PDA

View Full Version : Wechai, the deaf massage guy on Dong Tan Beach, passes away

catawampuscat
February 22nd, 2008, 18:06
I was also a very satisfied customer of Wechai. Despite the handicap of being deaf and mute, he could write
and understand Thai and English.. His massage was different than most of the massage boys/guys at Jomtien
and was quite strong but very good.. Superb foot massage as well, althou it is all moot at this point..

I stopped by at Wat Po in Naklua to pay my respects to the family. A few other farangs were there and we
all contributed to the expenses of the funeral and were very respectfully welcomed by all.

There is a flyer written in Thai circulating at Jomtien beach with a badly reproduced photo of Wechai..
I have attended and help pay for several Thai boys/guys funerals and it is a good feeling to help out and pay ones
respects.
I was pleased to share this humbling experience today with Rainwalker, who is Khun Jai Dee personified...

It was rough seeing the young pregnant widow and their toddler as Wechai was many decades too young to die...
He will stay in my memories and Rainwalker's as well I am sure.. :cat:

February 22nd, 2008, 19:15
Sorry to be inquisitive but as a regular visitor rather than a resident in Pattaya, could someone confirm whether or not Khun Wechai was the guy who regularly wore a red bandana and spent a lot of time exercising/ jogging along the front of the gay area of Dongtan beach? Probably in his thirties (but of course hard to guess for sure as is the case with many other Thais).

If it is the one I am thinking about, I only passed pleasantries with him a couple of times but he seemed to be a very nice man.

Sorry to hear of the passing regardless of the identity (especially at what appears from the original post to be a quite young age).

catawampuscat
February 22nd, 2008, 23:05
no snowcat..

The Thai man you refer to used to run on the beach in Jomtien and spent a lot of time with his long football stockings
and althletic shoes.. He worked out a lot and was deaf but this is not the same man.. I believe I have seen the
exerciser recently but not on Jomtien beach..

We have a photo but it has been photocopied too many times and my copy is hard to see, so it wouldn't be
publishable. There were and maybe still are some copies around the gay area of Jomtien Beach.. :cat:

The beach massage guys would be the most knowledgeable and may have a copy of the photograph if you are nearby..

February 23rd, 2008, 15:47
no snowcat..

The Thai man you refer to used to run on the beach in Jomtien and spent a lot of time with his long football stockings and althletic shoes.. He worked out a lot and was deaf but this is not the same man. I believe I have seen the exerciser recently but not on Jomtien beach..

We have a photo but it has been photocopied too many times and my copy is hard to see, so it wouldn't be
publishable. There were and maybe still are some copies around the gay area of Jomtien Beach.. :cat:

The beach massage guys would be the most knowledgeable and may have a copy of the photograph if you are nearby..
Thanks - in fact I have already received a PM informing me that the guy I referred to was not Khun Wechai.

As he is the only deaf guy I was aware of at Jomtien beach, my curiosity has been answered and a photo is therefore unnecessary. However, still very sad to hear of the passing of this young man.