PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien beach massages: a recommendation

bao-bao
February 28th, 2008, 23:41
I made my first visits to Dongtan Beach in Jomtien this trip and had a couple of what I thought were very good beach massages. I wasn't sure quite what to expect in terms of quality but the price (Bt300 for an hour) sounded good enough to give it a try when Tik came by so I took him up on the offer.

Being flat on the sand on a clean blanket was kind of nice once I got the lumps of sand beneath me smoothed out a little, and although the little insects were a bother I found if I just closed my eyes and went with the flow they weren't all that much of a distraction.

Tik wasn't the cutest banana in the bunch, so to speak, but with nine years of experience he did a great job. He works the area across the walkway from Tui's place and will sometimes do massages in your hotel room. I didn't ask about "extras."

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2390.jpg

There was a bit of a breeze that afternoon, and watching the coconut palms sway gently above me (along with the occasional glimpse of the walking scenery around me) made it a wonderfully relaxing experience.

This second guy carried his own scenery with him, and IтАЩm sorry to say I donтАЩt remember his name but I wonтАЩt soon forget the body! He did almost as good a massage as Tik did. Again, I have no idea if any "extras" are available.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2389.jpg

I know this topicтАЩs been covered before, but for those who are planning a trip soon itтАЩs worth bringing up again. Does anyone have any others to recommend?

catawampuscat
February 29th, 2008, 08:13
bao, I am in the market for a new digital camera so I can post photos and capture the special moments..
What camera are you using? I had decided on a Canon model but am impressed with your snaps.
Perhaps it is the photographer and not the camera that makes the difference.. :idea:

The body beautiful massage guy is quite popular by the way and definitely aims to satisfy your basic needs.
He worked for years in go go bars on the Pattayaland sois and I have heard he demands more baht than the
average guy but for those who worship muscular bodies, he would probably satisfy one..

I'll bet wowpow might have an opinion on this guy, if not many other posters here..

BTW, 300B. a tad steep for an hour massage but perhaps that includes your generous tip bao..

I am serious about the camera model and open to other suggestions as the time is ripe to buy a new one.. :cat:

thaiworthy-old
February 29th, 2008, 08:29
Cat, buy a book on photography or at least search the net. I know cameras make it easy and there are megapixels galore, but framing, light and composition are all part of the graphic language. I wish I had a good reference to give you. Using the flash sometimes when you don't need it otherwise makes a good fill light if you are shooting a face.

Good luck with your new camera and I sure look forward to your Cat snapshots!

February 29th, 2008, 11:09
The body beautiful massage guy is quite popular by the way and definitely aims to satisfy your basic needs.

How about more advanced needs?

Why the hell would you care? It's adjacent to Pattaya, which you said before even the thought of makes you ill.

thaiworthy-old
February 29th, 2008, 11:19
These are great pictures, bao-bao. I also viewed your archive. The guy in the first pic is quite nice. Very masculine. His bone structure is very interesting. Almost like a cat's. I can almost see the whiskers.

You have excellent taste. I got lots of pix, too. But I wanna see more of yours. Have you got any more?

bao-bao
February 29th, 2008, 11:46
Cat, I have to admit that some of it is just dumb luck (while I'm trying to keep the drool off of the camera) but some of it's just practice, too. The suggestion to do some online research on basic photography would probably give you enough tips to make improvements you'd be happy with. I know I still have a lot to learn about composition (the placement of subject matter for we amateurs).

Thanks for the kind words, though. I still haven't gotten around to posting any from my trip last fall, so I have a lot more to get online as time allows.

As for suggestions: people photos are always trickier, and a good zoom usually helps to get "closer" without making the subject uncomfortable. 90% of the time I pantomime/ask if it's OK for me to take a person's picture first and have only been told "no, please" three times in all of my trips there. As usual, we usually get back the vibe we put out.

Other than that, the camera needs to be comfortable for you to use - and you practiced enough to be comfortable using it. I personally think anything over 5 megapixels is overkill unless you plan on printing 8x10s. Also, I buy a step or two behind the technological curve, and that saves a bundle. My camera's an Olympus 6MP SP500UZ with a 10X zoom. It's more camera than I need and not as easy to carry around as some of the newer ones that aren't much bigger than a deck of cards, but I got it fairly cheap a year ago and despite dropping it from waist-height several times it's served me well.

However, getting back on topic here again... I liked how this one guy was walking on one friend's back while giving a head massage to another one. They were about done but continued so I could take the photo and they were laughing because the guy on the ground was making noises like he was ready to get UP, already!

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2392.jpg

Smiles
February 29th, 2008, 17:35
" ... Gosh I love this forum ... "
Enjoy it while you can. :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom:

Cheers ...

February 29th, 2008, 18:58
Gosh I love this forum.

I don't think it's reciprocated.

bao-bao
February 29th, 2008, 21:00
OKтАж it's Petchaburi instead of Dongtan, not on the beach and not exactly a massage, but since the thead's well off the tracks and on its way to hell anyway...

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2393.jpg

PeterUK
March 1st, 2008, 10:42
not on the beach and not exactly a massage,

Now you're just nit-picking...