PDA

View Full Version : E-Visa for Thailand

February 25th, 2008, 17:00
What great service! I wish Thailand offered a service like this. The Cambodia e-visa took less than 1 hour to receive! Just fill out the form, digital picture from the camera, and pay $25 via PayPal. After submitting it, it was less than an hour to get the tourist visa online.

Wish we could do this for our 90 day sign in at Pattaya immigration....just fill out the form online and not have to go there.

atri1666
February 25th, 2008, 17:42
Or like in Dubai with chipcard and no more immigration - only one time for registration.

February 26th, 2008, 01:06
Unfortunately... getting through the line with immigration is another story.

We got the e-visa, and the process was swift. However, when we arrived in Siem Reap, there was only 1 counter to process the e-visa arrivals, and the officer was bitterly slow. Others who got the visa upon arrival were processed and got through immigration faster than those that had the e-visa.

I have the impression that the locals immigration people are not happy with the central gov't idea of e-visa, probably for many reasons, which I can only speculate.

Next time, I would get the visa-on-arrival instead.

February 26th, 2008, 02:08
The Cambodia e-visa worked just fine for me at Poipet back in December -very quick processing both on line & at the border post.

sjaak327
February 26th, 2008, 04:58
Unfortunately... getting through the line with immigration is another story.

We got the e-visa, and the process was swift. However, when we arrived in Siem Reap, there was only 1 counter to process the e-visa arrivals, and the officer was bitterly slow. Others who got the visa upon arrival were processed and got through immigration faster than those that had the e-visa.

I have the impression that the locals immigration people are not happy with the central gov't idea of e-visa, probably for many reasons, which I can only speculate.

Next time, I would get the visa-on-arrival instead.

No need for speculation, they are pulling bullshit with the on arrival visas, asking up to 1000 baht for them, even though the official rate is 20 USD and not a penny more. E-visa robs them of this opportunity. I agree that e-visa isn't necessary, especially at Phnom Penh, where the process of visa on arrival was very quick and indeed 20 USD.