PDA

View Full Version : Sea food

thrillbill
March 1st, 2008, 16:56
My Thai BF loves sea food. If I take him to a "Western restaurant" he does NOT like the fish...he likes it spicey. So which local restaurnants can I take him to in Pattaya to enjoy his kind of sea food. (I am from Chicago, so I like beef). (yes, I like his "beef" :compress:

Diec
March 1st, 2008, 17:14
Sweetie, where did your BF eat seafood before he met you? If he dosen't live in Pattaya I'm sure he could just ask some guy on the street where there is good seafood. When your BF asks some guy on the street where good seafood is please let us know.

March 1st, 2008, 17:20
My Thai BF loves sea food. If I take him to a "Western restaurant" he does NOT like the fish...he likes it spicey. So which local restaurnants can I take him to in Pattaya to enjoy his kind of sea food. (I am from Chicago, so I like beef). (yes, I like his "beef" :compress:

Try Pattaya Sea Food on Thapprasit Road in Jomtien - about 200 meters up on the opposite site of Magg's. Great Sea Food, Great Value for the money - and NOT a tourist trap!

Enjoy :bounce:

thrillbill
March 1st, 2008, 17:40
thanks mai

March 1st, 2008, 21:57
The BF and I always love our visits to King Seafood on Walking Street. Not the cheapests, but a very nice terrace on the water with a great view of Pattaya Bay. Very romantic in the evening. The BF loves the shells (for power in bed) and the chili crusted fish. I like same same.
A view from the terrace:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Joe_M01/PattayaBaySunset.jpg

It is one of those places where you pick the seafood yourself. I often let BF do this and negotiate the price.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Joe_M01/KingSeaFood5.jpg

From a recent Pattaya News article:

King Seafood celebrates its 10th Anniversary.

2007 marks the 10th Anniversary of one of Walking StreetтАЩs most popular Seafood Restaurants. King Seafood Restaurant under the watchful eye of owner, Khun Premrudee has been serving up freshly cooked quality seafood since 1997. The reputation of the restaurant is such that high profile politicians and socialites will often be seen dining at King Seafood.

Over the weekend we were invited to a small celebration inside the restaurant hosted by Khun Premrudee. In attendance were close friends and representatives from the many charities King Seafood have associated themselves with over the years including Rotary and the YWCA. Also in attendance were chefs from around Pattaya who were invited to join in the celebration and to meet Mr. Wynand Vogel, a Senior Expert from PUM which is a Dutch Government Sponsored Initiative to send experts around Asia to increase knowledge and skills in the workplace. Mr. Vogel is one of HollandтАЩs top culinary experts and is currently working with the staff at King Seafood. He was also on-hand to speak with other invited chefs from venues around Pattaya.

HawaiiBoy
March 2nd, 2008, 04:44
There is a restaurant (has Thai name, so I can't help with that) where the fishing boats tie up and unload. It is TOTALLY at the end of Jomtien Beach road, and I mean totally at the end. When you reach what looks like the end there is a restaurant (owned by the same Thai family) that is always crowded..and the food is pretty good. But keep going, behind the new construction to the next main road, take a right and go down to the ocean. On your left is an open-air seafood restaurant where the food is fabulous and the prices are very reasonable. It is worth taking the trip, believe me!

One evening there the local mahouts brought by their baby elephant. Always something interesting.

March 2nd, 2008, 05:28
Mr. Vogel is one of HollandтАЩs top culinary experts
From the country that manufactures Edam cheese ... it's hard to believe that there are any culinary experts there :tongue2:

The boys I go out with love the street side Pak Boon Loy Fa on second road between Pattayaland Sois 1 and 2. The seafood is excellent and many of the other dishes are great too. If you and your friend just want a quick snack after doing the bars there is no better place.
But if you want somewhere with a bit more style then I would agree that King Seafood is a great place (or plaice?) but I can't remember if they have non-seafood menu items (Beef) to satisfy you both.

bao-bao
March 2nd, 2008, 07:04
Pak Boon Loy Fa was also the hands-down choice of a couple of friends I took out for a late night snack. It certainly wasnтАЩt busy any of the wee small hours we were there and is definitely casual, but the food was very good.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2412.jpg

However, if you want something more special thatтАЩs тАЬon the waterтАЭ, a nice spot is Sea Zone, next door to the Lobster Pot on Walking street. ItтАЩs more touristy (and pricey) than Pak Boon Loy Fa but did have some nice views.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2411.jpg

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2406.jpg

thrillbill
March 2nd, 2008, 07:55
Those are great photos, thanks! A couple of the evening shots along the bay could be used in their promotion brochure.