PDA

View Full Version : Newbie coming

February 26th, 2008, 18:31
I live in Pattaya myself...

My brother and my parents are popping over, I am straight but my brother isnt and i want to set him on the right path, i have alot experience and knowledge with the straight bars and have a network of friends.

However i can take him to boyztown and around near googies cafe, but i dont have any clue were else to take him.

Do you guys have bar crawls or meetings? Any wing men in town to show my brother the ropes? he will be in pattaya by the 19th of march.

I dont have time to take him around much, as my parents will be seeking attention and i have work demands. Are there any wingmen/groups in town?

He has never been to thailand before and he has never mongered, he is little shy to start of with.

I was thinking its best that he finds a guy and sticks with him for the duration? I would never recommend that to a friend normally, but it will be easier for him maybe, to have a thai man to take care of him.

He isnt hardened up enough to be wondering about alone, he really likes to have company to hang with!

He is 24 years old.

February 26th, 2008, 18:37
Exactly how big is that buffalo of yours?

Thanks for asking, however I don't currently have a buffalo, i hope someone can reply more productively lol

February 26th, 2008, 19:09
[quote="Noom Lex":3hlmrow0]Exactly how big is that buffalo of yours?

Thanks for asking, however I don't currently have a buffalo, i hope someone can reply more productively lol

Hmmm...you do know that "farangkwaiyai" means "European with a big water buffalo", don't you?[/quote:3hlmrow0]

Yes I have been learning to speak, read and write Thai for 2 years. Some people mistake it for farang big dick (farang kuay yai)

However it means farang big buffalo.. insulting myself basically lol

Do you have any advice for my brother?

I spoke to one of the admin/ moderators on this forum once, which one of you is it? He is jasons uncle, jason lives in birmingham, he's a friend of mine. I run pattaya addicts forum, my name on there is Bryan

sjaak327
February 26th, 2008, 19:41
Why does he wants to go "mongering" anyway, sounds like a very dull thing to do. Paying for sex, boy that's what losers do.

But I guess on here you might actually get some usefull recommendations. Don't ask me, I myself never monger.

TrongpaiExpat
February 26th, 2008, 19:51
In my opinion if he's 24 years old show him to the bus stop and put him on a bus to Bangkok. Give him a map and tell him to find a hotel, then get some free gay guides for Bangkok from any venue and go to either one of the many saunas, discos or bars where other people his age hang out.

If he wants a beach then go to Ko Pha-Ngan and meet up with all the other 20 year olds doing what 20 year olds do for fun.

February 26th, 2008, 19:51
travelling to Europe if I was you, Ibiza is nice at this time of year. There's a "rave" Greek island you should try out, forgot what they call it now, but all they do is get drunk every night.

catawampuscat
February 26th, 2008, 23:22
I suggest your brother go on gayromeo.com or one of the others and contact Thai and/or farangs guys who would be
interested in meeting him.. He can designate that he is looking for friends or for sex or anything in between..
This forum tends to be slightly older on average and I would recommend trying the gay section of thaivisa.com
as well as doing a google search.
Final recommendation is to let your brother do his own searching and connecting as even the shyest of men can handle
the Internet....

Be prepared for some comments about sitting on ones face or borrowing some money or one of our other favorites topics here.. :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
February 27th, 2008, 00:07
Another internet option is Loneley Planet (http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/) lots of youngsters over there. Look at both the Thai section and the gay section.

sjaak327
February 27th, 2008, 00:52
Well, I am a regular over at the Thorntree, the gay section is supposed to be dead and on the Thai branch, he might get some homofobic reactions.

February 27th, 2008, 01:26
IMNSHO Trongphai'expat's advice is the most valuable. Your brother needs to find Babylon which is on Soi Nandha, off Soi 1 Sathorn. The taxi driver will know it. They have reasonably priced accommodation or there are cheaper or more expensive options nearby. He might also like to visit Silom Soi 2 & 4. He should find someone to volunteer to show him round.

Perhaps you are over protective?

dave_tf-old
February 27th, 2008, 05:18
I'm doubting from your post and your description of your brother that you are wanting to send him off to Bangkok on his own.

I'd simply suggest you go with him one night and visit a few bars. You know where they are. If you've not been in a gay/boy bar in Pattaya, I can tell you as someone who's visited both that the gay bars are no more sleazy than the girl bars. Clearly you're OK with your brother's gayness, so just pick a couple and go in.

