PDA

View Full Version : help

March 3rd, 2008, 09:49
Place to stay in Sunee.[/list][/list][/code]

March 3rd, 2008, 11:34
A friend and I have been visiting Pattaya twice yearly for the past nine years always staying at the Cafe Royale which has no lift. He has now developed a medical problem, emphysema and his doctor requires he use oxygen for six hours daily. He does have two very small portable oxygen tanks each about the size of two water bottles one on top of the other and good for about 10 hours each that he can bring with him. Can these be refilled in Pattaya and are the NPT ports for filling universal? Can similar units be rented in Pattaya? Can anyone recommend where he might find on-line information if this service is available in Pattaya.

Lucky you.......
there is a rather big store on Sukhumvit (West-Side) between South-Pattaya Road and Central Pattaya Road, where they sell oxygen-sets and other medical equipment. As far as I know they do refills and they have a pharmacy.
It's a stand-alone one-floor building, so it's not situated in a shophouse.

March 3rd, 2008, 13:23
Have you thought of getting an oxygen concentrator? You are most probably familiar with these machines since your friend needs 6 hours 02 daily. The in-home machines tend to be a bit clunky and noisy and are hardly portable, but the new generation units are fantastic. Very compact, can be carried in a shoulder bag, and virtually silent. Power a/c or d/c + battery.
02 bottles are a real hassle - I would suggest having one as a back-up but the concentrator is the way to go.
Also, many airlines allow these units as carry aboard luggage so no hassles there. Here is an Australian website (I do not know your location) which will give you an idea.

http://www.cpapcentral.com.au/Inogen%20One.html

These units are not cheap, but a lot of medical equipment can be hired for short term periods so check out your area and see what comes up

Good luck in your travels

PS: when r u guys going to be in Thailand?

March 3rd, 2008, 22:06
there is a rather big store on Sukhumvit (West-Side) between South-Pattaya Road and Central Pattaya Road.

It is called "D Pharmacy"; as you go from South to Central along Sukhumvit it is after the main 7-11, just before the turning to Central Park; if they cannot help they will probably be able to advise.

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya also supply oxygen, but as far as I know only on an exchange bottle basis.

I will check with a friend with a similar problem and post more details if I have them.

March 16th, 2008, 11:44
I have been to "D" Pharmacy since and the staff appear to have changed and they have a far more limited range of supplies; I would now recommend Fascino on North Pattaya Road instead - cheaper (with a discount card), more efficient, wth a very good stock and trained pharmacists.