PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

February 25th, 2008, 10:49
DELETED

February 25th, 2008, 19:10
the much-maligned previous government is not looking so bad now.......but at least Thailand has returned to democracy <sarcasm> and thats what matters most </sarcasm>

February 25th, 2008, 20:54
A benevolent dictatorship or a lousy democracy...a tough call.
Give me the former any day !

February 25th, 2008, 22:28
A benevolent dictatorship or a lousy democracy...a tough call.

Hear, hear

jinks
February 25th, 2008, 22:36
Hear, hear

For those who do not have English as their first language.....

As a parliamentary cheer, hear him, hear him! is first recorded in the late 17th century and continued into the 19th; the reduction to hear! or hear, hear! occurred by the late 18th century.

However, the use of the verb hear as an imperative meaning listen! is older: a notable example is the parliamentary-sounding

Then cried a wise woman out of the city, Hear, hear (2 Samuel 20, verse 16) in the King James Bible, first published in 1611.

PeterUK
February 25th, 2008, 22:37

I agree. A benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government there is. Trouble with it is there's no assurance that it is going to be followed by another benevolent dictatorship. I certainly wouldn't call the recent coup government in Thailand benevolent - it only looks good next to any government connected with Thaksin.

Bob
February 26th, 2008, 07:57
Benevolent? Hardly. They took power by force, did nothing notable (other than help screw up the Thai economy), and, with their doubling of the military budget and massive raises to all their cronies, stole Thailand blind. General Sondhi, Prem, and their buddies could at least have kissed Thailand on the cheek before shoving it up its backside.

February 26th, 2008, 10:18
The must've seen this movie....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZTCphFFWTy0

And once they finish with the Drug Problem they can move on to the Southern Insugency.
Can't wait to see their brilliant plans for that one.

Gotta love this Samak for being so consistant. Problems with drug dealers? moslems? students? Just shoot 'em all and let Buddha sort 'em out.

February 26th, 2008, 18:42
Hear, hear

For those who do not have English as their first language.....
As a parliamentary cheer, hear him, hear him! is first recorded in the late 17th century and continued into the 19th; the reduction to hear! or hear, hear! occurred by the late 18th century.

However, the use of the verb hear as an imperative meaning listen! is older: a notable example is the parliamentary-sounding

Then cried a wise woman out of the city, Hear, hear (2 Samuel 20, verse 16) in the King James Bible, first published in 1611.
In the context used here the definition of Hear Hear is "used to express wholehearted agreement with something said (in a speech)" - Oxford English Dictionary