See if you can find a guy who speaks reasonable English. Many of the guys around his age will be able to. Whether or not they want to tangle is of minor concern. He'll have a companion who can help him get around. In short, hire him one. That pretty much describes half MY 'offs'. You don't need to manage his sex life.

February 27th, 2008, 10:44
If he's 24, just drop him off at Boyz, Boyz around midnight when the dancing starts.. he will do fine :)

francois
February 27th, 2008, 11:40
[quote="farangkwaiyai"]I live in Pattaya myself...

However i can take him to boyztown and around near googies cafe, but i dont have any clue were else to take him.

Yes, take him to boyztown and show him around. Drop into a couple of bars with him as others suggested. Then you and he hop on a motorbike taxi and say "Sunnee Plaza", just a few minutes from Boyztown. Let him wander around and just be sure he knows how to get back "home". Forget Bangkok. There is more than enough for him in Pattaya.

February 28th, 2008, 09:20
Why does he wants to go "mongering" anyway, sounds like a very dull thing to do. Paying for sex, boy that's what losers do.

But I guess on here you might actually get some usefull recommendations. Don't ask me, I myself never monger.

็Hahaha...some of the most successful men in the world buy sex. I would never call someone "loser" just because he buys sex, if you're referring to me.

What gives Pattaya its particular atmosphere however, is the number of men -- both straight and gay -- who are sexually compulsive. Addicted, if you prefer. Whose lives and whose worlds revolve around screwing as many young boys and/or girls as possible -- to the exclusion of other interests and pursuits which generally are required for me to considered them winners.

I'm just sayin'.
But you don't have to worry about it do ya? Since Pattaya makes you ill, you can just do your whore mongering in more upscale areas. Best for everyone that you do stay away from there anyway, so as not to lower the overall farang quality even more. :idea:

thaiworthy-old
February 28th, 2008, 20:53
I actually prefer downscale.

We noticed that a long time ago.

But I am indeed happy to stay away from Pattaya . . .

And we're happy, too.

. . . and the sad people living there who would put a 9mm bullet between your eyes for having an opinion.

You don't have an opinion. You have a counter-opinion. You go against the grain on every issue just to get a reaction. The bullet was merely a Hallmark greeting card wishing you well whenever you're not in Pattaya.

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 28th, 2008, 21:02
yes ..just drop him off at the beginning of Boyztown..he'll be mongered before you know it !

actually if he's only 24 I'd get the bugger working and make a few quid on the side.

I could be his wingman for that enterprise.

thrillbill
February 28th, 2008, 21:21
Of course we don't know what kind of candy this 24 is into, but a large majority of those boys that cruise into Boyz Boyz Boyz are most likely more "seasoned' than this European fellow. The majority of those guys have done a few tricks during the day at the beach, and if they haven't hooked up with someone there, then its Panarama, then Boyz Boyz Boyz , and then Marine Disco or along Beach Road. If he isn't very "street-wise" with the commercial boys, then his innocence could get him into some trouble. I like the advise for him to go to Bangkok. There is a younger selection of gays for him to socialize with and there is more of a variety of things to experience: Babylon Sauna; soi Twilight with the shows; the go-go clubs that offer more of a variety of "candy" soi 4 which is a fun experience with the gay bars; and soi 2 with DJ's and then there is the dance club G.O.D. If he only stays in Pattaya, he will miss out on a lot.

thaiworthy-old
February 28th, 2008, 21:41
You don't have an opinion. You have a counter-opinion. You go against the grain on every issue just to get a reaction.

Let me get this straight. I actually think that Pattaya is a swell place, yet voice an opinion that it's a giant turd by the sea just to get a reaction? After all, who in their right minds would see Pattaya for anything other than the paradise on earth it is.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Who in their right minds, indeed. That wouldn't be you, because you're doing it again. Why else would you end your post with brawling big letters? Grow up and get a life.

thaiworthy-old
February 29th, 2008, 01:25
Would you like to hear my opinion of Galveston?

Quite honestly, I don't think anyone wants to hear your opinions on anything!

dave_tf-old
February 29th, 2008, 02:53
I know nobody wants to hear my opinions on anything, but I'd like to hear all opinions as long as nobody has an opinion on the opinion-maker and sticks to having opinions on their opinions.

