PDA

View Full Version : Tivoli Hotel Bangkok

sydneyboy
February 25th, 2008, 12:49
There was A favourable reference to this hotel on another gay website and I must say it was new to me. Has anyone else stayed there? In particular comments on the pool (is it a lap pool or a bird bath) and the gym would be appreciated.

February 25th, 2008, 12:55
Not sure why, with those rates, you'd stay there rather than in a Deluxe Surawong Room at Tarntawan Hotel. It's a bit out of the way (ie. it's a taxi to everywhere)

TrongpaiExpat
February 25th, 2008, 13:18
The Tivoli Hotel is used by the Chinese Tour Buses, often two of them are parked in front of the hotel. The price the tour companies pay is more than half of what you as an independent customer would pay. They have those 4 seater golf carts to shuttle guests to the Subway. Free, I guess you tip the driver.

It's not all that isolated. There's many motocy taxis on that street, 20B to MRT Lumpini, 20B to Babylon or 10 B from Rama 4 at Soi Sawansawat. Many places to eat on that street. Om Yim, O Ho's and Ledo. Taxi to Soi Twilight 37 to 41 baht.

There's a new hotel right around the corner called, The Bosses Place, that looks nice and no tour groups. I can't find a web site, might be some variation of the spelling or they don't have one. It's on Soi Sawansawat, if your coming from Sibumphen it's on your right.

Pantip Court (http://www.pantipcourt.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc) might be more what your looking for. Nice pool and gym.

I notice a lot of new renovations of the old guest houses on Soi Sibumphen. You could book one night anywhere and then take a walk down the soi and take a look.

For long term a week or more drop in the hair dressers next to O Ho's. The old Chinese Lady that lives upstairs in a single small room owns several of the larger building in the area, ask for weekly deals. If she feels like it, she might tell you. Many of the building in this area were built by the US Military in the 60's and then sold cheap to a small group of Chinese-Thai families after the war ended.

By the way Homi, she is single and has no relatives.