PDA

View Full Version : Civil Partnership

February 23rd, 2008, 13:45
... is enter the phrase "register UK civil partnership from overseas" into Google. Lo and behold the first hit was the official instructions followed by 9 more Google pages of hits. And still people come here as their first option to find out information! :cheers:

February 23rd, 2008, 15:57
I really don't think you should be deflected by His Curmudgeoness, Fattman. Whilst it is not something that concerns me it is more than likely what you have to share is of interest to a fair number of people who drop by here. Most readers lurk, but it doesn't mean they don't find the posts informative.

Aunty
February 24th, 2008, 10:49
I take it from this then Fatty, that you are about to enter into a civil union with your bf?? If so, then let me be the first to congratulate you on your upcoming nuptials!! Well done and good for you! I'm happy for you both. :bounce: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :bounce:

Don't take it personally the sort of replies you've had up to this point. Many of the posters here, as you know, are nothing more than misfits and low-rent trash, bestriding the Sawatdee stage as flatulent peacocks in full glory and bad gas. You're not going to get normal social behaviour and niceties from them so don't expect it. Actually I'm surprised you even bother to post here. You've always struck me as a thoroughly nice and reasonable fellow, why don't do you move over to Ting tongs and post there? At least there you're likely to get a more civil and friendly response as the trolls, thankfully, seem to give the place a wide berth.

Anyway, congratulations once agin.

February 24th, 2008, 14:05
Thanks Auntie for that, and I'm happy to shre my experience with sensible folks!Just bear in mind that my niece is on record as detesting the British and boasting of never having visited there. Supping with the devil still requires a long spoon

February 24th, 2008, 16:21
I have no plans to enter into a civil partnership anytime soon, but overall I would be interested to hear your perceptions about the attitudes of consular staff to the process - I am assuming you did the registration process through the Embassy in BKK?

I know some consular posts don't offer the full service but will merely offer the visa which gives the applicant the right to travel to the UK to do the formal registration there.