tobacco smoking in bars... :cheers:
The Bad News is zero tolerance for tobacco smoking in bars, at least for the nicotine addicts..

I don't know if the raid actually happened or not but if not, there is always tomorrow.. :cat:

March 8th, 2008, 07:23
.....The letter stressed that all bar employees must be 18 years or older, all customers must be 20 years old or older,....

Sorry Cat, THIS is the good news, not the smoking ban. Its about time the Thais put a stop to the bull@#it going on in Sunee and shut down the kindergarden.

March 8th, 2008, 07:34
I was in Boystown the other night and witnessed another bizarre raid/clampdown.

For as long as I can remember, BBB have had a couple of barricades outside to mark of the parking spot for the "official" car. All of a sudden, a police pick up appears and loads the barricades onto the back. A fairly senior officer then goes to Oscars and gives the mamasan hell about having tables and chairs on the street.
Meanwhile, the doormen at Throb/Splash have got the message and are hastily draaging their poles/advertising off the street.

Then the bib drove off down the soi, didn't see any more.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 8th, 2008, 08:14
"a new headman was now in charge and there would be zero tolerance "

gosh..fancy that. Who would've imagined that ever happening ?

March 8th, 2008, 11:23

For as long as I can remember, BBB have had a couple of barricades outside to mark of the parking spot for the "official" car. All of a sudden, a police pick up appears and loads the barricades onto the back. A fairly senior officer then goes to Oscars and gives the mamasan hell about having tables and chairs on the street.
Meanwhile, the doormen at Throb/Splash have got the message and are hastily draaging their poles/advertising off the street.

Then the bib drove off down the soi, didn't see any more.
I wonder what jurisdiciton the police have over that soi. In the context of defending shutting the soi for various Boystown charity events, it was explained on the forums that that soi is a private soi, not a municipal-owned or -maintained one. Was that not true, or has the ownership of the soi gone to the city? Or, can't you put barricades or tables in your own private soi?

March 8th, 2008, 12:25
Well lets hope that if there is a raid in Sunee that they go for the Crazy Dragon which last night stank of cigarette smoke, had ash trays on every table and allowed punters and boys to smoke freely.
Probably one of the very few bars to flagrantly disregard this law which makes one wonder how many others it disregards.
What a dump!
G

March 8th, 2008, 13:20
DELETED

dave_tf-old
March 8th, 2008, 13:22
Well lets hope that if there is a raid in Sunee that they go for the Crazy Dragon which last night stank of cigarette smoke, had ash trays on every table and allowed punters and boys to smoke freely.
Probably one of the very few bars to flagrantly disregard this law which makes one wonder how many others it disregards.
What a dump!
G

What? Did you forget the number already??

thrillbill
March 8th, 2008, 14:22
Last night after 1am my friends and I went to Xray Mens Club in North Pattaya and the doorman/boy wouldn't let us in...the music had been turned down and they were playing slow tunes. We were told that the police were there doing a check up. After waiting 15 minutes outside, we were told to go; for, the place was closing early. I didn't go inside but I didn't see any police cars outside...maybe they were in the back of the building.

March 8th, 2008, 16:27

For as long as I can remember, BBB have had a couple of barricades outside to mark of the parking spot for the "official" car. All of a sudden, a police pick up appears and loads the barricades onto the back.

That used to be a frequent occurrence during the daytime with the bib suddenly arriving and removing any advertising signs/billboards and parking barriers placed in the roadway by Ambiance, Body Club, Cafe Royale etc. The signs were carted off to the local cop shop and someone had to go with the police or follow on to pay the 'fine' and recover the signs/billboards etc. Assumed this happened on the days when the cop shop tea-caddy needed replenishing !

March 8th, 2008, 17:45
This anti-smoking law has been worded in so many different ways, I'm very unclear as to what exactly the restrictions are. In the head post, it's mentioned that smoking is banned in all *air conditioned* bars... so what if it's an open-air bar? And by "open-air" that I mean a non-air-conditioned shophouse bar with all front shutters raised like the Corner Bar and Duc's in Sunee. And if there's an air-conditioner present in the bar, but remains unused - does that still constitute an "air-conditioned" bar? Ridiculous questions, yes - but these rules seem so arbitrary, clarification is needed :)

I know I'll get lynched for this... but I hate this new law. Restaurants, I can understand (and agree with), but bars -- it really should be up to the owner of the establishment whether or not to permit smoking. Drinking and smoking just "go" together - just like movies and popcorn!

