PDA

View Full Version : Old Memories Beer Bar in Sunee Plaza in new location..

catawampuscat
February 17th, 2008, 09:58
I was advised that gaybutton posted on his forum, that Oud and his two husbands will return to Sunee Plaza
and reopen in a few months. :cheers:

Memories Bar was sold and is now closed and for sale but the new venture is supposed to be in the
old Filou Boy Bar up the soi close to Forest Bar.

I hope gaybutton's scoop is accurate and many of us will welcome the return of Oud and his two husbands..

Note to Jaidee 454: This was the safest bar in Sunee Plaza as the confidence men were not welcome and the barmy army
kept watch while plotting the demise of the worst of the lot...It should be safe again when it opens as evil fears to tread its portal..

We will set up a barmy army recruiting station there and jaidee454 will be made honourary member #1, if he wants the designation.. :cat:

bing
February 17th, 2008, 19:24
Hay Cat. That is great to hear. Had many a nice cup of tea and fine banter at old Memories. Hope it will come to fruition.

February 17th, 2008, 21:43
Catty's information is accurate...the remodel is already underway and they are aiming for an April opening.

Dodger
February 18th, 2008, 04:30
That's GREAT news!

Hollywood Disco and Memories both closing during the same year was a very depressing blow - but quite frankly, if I had my choice on which one I'd like to see return, it would be, without question...MEMORIES!!!

My earliest adventures in LOS have their roots in the REAL MEMORIES, as I know so many others have as well. Almost immediately after the doors to the original Memories opened, it became the most popular and respected beer bar/cafe in Pattaya, and to those who have befriended the trio of Oud, Jack and Ralph, it came as no surprise, because they are truly three of the most wonderful people you'll ever have the opportunity of meeting in your life. The ambiance they created through their authentically warm and outgoing personalities became a magnet for visiting farangs and xpats, as well as newcomers to the scene.

So, it really doesn't matter where they decide to put Memories, because it wasn't the building or the color of their sign that created Memories, it was the people.

I'll be arriving in PTY on April 1st, and if Memories has resurrected, I plan to be the first one there. Furthermore, keep an eye on the forum during that period because I plan to host a Members Get Together at Memories while I'm there. The drinks will be on me, and don't worry, if by chance I run a little short on cash I'll just ask Rainwalker to cover me. Sorry Rainwalker, maybe I should have consulted you first...LOL

mai pen rai

catawampuscat
February 18th, 2008, 08:12
I doubt the old Memories name will be used again as Oud and his two husbands sold it.

I like the name Oud's for the new name but it rings right in my ears because I know the people involved and
it may not be the best name for the new bar..

Someone can start a poll if they like or just add a suggestion. Mine is Oud's Boy Bar. :cat:

February 18th, 2008, 08:31
Well, since it is clearly a team effort, how about "M├йnage ├а Trois Bar & Cafe" or "Three's Company Pub & Bistro."

-Black Label

thaiworthy-old
February 18th, 2008, 08:52
If LMTU,earwig,Titbits, etc. owned it he could call it the I.O.U. bar.

February 20th, 2008, 07:49
Who cares about the name just get the three-some back and going. Was very boring with out them. Will be back in late November and am looking forward to seeing everyone. Has always to be a great place to meet people and talk to everyone.

TrongpaiExpat
February 20th, 2008, 10:47
So, what's the story? Last I heard was Oud got a visa to go to USA and Jack and Ralph sold out and went back also. Visa problems, Oud did not like USA, they made a mistake and reconsidered, missed Thailand too much, what?

Whatever the reason welcome home.

February 20th, 2008, 22:18
TrongpaiExpat...... none of the above. No one has gone any where all are still in Pattaya and have never left. No problems. Oud just wanted to get back in business. When you are young and motivated with Oud's energy level sitting around the house and travel is just not enough. Oud is an entertainer at heart and he needs a new stage. I am very much looking forward to opening day.

catawampuscat
February 20th, 2008, 23:08
As boygeenyus probably knows, git is very similiar to the pronounciation of one Thai slang word
for minor wife, or second girlfriend. Alcoholic old gits takes on a different meaning with this in mind..

I, for one, am disappointed by boygeenyus redux.. So far just mindless attacks on George and now these
former Memories guys, who are extremely well liked and good people.

The statistics on John Botting's business are, so not any of bg's business (unless he is a partner) and
I guess my memory is spotty as I remembered boygeenyus as a witty spot on poster but now realize
it is just troll troll troll and really mean spirited.. in my humble opinion :cat:

February 21st, 2008, 10:52
DELETED

February 21st, 2008, 10:55
DELETED

February 21st, 2008, 21:43
I think the name of the new bar to be owned by the original owner of "Memories" will be "Oud's Inn!". As most know it will be opposite Topman by the Eldorado. I too will be happy to see Oud open his new bar and see Jack and Ralph.

catawampuscat
February 21st, 2008, 22:01
Oud's Inn!

Okay.. thaiworthy's I.O.U. bar name perfect for jaidee454's former friend..thanks for the chuckle thaiworthy ! :cat:

February 23rd, 2008, 11:45
How 'bout ::::: Oud's Bodkins!

sorry...I just...couldn't....resist :pom: