PDA

View Full Version : Visiting a gogo boy's quarters - a personal experience

bao-bao
March 4th, 2008, 02:25
This is a bit long, but I know there are others besides myself who enjoy reading experiences other members have that are a bit out of the ordinary, so here's my tale of a visit to an acquaintances "loom". Names and some details have been changed to avoid causing them problems. And no, it didn't end up being a "sandwich" after the story ends.

----------------------------------------------------------

YOU SHOW ME YOURS, I'LL SHOW YOU MINE

Story here: http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/2010/03/oh-my-friend-said-surprised.html

March 4th, 2008, 04:50
Nice story bao-bao.

The room looked much nicer than one I saw above a bar I will not name on Pattayaland Soi 1. That room looked like a prison camp barracks with way to many boys stuffed into one place. I am told it was for the new boys in town. If they make it they tend to move up in room quality as their fan base increases their monthly income.

I have been in many of the boys rooms over the years and they are as varied as the boys.

March 4th, 2008, 05:05
What a good story thanks for taking the time to post it here
So what happened to the 2 guys do you still see them
Are they still working at the club

March 4th, 2008, 05:59
Thanks so much, bao-bao, for taking the time to post your adventure. And so well-written, too. These are the kinds of posts that make this an interesting and informative forum. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

March 4th, 2008, 06:13
What a brilliant detailed post, this is what this forum is about.

THANK YOU!!

francois
March 4th, 2008, 07:00
My experience visiting a go-go boys room was quite the opposite of bao-bao. The room was a disaster area. A number of boys were sleeping as it was the middle of the day. Could not wait to get out of it.
Francois

bao-bao
March 4th, 2008, 07:17
My experience visiting a go-go boys room was quite the opposite of bao-bao. The room was a disaster area. A number of boys were sleeping as it was the middle of the day. Could not wait to get out of it.
Francois

Francois has raised a very good point, and it was a question I neglected to ask I'm embarrassed to say... I don't know if the room I saw was typical, above or below average. I'm willing to bet with the shift in guys between clubs that at least Pui could have given me an idea of how others are that he's seen. I wish I'd have asked that! If he is to be believed, Pom was a relative newcomer to the trade and probably wasn't as well versed.

Skeet, this happened about the 20th of February, so I'm fairly sure the guys are still at the same place, and yes - I intend to drop through and see them when I'm back, just to say hello - assuming they haven't moved on. Pom was primarily there to earn enough to put a roof on the new family home being constructed back "home", although I've read the income can become addictive.

Nirvana
March 4th, 2008, 07:19
excellent post .. I've visited a few"boys rooms" which always seem to be on the top floor ,
most (all ) of them pretty sparse .. gave me a chance to upgrade the contents
somewhat ,,much to their delight ,, even changed broken locks as none of them were
mechanically minded as the landlord would charge too much .

ceejay
March 4th, 2008, 07:58
Thanks Bao Bao for an excellent post.

You live and learn - and one of the things I have learnt from this is how naive I am :cheese: .

The only time I have been in a boys room was in my first visit to Thailand in 2004. He was a very pleasant young man I met in the Panorama, and I stayed with him for the holiday (that's still my way - a different boy every night is not for me). He showed me around, and we had a great time.

Anyway, he had this little studio apartment in Naklua - about 10 foot square with a bed, a wardrobe and a television and a small kitchenette with a shower in an alcove off that. Judging by the shoes in the hallway, it was not just working boys living in that block - there were families there, too.

So why am I naive? He told me he was new to bar work, wasn't very successful at it, was rarely "offed" and had no other farang boyfriends - and I believed all of it :toothy5:

bing
March 4th, 2008, 09:05
I enjoyed your posting Bao Bao, I have only seen one of by friend's room. He has only one guy sharing his room. So I guess he is a step up the ladder of rooms. Not much to see but was all clean and neat. How do they keep their clothes so clean? Heck, I sweat up all my clothes in no time, and am constantly washing it seems. The Thai guys take great pride in looking good and being able to be sniffed kissed anytime. As the King would say, "It is a puzzlement."

catawampuscat
March 4th, 2008, 09:20
baobao.. another great job of photography and now you have entered my hall of fame of best posters..kudos
btw, you should see my hall of shame of the worst posters.. Too bad it is much longer than the hall of fame :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
March 4th, 2008, 11:10
Bao-Bao just summed up what a travel experience can be if you open your eyes and heart and are willing to be a little adventurous. You sure absorbed a lot in a short visit. Others would have noticed very little. Well done Bao-Bao.

Your description of " neat and tidy" in my experiences of visiting boys rooms seems to hold true no matter how basic the room. A few months ago the BF and I were in Krabi and he wanted to pay a visit to some family that was working at a construction site for a Big C. They lived on the site.

We drove up to the guard hut and were given visitor passes and directed to drive along the building. Workers and heavy equipment passed and crossed us in all directions. Way in the back, out of sight from the road, they had built a little make-shift city out of 2x4's, ply wood and sheet metal. There were about 50 individual rooms, a common wash area, and a row of toilets.

The single workers stayed in small stalls, just big enough for a twin bed. Families got bigger rooms. Not all the rooms were equal. The BF cousin was a skilled worker, AC installer , so he and his wife got a larger room.

Electric wires were stung up, most had TVs and fans running. The one thing that struck me was it was "neat and tidy".

I though maybe this temporary city was free for the workers but no, the construction company charged workers for the room and the money was collected every day, no pay and your gone. They paid 20B per day for this room.

krobbie
March 4th, 2008, 14:53
bao-bao ... what a great read. It put me in mind of first bf room in Phuket ... also clean and tidy.

March 4th, 2008, 15:25
Bao-Bao,
I forgot to ask, is there going to be a part 2, (when you got to your room with the lads and the DVD).
You really do tell a good story, and your grammar is excellent ..unlike mine!

bao-bao
March 5th, 2008, 05:42
Bao-Bao,
I forgot to ask, is there going to be a part 2, (when you got to your room with the lads and the DVD).
You really do tell a good story, and your grammar is excellent ..unlike mine!

I hadn't planned on a part 2. I'm no saint but I'm not much for casual sex so it wasn't a three-way or anything that titillating. In fact, since everything of any value in my room was secure I went down and caught up on some writing in the lobby for an agreed length of time and left the two of them to - ahem - take care of their own basic needs while they watched the VCDs. From what I gathered from the sheepish pair afterwards they took turns "flying their kites" with the other waiting in the shower / hong nam in the name of privacy.

Probably would have made a decent movie of it's own.

Hope that suffices as a follow up!

March 5th, 2008, 07:26
Thank you for that! I think it finishes the story off great.
Looking forward to your next post.

pp

Beachlover
August 25th, 2008, 18:57
Wow... I missed this post before.

This is great Bao Bao. Thanks.

I visited one boy's "loom" before in Phuket... it was actually his friend's room. His friend was obviously doing well as he had his own small room with a comfortable bed, TV, altar and little kitchen. The boy I was with was still sleeping upstairs above the bar.

markie1
August 25th, 2008, 20:29
Francois

Francois has raised a very good point, and it was a question I neglected to ask I'm embarrassed to say... I don't know if the room I saw was typical, above or below average. I'm willing to bet with the shift in guys between clubs that at least Pui could have given me an idea of how others are that he's seen. I wish I'd have asked that! If he is to be believed, Pom was a relative newcomer to the trade and probably wasn't as well versed.

Skeet, this happened about the 20th of February, so I'm fairly sure the guys are still at the same place, and yes - I intend to drop through and see them when I'm back, just to say hello - assuming they haven't moved on. Pom was primarily there to earn enough to put a roof on the new family home being constructed back "home", although I've read the income can become addictive. iT certainly looked above average to the couple of rooms i have been in over the last couple years . Very interesting read ,nd loved the photo's to go with it
thanks

Wesley
August 25th, 2008, 21:54
My visit was about an hour and at leat 30 miniutes too long, Amazing how may they can get in one room and as well how many relatives they can fit in as payign parteners to the expenses as well. It was clean and they shared one bed. Since one worked day and the other nights. the bed of corse was made for one, a full grown sister bigger than he was was was a sure sign they were not lovers but actually were brothers and sisters. I went with him a couple of times and went with a couple of different guys. It did not bother me as much as I could tell it was botering the other renters in the room. I had invaded thier space and I am not sure they were ready for the visit. but definitly assured me they were not spending the money on rent.

Wes

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 25th, 2008, 22:28
well it certainly looks better than my old boarding school dormitory except the beds weren't on the floor.

and I doubt they have a priest wandering around to administer a good slap if you weren't behaving. Do they have a prefect who came later to adminster kindness and to tuck you into bed ?..and then get in with you ?

bao-bao
August 25th, 2008, 23:39

You're welcome, Beachlover. You'd only been a member for about two months when I posted this - back at the beginning of March.

If you haven't done so already I encourage you to browse the member photo albums - some are pretty sparse but some have quite a wealth of interesting images in them. Clicking on the blue "User Photo Index" link at the top of the page will take you to the photo albums page where you'll see a couple dozen albums, sorted by creation date.

The link to mine is: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... er_id=1556 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=1556)

TOQ has quite a lovely assortment of rural life shots as well as some of Songkran, inside and outside the city.

Smiles posted an eclectic mix of pictures from his travels in LOS (as well as of his handsome partner Suphot) :colors:

BenCH's album is full of Thai Pride festival pictures

AMARETTO posted a lot from Phnom Penh and some beautiful pictures of lush green Bali

...and if you like nice looking African-Americans, 19 of bucknaway's 22 images are of him in his undies (or less) :cheers:

When I joined up I wandered (ok, slummed) through a hundred pages or so of older posts over a couple of weeks; if you want my recommendation, though I'd say try the "search" feature instead!!

joe552
August 26th, 2008, 00:18
Just want to add my voice to the congratulatons - a well written and informative post. These boys really do inhabit a different world. Thanks for taking the time.

Beachlover
August 26th, 2008, 02:44
well it certainly looks better than my old boarding school dormitory except the beds weren't on the floor.

and I doubt they have a priest wandering around to administer a good slap if you weren't behaving. Do they have a prefect who came later to adminster kindness and to tuck you into bed ?..and then get in with you ?

When a prefect administers kindness... there's always a catch

August 26th, 2008, 04:44
Never happened at my boarding school - damn. But I'd probably have been shocked and screamed the place down. Youth is wasted on the young.

Beachlover
August 26th, 2008, 06:40

You're welcome, Beachlover. You'd only been a member for about two months when I posted this - back at the beginning of March.

If you haven't done so already I encourage you to browse the member photo albums - some are pretty sparse but some have quite a wealth of interesting images in them. Clicking on the blue "User Photo Index" link at the top of the page will take you to the photo albums page where you'll see a couple dozen albums, sorted by creation date.

The link to mine is: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... er_id=1556 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=1556)

TOQ has quite a lovely assortment of rural life shots as well as some of Songkran, inside and outside the city.

Smiles posted an eclectic mix of pictures from his travels in LOS (as well as of his handsome partner Suphot) :colors:

BenCH's album is full of Thai Pride festival pictures

AMARETTO posted a lot from Phnom Penh and some beautiful pictures of lush green Bali

...and if you like nice looking African-Americans, 19 of bucknaway's 22 images are of him in his undies (or less) :cheers:

When I joined up I wandered (ok, slummed) through a hundred pages or so of older posts over a couple of weeks; if you want my recommendation, though I'd say try the "search" feature instead!!

Thanks Bao Bao!

Yeh, I've already browsed through the first bit of your album. You are a great photographer. You take some great people shots as well! I like the boy on train and the 2 puppies photos best... would love to know how you took the puppies one. That boy is totally cute! I'm sure he's not THAT high maintenance ;-)

Thanks for pointing out other good albums. Will check them out.

Yeh, I've been browsing through the forum a bit. Sometimes I look for posts made by interesting people like Dodger... should look at yours too.. always have cool stories.

August 26th, 2008, 19:18
Nice post but not the full picture. I had a well educated Thai friend ( fluent english) who started off as bar boy until a kindly farang took him off to USA & around the world before they broke up. We often visited his friends rooms and he took me along.

The reason the lady was present is simple - she has 2 functions normally - a) to collect the rent ( or try to). If they have no cash boys frequently room hop just before rent day.

b) a sort of security for the boys who often steal/borrow things from other - if she doesnt see the deed done she at least can tell who was in the room alone and when.

I often remarked to my friend how clean Thai boys were and their rooms also. He used to just smile but one day said to me- "look, they really have no choice, they hate housework same as most people but if they dont wipe and sweep often any food remnants/shed skin etc attracts huge numbers of flies/ants/other bugs"

I thought about it for a while and realised that every time i stayed in the villages the gay boys would do very little or any cleaning at all and girls did the cleaning and cooking, boy mostly slept or ate. Straight guys would work in the field and fish. this changes when there is 1 thai/1 farang in a room and they will then clean for you without being asked.

The many people in one room thing is very common among Thai households unless they are well off or have small families.

bao-bao
August 27th, 2008, 00:37
Nice post but not the full picture. I had a well educated Thai friend ( fluent english) who started off as bar boy until a kindly farang took him off to USA & around the world before they broke up. We often visited his friends rooms and he took me along.

The reason the lady was present is simple - she has 2 functions normally - a) to collect the rent ( or try to). If they have no cash boys frequently room hop just before rent day.

b) a sort of security for the boys who often steal/borrow things from other - if she doesnt see the deed done she at least can tell who was in the room alone and when.

