PDA

View Full Version : Buriram

February 25th, 2006, 21:16
(if this comes up more than once...sorry....having trouble posting)

I am going to Buriram for a couple of days. Are there any gay or "gay friendly) hotels up there? Thanks in advance!

Boxer
February 26th, 2006, 10:39
Just been there but forgot already the name of Hotel. 650 baht a night and fine for a day or so inc Breakfast. As you arrive in Buriram before the University turn left and then left again in small soi hotel is 50 yds up on right. Largish place behind car park. No problems with bf in double room. Always rooms no booking. B ram closes at 11pm so go expecting early to bed early to rise. Dont miss the Prasats 30 k out of town south.

February 26th, 2006, 18:13
There is a little better hotel than the one mentioned in the post above. It is the Kapnakorn Hotel. If you are coming into Buriram from the same directions as above, stay on the main street to the traffic circle, at the traffic circle turn right, the University should now be on your right, go to the next big traffic circle (has a big elephant in the middle) and turn left, go through one traffic light, stay on that road about 1/2 to 3/4 km and look for the Hotel on your left. I have stayed there several times, a little more expensive than the other one, but nicer. I have always stayed there with my Thai bf, so no problem there. You can get the room with or without breakfast. I did not find the breakfast buffett too good, so always got the room without. Then if you turn left just past the Hotel there is a large "western music" bar that is usually busy. There are also a couple of disco s in the city that are very lively. So...not everything closes at 11.

February 26th, 2006, 21:39
Thanks guys, for the info. I will be there in a few days...happy happy mak mak!

llz
February 26th, 2006, 22:46
I staid with a TB near the railway station in Thai Hotel which is very simple but clean and close to everything including great eateries.
The Hotel above should rather be the Thep Nakhon Hotel, details at this link :
www.doljit.com/en/northeast/buriram/stay.php (http://www.doljit.com/en/northeast/buriram/stay.php)
I wonder wether there is any gay place in Buriram, as there seemed to be a lot of girlie places.

February 27th, 2006, 18:59
We have been in Buriram city almost a month ago. On Saturday night we went to a big Disco called тАШSpeedтАЩ. It was really high-tech and still fun. A lot of the music was live performance. More remarkable was the fact that at least ten young Thai guys came along (we were 4 European guys aged 35 till 47) and asked if they could go with us to have some fun.

We also went to an open-air gym; it was as cruisy as the disco.

It was my very first time in Buriram. I definitely had to change my perceived idea of a very poor city. I must admit that the countryside looked much poorer than the city.

The first hotel mentioned is the Vongthong Hotel. If you are into Thai camp home decoration, just book a suite there!