View Full Version : Xray== depressing

thrillbill
February 16th, 2008, 01:59
OK, some of you think Xray is wonderful...I guess because of the young looking coyote dancers but for my buddies and I it is depressing to think this is the only "gay" dance club to go to in Pattaya. The place is cramped, the speakers are not clear...cracked? ; the music is ok, but lacks the new dance tunes; crowded quarters with low ceilings; and just a dull place for ones "gay radar" to take place. The royal pisser is when you get there early, the good tables in the center are reserved by various groups that don't show up until after 2 am...and where do you end up if you don't have the connection???? At some far corner.

Yes, my Thai BF and our friends go up to BKK when we can to enjoy a "real club" such as Dj"s or G.O.D...but why do we have to go up there? Wouldn't a decent dance club make money in Pattaya? Or are the people in Pattaya just not aware what could be better... Xray reminds me of some dance club out in the village. ==Not going there again and supporting such a dive even if it is the only gay place to dance at after 1am.(and besides they don't have the *alls to enforce the non smoking ban.)

February 16th, 2008, 02:09
... it is very down market with a few "try to be professional bar staff" i.e. the ones that are polite and then keep hanging around and ask you for a tip. Having said that lots of people like that sort of atmosphere, its the people that frequent the place that count, i.e. look at G.A.Y. in London, that's a dump but it gets packed with a few cuties but not many.

DJ is a little better since they have opened "the other side" but before it was just like a 4 storey Wendy house, well still is. G.O.D is fairly modern but I suspect the best of them all is BED in BKK.

There are other places to go a little more upmarket in Pattaya, but mixed/straight. Pattaya is just a sleaze pit but we all love it!!

colmx
February 16th, 2008, 02:23
As whitedesire posts above its the crowd that make a venue, I like x-ray as its a great way of seperating the Gay barboys from the Gay-for-Pay boys...Only gay boys to to X-ray and its nice to see th boy who caught your eye earlier in the night in some gogo bar out and enjoying himself with his friends...

On my last trip i would guess most night would consist of going to either Hollywood or some Gay bars first and then hitting x-ray

I very much enjoyed my time in X-ray and BF never had any problems getting one of the "reserved" tables unreserved for us

By the way Thrillbill - there is also Body Landuage and T&T in South Pattaya - also in the style of x-ray... have you checked them out?

February 16th, 2008, 12:25
I have heard good things about the new gay disco "Body Language". It is near Ole Restaurant in that new complex of buildings just off of Third Road. I have been by it on my motorcycle on several occasion, but have never been into it. Does anyone have a report "Body Language"????

February 16th, 2008, 19:38
I have heard good things about the new gay disco "Body Language". It is near Ole Restaurant in that new complex of buildings just off of Third Road. I have been by it on my motorcycle on several occasion, but have never been into it. Does anyone have a report "Body Language"????

Small, cramped, good shows, a bit mad, very Thai, I like it!

February 17th, 2008, 18:09
Where is this Xray Dance Club located?

Black Label

February 17th, 2008, 23:02

Body Language ...
Starts to get going after the gogo bars close.
Very busy with bar boys who have not been offed plus a few girls/katoeys.
Show so bad it is funny.
Go with a crowd and buy a bottle of Red or Black Label.
Great atmosphere.
Allows Smoking ... Excellent Club :headbang:

February 18th, 2008, 03:27

Black Label

Hi,

North Pattaya opposite site where Bruno's restaurant used to be in days of old

puckered_penguin
February 18th, 2008, 19:12

Black Label

North Pattaya opposite site where Bruno's restaurant used to be in days of old

In what is commonly called Soi Zero as it is an unnumbered soi before Soi one

February 18th, 2008, 19:36

Black Label

It should be the location of the Pattaya Bangkok samong Xray department you are inquiring about, not the Dance Club. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/rolleyes.gif

thaiguest
February 20th, 2008, 13:42

Body language opened in early 2007 as far as I remember. I went there a few times during the first month. The dancing boys on stage and on the dance podiums (a) around the sides were georgous, slick, mostly straight and alone made for a good reason to keep returning. The music, decor and atmosphere as good as anything in BKK or elsewhere.
BUT.... EACH NIGHT AT ABOUT 2AM WHEN EVERYTHING WAS FLYING, OUT PARADES THE USUAL VILLAGE ISSAAN SLAPSTICK SO CALLED 'FUNNY' CRAP.
I know the thais love this knock-about, make- fun- of the- falang shit and that a small amount of it is ok but when it goes on and on and on and on and on and is again repeated at 3am and 4am falangs simply melt away.
As far as I'm concerned the standard here has melted away too and maybe not by co-incidence. The dancing boys are not in the same high league as when it first opened.
My atttiuded to 'funny' issaan cameos is as follows; 5 minutes twice a night ok.
A minute more I'm out the door and the boy (boys) can have what's left in the bottle.