PDA

View Full Version : Makha Bucha Day and the elections and bar closings

painai2
February 21st, 2008, 07:39
So what's the story? Are the bars closed tonight, because of Makha Bucha Day ? Also, are they closed tomorrow the 22nd and Saturday the 23nd for the elections? Does anyone have the answer?

February 21st, 2008, 07:51
In the news at:

www.pattayacitynews.net/news_19_02_51_2.html (http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_19_02_51_2.html)

Also as reported on GayThailand.com:

www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2359 (http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2359)

Looks like a good idea to make arrangements in advance.

February 21st, 2008, 09:00
On my visit to Bangkok last week I was told that what goes on in Pattaya does not reflect what goes on in the rest of Thailand. So, I'll be heading for Bangkok today and staying for the weekend.
In Bangkok this weekend the bars are open every day but ...

Thursday: open but soft drinks only
Friday: open and serving alcohol
Saturday: open and alcohol available in some bars
Sunday: open and serving alcohol

Cheers :drunken:

catawampuscat
February 21st, 2008, 09:38
From the mouth of babes...

In Sunee Plaza, we were advised by several waiters that Come-In Bar Beer would be closed tonite and for a total
of three nites. Not sure if this is just one bar or if it will be the same in all of Sunee Plaza..

In Boyztown area, we were advised that some bars would be open without alcohol being served and some bars
would close for tonite and reopen the next nite..

It looks like it will be somewhat spotty and hit and miss but unless you have to have alcohol every nite, there should
be enough places open to keep one amused, at least in Pattaya..

BTW, the massage places will be open and you can have a lot of fun on a massage table without a drink... :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
February 21st, 2008, 11:15
My BF was at the G-Star last night and unexpectedly at midnight a large teem of boys in brown appeared and shut down all the entertainment venues on that soi for Makha Bucha. I was over by soi Twilight and everything was open. Tonight who knows?

TrongpaiExpat
February 21st, 2008, 18:18
I just got a call from a man on the street at soi Twlight and he said the bars are getting ready to open tonight. Dick's is open too, has been all day. Go figure?