PDA

View Full Version : Phuket Gay Festival 2008?????????????

February 20th, 2008, 03:45
do you know dates for the Phuket Gay Festival 2008???

jinks
February 20th, 2008, 04:44
Last year it was at the end of August.

More info anyone ????

February 20th, 2008, 05:54
do you know dates for the Phuket Gay Festival 2008???

No Phuket Gay Festival in 2008 !!!

Khun Bhon from My Way and Khun Beer from BB bar are not agree whit Khun Dan from Boat bar about the drinks given on the beach last year. They complain about the empty bars ( people stay on the beach ) , at the festival in 2007.

Khun Tangmo from Tangmo bar sit up " dry seeds a bit ", but that's on rumors ! :clown:

If a Phuket Gay Festival in 2008 will be Khun Dan from Boat bar only.

I bet on NO Gay Festival in Phuket this year .

lonelywombat
February 20th, 2008, 07:24
Khun Tangmo from Tangmo bar sit up " dry seeds a bit ", but that's on rumors ! :clown:

Can you explain this sentence please

Smiles
February 20th, 2008, 09:12
Was told that there has been some sort of big disagreement/kerfuffle between the farang bar owners and the Thai bar owners regarding "control" (whatever that means) of the Patong Gay Festival. The festival ended up being cancelled for 2008.

Don't know the details, but that is what I heard from a visitor we had here who had just arrived from a week or so in Patong. This is second hand info, so I can't vouch for it, but our visitor said he had asked specifically about the festival and knew and had talked with some of the Thai and farang bar owners involved in the (apparently) hard feelings.

Politics and divisions like this have been rife in gay festivals for a long time (in Thailand, in the US, and definitely in Canada), so little surprise.

Cheers ...

Brad the Impala
February 20th, 2008, 19:49
My understanding is similar to that of Baziel. The three movers in Gay Life in Patong, all Thai, could not agree on a formula. Khun Bon and Tangmo wanted it to be, as it used to be, an opportunity for more profit in Paradise, with the parade ending up there. Khun Daeng of Boat Bar wanted it to be less commercially orientated, and more of a celebration of gay life, as happened last year under his guidance, when a lot of the festivities took place on the beach