PDA

View Full Version : getting to Pattaya

a447
February 16th, 2008, 19:38
One last question.
I'll be staying in a hotel in Silom. Can anyone recommend a taxi company that takes people down to Pattaya? I know there are various companies out there; I just want to know if anyone has had a some good/bad experiences.

Thanks.

February 16th, 2008, 21:21
My recommendation would be Mr Toom's taxi service. he is based in Pattaya but he will pick up in Bangkok. He charges 1200 baht from Bangkok to Pattaya and that includes the toll charges. I have used him many times and in fact I will be using him again next week and I have never been let down. If anything his drivers always arrive early. Send him an email and he will reply promptly.

Contact details MR.TOOM BKK. Call 081-4827148 or 083-0178066

Mr.Toom [toom39@msn.com]

February 17th, 2008, 07:01
Have not used them, but I have also heard good comments from users of Mr. Tooms.

I know it sounds cheap, but I have been very satisfied with the bus service from Bell Bus Service. Your hotel sets it up and a van picks you up at the appointed hour and gets you to a central depot. Very comfortable reclining seats and I normally sleep. Wake up in Pattaya at a depot where you are asked which hotel your staying. A van gets you right out there with the possibility of a short delay thru town as they drop off others as well. Cost from BKK is about 500 to 550 depending on the amount the hotel takes. The return from Pattaya is 400 and it includes the van to your hotel. From Pattaya they stop at the new airport before the trip to town so you can get off directly there if desired.

Think they do three or four trips a day or maybe more.

February 17th, 2008, 07:46
Some Pattaya hotels do a Bangkok pick-up - I think Ambiance or Cafe Royal have a service like that because I used it once. Check the Web site.

jinks
February 17th, 2008, 14:20
If you want a totally reliable, comfortable and safe chauffeur driven transfer.

Use Image Limo (http://www.imagelimo.com/) they are not the cheapest but are arguably the best.

netrix
February 17th, 2008, 14:50
I've always used Image Limo as well. 2600 baht from the airport to your hotel in Pattaya.
Their website is www.imagelimo.com (http://www.imagelimo.com). They're very reliable, gay friendly, and always
waiting outside customs with a sign with my name, ready to carry my luggage to the waiting
car. Cold towel, ice cold water, magazines, DVD player in the back of the upscale sedan
with air conditioning and leather seats. Never any surprises, no extra toll fees or help with
fuel, etc. I've used them 5 times, highly recommended! A little more than other taxis but
worth every baht!

February 17th, 2008, 15:51
If you want a totally reliable, comfortable and safe chauffeur driven transfer.

Use Image Limo (http://www.imagelimo.com/) they are not the cheapest but are arguably the best.

Ditto.

G.

February 17th, 2008, 17:47
Some Pattaya hotels do a Bangkok pick-up - I think Ambiance or Cafe Royal have a service like that because I used it once. Check the Web site.
Always use Le Cafe Royale car - saloon 2300 THB or limo 2600 THB airport-Pattaya or reverse (all tolls etc included). The drivers are very proficient, safe and helpful - (I have one particular driver that I use each time and have even hired him for a four day trip around Issan).

Highly recommended.