PDA

View Full Version : Tailor - Bangkok

March 5th, 2008, 05:40
Anyone recommend a good tailor in BKK? Will be staying in Silom area and dont want to travel too far as time is limited
Costs?

Tks

March 5th, 2008, 19:06
There's a tailor in Mandarin Hotel on Rama4. But I wonder if the hotel has reopened since the fire. Other than that, a number of tailors on soi11, sukhumvit are reliable.
My friend was charged around baht4500 for a pair of suit and 2shirts.

March 6th, 2008, 03:18
Suits fit enough for a queen?

I use Marty's on 178/1 Sukhumvit Rd Soi 8. Unlike most Indian tailors, he's not pushy, great selection of fabrics and a good bargain. Nothing like the feel of a well tailored Egyptian cotton shirt to get you in the mood for work.

March 8th, 2008, 04:53
My recommendation:
Smile Tailor,
Silom Road, about Soi 18, near Narai Hotel - good quality, fair prices, quick delivery

bing
March 10th, 2008, 08:52
I have used a few in Bangkok, but am happier with those in Pattaya, especially Classic Tailors. They make the neat white and pink pants for the waiters a the Cafe Royal. I still wonder, when is sit in vacant an pensive moods, why those guys don't get a jock rash from those tight fitting shorts they wear. I sometimes think I do not go there to hear the music and singer, but to see the waiters. Well anyway, as I was saying, the last shirts I got from Classic Tailors were great, form fitting for a portly gentleman of advanced years. I have been getting the Thai silk variety of shirts for many years and really like the way these shirts shimmer in the light. I also note that the Thai silk shirts are a bit warm, so next time I will blaze a new trail and go for the cotton. The only problem is that I am not wearing all my silk shirts now, and to add cotton to the list because I think they will be cooler, is this a good thing. If I really like the well fitted cotton shirt, it may force me to give my silk ones to the Salvation Army. Not that this is a bad thing. This just proves my point, every one has problems. I must thank Buddha, that this is the caliber of problem I face today. Ah, to the point, if you don't need the clothing right away, perhaps you could wait till you visit Pattaya next time.

March 14th, 2008, 01:46
Art's, on Soi Taniya (between Silom and Surawong) was unreservedly recommended to me by a longtime Bangkok resident and friend.

But a suit and a couple of shirts will set you back about $1,000. Um, he's really good.

Khor tose
March 14th, 2008, 05:42
Well, if you want to go to the tailor that the whole Bush Administration goes to---All of their pictures are on the wall with the tailors---go to Rajawongse Clothiers and see either Victor or Jesse. Their support of the morons and ex-daddy, in no way diminishes their excellent quality and fair price. All suits were $250 four years ago.
web site: http://www.dress-for-success.com/