View Full Version : Unico Grande Hotel Silom (formerly Tower Inn)

sydneyboy
February 25th, 2008, 22:56
Has anyone stayed at this property since its refurbishment? If so what are the quality of the rooms, bathrooms, breakfast etc. Do they allow joiners? I started a thread here a little while ago and only received one response who confined his comments to its location which does not worry me. Any comments based on actual experience appreciated.

atri1666
February 25th, 2008, 23:53
Have had a suite there in 16th floor and liked it. I booked for me alone and there was no problem to check in also my friend - he got also free breakfast - and no problem to take one or two young men extra to the room for fun. 5 min. walking to BTS. Taxi about 50-60 baht to soi twighlight or babylon or MBK.

February 26th, 2008, 01:36
stayed there in November/December 2007, booked for 1 month, Junior Suite, about 80 qm, sometimes my friend visited me, no problem, room very nice and clean, 18th floor

TrongpaiExpat
February 26th, 2008, 13:04
In another thread you were looking for a nice pool and gym. The roof top pool here often filled with breeders with their brood. The walkway around the pool is narrow and these breeders gather in deck chairs and block the way.

Do a search, this hotel has come up before: Bottom line, some like it, some hate it and those who hate it hate those who love it.

Want a nice pool and gym go to to the Shangrila.

February 27th, 2008, 00:20
Have just returned from a 10 day stay. I had a room on the 15th floor. As far as I can see, it has received a change of name only. Everything is still 'a la Tower Inn'. Still very gay friendly, and I never had any problems with the staff when bringing boys back.

lonelywombat
March 15th, 2008, 12:47
Have just returned from a 10 day stay. I had a room on the 15th floor. As far as I can see, it has received a change of name only. Everything is still 'a la Tower Inn'. Still very gay friendly, and I never had any problems with the staff when bringing boys back.

My friend just returned today and stayed twice this trip. Asia-rooms offered him an executive room on 10th floor 1850 b
very large double bed as normal, he walked in and got 1700 without asking and on his return booked through travel agent almost next door, and got 1490

As above there appears no change, he stayed in the renovated rooms which are almost double the average studio,
no problems bringing boys back He enjoyed being recognized and welcomed back by the bell boys [bit long in the tooth to be still called bell boys]His only comment is the hotel owned limo service is unreliable and prefers to get one from Pattaya to pick him up. He arranges this by email.

March 15th, 2008, 19:06
I always pick up the AOT service from inside the Arrivals hall wherever I'm going. It's much more a reliable option than booking a service and hoping they're waiting for you outside. Coming back I see what the hotel has to offer.

TrongpaiExpat
March 15th, 2008, 23:30
I always pick up the AOT service from inside the Arrivals hall wherever I'm going. It's much more a reliable option than booking a service and hoping they're waiting for you outside. Coming back I see what the hotel has to offer.

You have got to be the first person that has ever recommended AoT for anything.

Brad the Impala
March 16th, 2008, 04:19

You have got to be the first person that has ever recommended AoT for anything.

I use the AOT limousines too. Ok, they are expensive 1,000 to 1,200 to the centre of Bangkok, but it is a simple, quick and comfortable exit from airport, and after a long flight..............

Having said that, last time we got a driver who had only just started on the job, and had never heard of Saladaeng or the Dusit Thani Hotel(as a guide point to Saladaeng). We ended up directing him ourselves, but that was the first bad experience that I have had.