I often remarked to my friend how clean Thai boys were and their rooms also. He used to just smile but one day said to me- "look, they really have no choice, they hate housework same as most people but if they dont wipe and sweep often any food remnants/shed skin etc attracts huge numbers of flies/ants/other bugs"

I thought about it for a while and realised that every time i stayed in the villages the gay boys would do very little or any cleaning at all and girls did the cleaning and cooking, boy mostly slept or ate. Straight guys would work in the field and fish. this changes when there is 1 thai/1 farang in a room and they will then clean for you without being asked.

The many people in one room thing is very common among Thai households unless they are well off or have small families.

Thanks for adding that, Oogleman! I agree that the woman was a "gatekeeper" in several respects - I didn't make that entirely clear in my story, sorry. I think you're also correct that if people don't keep their homes relatively clean they're inviting insects and the likes... probably all the more so in warm humid climates.

People are people almost anywhere you go, I'd say. Some are tidier than others. The boy's room above the club was clean and tidy, but the rest of the club from inside the ground floor back door TO that room was pretty cluttered and messy, save the "path" to the short time room, which was also clean.

A friend and I made an unannounced visit to one of his relative's rural home one time; it was basic but clean. There was a somewhat separated area for sleeping but no walls so the the floor was more or less one large room that was shared by all.

"Not much privacy here, is there?" I asked, pointing out the obvious. He laughed and said "That why many Thai people quiet when they make love!"

In this picture you can see a little light through the floorboards of the living area from the ground below.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2630.jpg

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2629.jpg

August 27th, 2008, 22:42
one was of a farang who could easily be a member of this very forum. I pointed to the photo and asked Pui тАЬis this a gay boyтАЩs bed?тАЭ тАЬNo, but the farang good to him and he like him too much,тАЭ he replied, matter-of-factly. I decided to press a bit and asked him тАЬYou mean he likes the farang or the money?тАЭ тАЬSure money!тАЭ Pui laughed that bright laugh of his, his face lighting up тАЬbut he really like farang, also.тАЭ тАЬBut heтАЩs not gay?тАЭ I asked. тАЬNo, but he really like him too much, same same falang, it good.тАЭ

At first I was wondering whether the Thai boy saying "He's not gay" was really saying "He's not a bottom." But I suspect this is not the case...one of my very favorite guys likes girls, and, when questioned, said, "Yes, I like girls. But right now I like YOU more than them!" And he sure acts like it!

Questions about "True Love," and "Loving The Inner Person" -- I leave to my betters.

August 29th, 2008, 23:20
Never happened at my boarding school - damn. But I'd probably have been shocked and screamed the place down. Youth is wasted on the young.

You might consider looking up the autobiography of John Addington Symonds, who did exactly that.

He spent many hours of his later life, I imagine, either denying his behavior, or trying to find some excuse for it.

August 30th, 2008, 05:50
in the villages ... girls did the cleaning and cooking ...As it should be. If they're not breeding up the next generation of boys for us to debauch, what use are they?

August 30th, 2008, 16:49
I visited my late friend Neung's room several times during the period that he was still a Go Go boy which would have been some years ago now as he had left Pattaya in the last few years that I knew him.

He had a room in a large apartment block some way outside Pattaya. I'm not sure where it was really, as we always got there by motorcycle taxi and I lost track of the route. I was never very keen on the motorcycle ride with three of us on one bike and no helmets. During the time that I knew Neung he had two bad motorcycle accidents. One of them left him with a nasty scar on his leg. Each time he had been on the back of a motorcycle taxi. One accident left him unconscious and he recovered to discover he'd also been robbed.

He had a single room with a shower area and a balcony. It wasn't bad and he had it to himself. Burglary was a problem though as the door had no lock and he fitted a padlock but it could be easily forced. On one occasion as we left, very early in the morning, he hammered the hasp back on the door with his shoe. Anywhere else in the world there would have been an outcry at the noise and being woken up but most Thais seem to sleep through anything.

He had little furniture and we would sit on the floor. Pride of place was given to his collection of After-shave bottles which sat on a shelf with the television. He liked any that were unusual and I would always take him some that I thought he didn't have. If I got it right he would grin and say "I no have". He didn't seem very bothered about the actual scent inside which would soon get used up.

He had a wardrobe which was stacked with t-shirts which he would lend or give to friends who would call at all hours of the day or night. I would often catch his eye as he spotted a friend in a t-shirt that I'd seen him wearing only a few days before. Sometimes it was one I'd bought him which would produce that grin again.

I regret now that in all the 200 or so photos that I have of Neung that I didn't take any at his room or when we visited friends of his.