Lynch away... the petrol can is in the shed.

March 8th, 2008, 19:18
but bars -- it really should be up to the owner of the establishment whether or not to permit smoking. Drinking and smoking just "go" together - just like movies and popcorn!

At last, someone with some common sense. Leave it up to venue owners to decide what style of bar they want:
(1) A happy bar with laughing, drinking and smoking customers or
(2) A miserable half-empty dump with the gestapo checking for smoke.

FACT: Smoking is a natural and sociable passtime persued by the fashionable and stylish. Only the ugly and solitary don't smoke.

March 8th, 2008, 20:00
FACT: Smoking is a natural and sociable passtime persued by the fashionable and stylish. Only the ugly and solitary don't smoke.
Another wacko moron joins the board! :scratch:

And where on earth did you get that ridiculous pearl of wisdom from? It most certainly is NOT FACT much a you would like or think it to be. :sad1:

catawampuscat
March 8th, 2008, 23:31
Don't cough up a hairball snowkat :cat: , immitation is the sincerest form of flattery or so they say.

Who said some newbies are just trolls and pathetic banned former posters who try anything to come back?

It must have one of the royalty on this forum in the inner circle..maybe the old princess peealot or was it
empress eatlikeahogg.. It is silly season and the start of troll hunting season as well.. bang bang !!

globalwanderer
March 8th, 2008, 23:59
but bars -- it really should be up to the owner of the establishment whether or not to permit smoking. Drinking and smoking just "go" together - just like movies and popcorn!

At last, someone with some common sense. Leave it up to venue owners to decide what style of bar they want:
(1) A happy bar with laughing, drinking and smoking customers or
(2) A miserable half-empty dump with the gestapo checking for smoke.

no common sense whatsoever. And no understanding of what a fact is! Smoking is anti-social... and why should the staff be forced to inhale your fumes... at least as customers we have the choice to avoid smoking bars if we wish.

Jetsam
March 9th, 2008, 01:19
And no understanding of what a fact is! Smoking is anti-social... and why should the staff be forced to inhale your fumes... at least as customers we have the choice to avoid smoking bars if we wish.

Since it's a fact that 90 procent of staff is smoking themselve, why does the anti smoke taliban not go elsewhere, find a dull and boring places where u can hang out with ur comrades and nip a carrot shake.

March 9th, 2008, 01:21
Since it's a fact that 90 procent of staff is smoking themselve ...I'm waiting to see that as a variant of the Big Cock Show: "Now Mr A, number 69, he smoke himself"

globalwanderer
March 9th, 2008, 01:24
And no understanding of what a fact is! Smoking is anti-social... and why should the staff be forced to inhale your fumes... at least as customers we have the choice to avoid smoking bars if we wish.

Since it's a fact that 90 procent of staff is smoking themselve, why does the anti smoke taliban not go elsewhere, find a dull and boring places where u can hang out with ur comrades and nip a carrot shake.

where do you get the statistic of 90%... and if true what about the 10% who don't smoke and don't want cancer

why don't you go and smoke where you can't harm anyone else

March 9th, 2008, 04:28

Very well said Khun Jetsam (although the office of national statistics puts the figure at 88.7% ... so you were nearly right)

The boys smoke because they know it will make them more desireable to the customers.
You non-smokers really are so inconsiderate; only thinking of your own silly, selfish requirements.
What about the boys - they have to earn a living and smoking helps them to do so.

March 9th, 2008, 06:51
Told to me by a friend from Bangkok.

The bars with the outdoor terrace areas are becoming very popular with smokers - and understandably so.

However, in Patpong night market there are a lot of (girlie) bars whose shop front is directly on the edge of the market, no room for any outdoor terrace, and any attempt to slip out for a quick ciggie brings you back with a couple of cheap wallets.

These bars have seen their takings drop substantially, so much so that the bib are loosing income too. The solution from the bib? Just pay us more and allow smoking inside!

TIT