PDA

View Full Version : Duplicates

lonelywombat
February 29th, 2008, 16:17
duplicated

Smiles
February 29th, 2008, 17:45
Oh god ... see thread on the double-posting Wombat .... http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... tml#135298 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/what-is-the-poverty-line-for-gay-farang-living-in-pattaya-t14108-15.html#135298)

Cheers ....

February 29th, 2008, 22:49
Oh god ... see thread on the double-posting Wombat .... I think he's working on one of two principles
1 If it's worth saying, it's worth saying twice
2 Written twice, once for each face

I do find his writing style quite amazing

Why do all his posts look like this?

Single line followed by blank line

even when the second line is the continuation

of the same sentence

lonelywombat
March 1st, 2008, 09:07
Oh god ... see thread on the double-posting Wombat .... I think he's working on one of two principles

of the same sentence

It was company policy before we all got laptops, for memos, drafts and emails to be double spaced.

Even though I have been retired many years the habit sticks. Sorry if it impacts your concentration span.

I find it much easier to read than the 16 line sentences that one former poster used to use.

TrongpaiExpat
March 1st, 2008, 12:10

of the same sentence

He's got one of those Remington manual typewriter interface devises. He's hitting the return carriage at the end a few words the lever is set on 2 spaces and sometimes the keys get stuck in the striker guide.

Reason for 2 copies, he's using carbon paper.

March 2nd, 2008, 08:03
It was company policy before we all got laptops, for memos, drafts and emails to be double spaced.... Sorry if it impacts your concentration span.It merely increases my blood pressure as I think:
(1) who is this idiot who doesn't know how to use a computer?
(2) why is this old fool filling up a post with double spacing so we get fewer posts per page?

jinks
March 2nd, 2008, 14:47
with double spacing so we get fewer posts per page?

While we are on this subject... why quote and re-quote the WHOLE thread ?

If you quote just the bit you are answering saves space too..... sorry double spaced hehehe

Wesley
March 6th, 2008, 05:07
Just who is the old fart that would dare to single space that is no longer with us?

Wes