Yah...like THAT'S going to happen.

That's my opinion anyway...if anybody wants to hear it...which I doubt.

*slinks away*

February 29th, 2008, 03:30
How long time will your brother stay in Thailand?
If my brother sons, at the same age, asked me where to go Bangkok or Pattaya I would only say go for Bangkok. How is your brother looking? handsome? Slim? I ask because it can make a big difference in how he will experience his stay.
I am sure he could have a lot of fun in Silom Soi 4 and better Soi 2 in BKK, and other places, I am sure he could easily make friends. Also in BKK he could go to the Bed club I think it is called, it is mixed, but a more upper scale place. I think they even have gay nights. BKK is a big city with many possibilities, like New York, Pattaya is---- oh you know. In reallity I think he would have more fun going to a mixed disco in BKK than going to any gayclub in Pattaya.

February 29th, 2008, 10:24

Quite honestly, I totally agree with you sir!! :cheers:

February 29th, 2008, 11:09
farangkwaiyai
you had a question, and I hope you see how it is best to stay away from this farang gay people in Pattya on this forum. If they represent the majaroty of gay people in the city. In fact I think they are doing it. Fighting against eachother, being big sad old queens. Thinking they are funny, but dont give you any anwser. Very sad indead. I have seen some of them in real life.
Go to www.gaytingtong.com (http://www.gaytingtong.com), where people will give you an honest and relaxed answer, sometimes funny, or Thaivisa.
This forum is for fun, but dont expect any reliable answer to your questions.

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 29th, 2008, 11:21
who are you trying to kid..us or yourself that a 24 year hasn't covered the waterfront ?? :sex:

February 29th, 2008, 11:24
... In any case, we all have free choice and there is an Ignore button. Why on earth haven't you used it yet?

Perhaps because of the (rapidly fading) forlorn hope that someone who has seen Thailand since the '70s, speaks the language, managed to achieve Thai citizenship and can come up with the names of 3 modern Thai architects has something interesting, intellegent and useful to tell us about this country, instead of just making snarky-ass comments in every thread!

February 29th, 2008, 11:30
DELETED

thaiworthy-old
February 29th, 2008, 12:00
On my very first trip to Thailand I hired a legitmate tour guide from the Utopia Site. I'm not sure if they still offer this service. There was absolutely no sex involved. He showed me around Bangkok, took me to all the sights and temples and I paid him 500 baht for the day. I had a different tour guide for the nightlife. He took me around the bars, and we saw some shows and had some drinks. After a while I knew where to go on my own and venture out as I pleased.

Utopia is a fairly decent tour group. They used to have a better reputation than they have now, but you might inquire if they could still find you a tour guide.

http://www.utopia-asia.com/tipsthai.htm

If your brother wants to "play around," I would guess he'd make that known to you in due time, and he'll know where to go on his own by then.

TrongpaiExpat
February 29th, 2008, 13:27
... In any case, we all have free choice and there is an Ignore button. Why on earth haven't you used it yet?

Perhaps because of the (rapidly fading) forlorn hope that someone who has seen Thailand since the '70s, speaks the language, managed to achieve Thai citizenship and can come up with the names of 3 modern Thai architects has something interesting, intellegent and useful to tell us about this country, instead of just making snarky-ass comments in every thread!

That's assuming any of that is true. I don't know anyone that has ever met this individual or the other one who claims to have been here since1972 and has citizenship. Add Homi to the mix and all three might be the same person, some guy sitting in yellow stained underwear in a trailer park in Ohio with a good Internet connection, good research skills and a lot of time on his hands.

March 1st, 2008, 08:46

That's assuming any of that is true. I don't know anyone that has ever met this individual or the other one who claims to have been here since1972 and has citizenship. Add Homi to the mix and all three might be the same person, some guy sitting in yellow stained underwear in a trailer park in Ohio with a good Internet connection, good research skills and a lot of time on his hands.

Excellent points. It is just as likely you are correct as anything else.

dab69
March 3rd, 2008, 06:20

thank you for summing it up so well.
certainly he doesn't need to know sh*t
to voice his opinions. most especially his long-range
psychoanalysis of the entire farang population of Pattaya.