PDA

View Full Version : Nok Air - booking problems

March 5th, 2008, 05:32
Having some problems booking Nok Air. Their website is really slow I find and my travel companion from US has managed to book (finally) but has not received either instant or email confirmation - any suggestions?

TrongpaiExpat
March 5th, 2008, 12:39
The problem is this week they have a web promotion. If you book between midnight and 4am Thai time, you can get 80% off the base price excludes all the extras and 750 fuel surcharge.

So, this Monday I tried and tried to get that discount and mostly got error pages, no loads or just nothing. It was slow early in the day, but by midnight, forget it. I gave up but the BF wanted that 80% discount bad and kept trying. Finally, after a few hours it accepted a booking but I did not notice any 80% discounts. It was just about the same price for Air Asia to Chiang Mai and actually a little higher that what it was when I checked mid day, before the web sale.

It's also been my experience when you call you don't get the same price as on the web even if the web is giving you problems. Sometimes there's no one in the call center that speaks English and if your calling from over seas be prepared for long waits on hold. They have all sorts of new ways to pay, but the web is often a much better buy. Counter walk up's are sometimes same as web prices, sometimes not.

They were having credit card problems with international cards, but this time it worked. The web page sends you an instant e-mail when it takes, if you did not get one it did not take.

NoK Air: a joy to fly but a pain in the ass to book. Makes me long for the days when Thai Air was the only domestic game in town and you bought a ticket like you buying a bus ticket, same price all the time, no gimmicks.

March 5th, 2008, 20:11
The only reason I would use Nok Air is if they went some where Air Asia dose not, I tried both and for price and comfort Air Asia beats Nok air all the time. hold up on both at times though

My problem is finding a cheap one way flight to UK the cheapest I have been quoted for March is 29,000 baht, I can get a return for tless then that?

Any ideas any one.

March 6th, 2008, 00:38
Buy the cheaper return and don't show up for the return leg.