PDA

View Full Version : "thrifty" airlines

thrillbill
February 26th, 2008, 21:00
Though this is nothing new... booking a flight on internet with a no frills airline...locating a great low price , then by the time the tax, gas surcharge and all is added, it almost doubles the price. I doubt this "fuel surcharge" will ever be dropped, so why not include it as part of the price? Air Asia must be masters of this; plus the flight insurance they try to scam on you. What are some other "good deals" out there flying within Asia?

February 26th, 2008, 21:40
... Air Asia offering flights as low as a 9 ringitt, but then the taxes and surcharges go on.

TrongpaiExpat
February 27th, 2008, 00:22
Air Asia must be masters of this; plus the flight insurance they try to scam on you. What are some other "good deals" out there flying within Asia?

Yes, watch the insurance. You have to be very careful to click cancel the insurance on the last page. Very deceptive. Once I clicked cancel the insurance and it canceled my booking. I had to redo the whole thing.

Even with all the deceptive gimmicks, Air Asia can't often be beat price wise. I have had good luck with on time and connections.

I tend to go with NOK since they are back at the old airport for domestic--the old airport ain't pretty but it's efficient since most of it is closed.

For other locations in SE Asia I sometimes use
www.thaifly.com/ (http://www.thaifly.com/)

February 27th, 2008, 01:06
I'm sure OASIS and Air Asia is suitable for seriously skint Londoners.

February 27th, 2008, 07:30
Recently checked flights to Hanoi - Nok Plus was cheaper than Air Asia...And more reliable