PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia = How an advertised price of 650 baht becomes......

jinks
February 28th, 2008, 20:51
Fare
650.00THB
+
Administration Fee
50.00THB
+
Airport Tax
100.00THB
+
Fuel Surcharge
500.00THB
+
Insurance Surcharge
50.00THB
+
Value Added Tax
94.50THB

Total Amount 1,444.50THB

I declined their insurance of 75 baht and hit a surcharge for doing so.

TIT AMAZING THAILAND

allieb
February 28th, 2008, 22:58
You don't say where to but anyway its still a cheap price for a flight to somewhere.

sjaak327
February 28th, 2008, 23:40
Imagine booking international, you will be hit with another 700 baht surcharge :)

Still bloody cheap.

February 28th, 2008, 23:43
DELETED

DJB0Y-old
February 29th, 2008, 16:08
How do you guys feel about flying air asia?

I find it very frustrating as most flights are late, there is no assigned seating, and the aircraft are not that comfortable, and the luggage allowances are only 15 kg for checked baggage.

The price (without taxes and surcharges) is certainly good....but you get what you pay for.

I am really thinking to pay a little more for the non-discount carrier.

I will say, however, that Nok Air is very good. I really like their service.

DJ

March 1st, 2008, 03:08
... it is advisable to tag it at the end of your international flight - for instance, if I want to go to Singapore I used to get Thai Airlines and they charge about ┬г50 extra for Singapore hop, Thai and Malaysia I think do a free internal flight. Anyway, you get the drift.

These surcharges are a disgrace and should be included.

thrillbill
March 1st, 2008, 06:22
This fuel surcharge seems to be another scam for some companies to make some extra money... true, fuel prices have gone up but some of the surcharges seem to be out of proportion. I just ordered over the internet some flowers to be sent to a freind in the States and there was a fuel surcharge added to the shipping!!!! -Close to $3.00

thaiworthy-old
March 1st, 2008, 06:25
This fuel surcharge seems to be another scam for some companies to make some extra money... true, fuel prices have gone up but some of the surcharges seem to be out of proportion. I just ordered over the internet some flowers to be sent to a freind in the States and there was a fuel surcharge added to the shipping!!!! -Close to $3.00

I once offed a boy for 1200 baht and he wanted 300 more as gas surcharge!

It seems I might have farted in my sleep.