Nature Boys
Screwboys
Solid
Sphinx Restaurant & Bar air con
Tawan
Telephone Pub air-com & Restaurant

ELSEWHERE
Circle Pub Chiang Mai

.................................................. .............

SMOKING ALLOWED AT;

PATTAYA

Birdcage Garden
Bodylanguage ILL
Boyz Boyz Boyz Terrace
Cafe Royale Terrace
Come In
Dick's Cafe Terrace
Dream Boys ILL
Dynamite ILL
Krazy Dragon ILL
Manhattans Bar ILL making outside smoking area
Mata Hari Bar? outside tables
Oscars ILL
Star Boys ILL
Sunee Plaza Bar- green chairs
Throb/Splash Terrace
Uniform ILL
Xray ILL

BANGKOK

Balcony Pub Terrace
Banana Bar
Dick's Cafe Terrace
GOD, ILL
Telephone Pub Terrace
Sphinx Terrace

ILL = appears to contravene the new law 11th February
? = situation uncertain reports vary.

Please post information of other establishments and I will keep this updated

Whisteblower HOTLINE: 02 590 3342 (24 hrs)

catawampuscat
February 15th, 2008, 13:16
wowpow, please cut and paste this list on all the gaythailand websites and forums..
perhaps, even some of those who plagiarize your postings can do the same..
get the message out and boycott the bars that pollute and violate our right to breathe free and clean air..

Wouldn't it be great if the cigarette smokers all boycotted the bars that banned tobacco smoking!!
Oh! one can dream, can't they...

By the way, I would happily endorse the death penalty for cigar and pipe smokers in a/c bars and restaurants.
Maybe a bit over the top but how about a million baht fine !! :cat:

February 15th, 2008, 13:30
Jimm Jimmy James in Sunee is enforcing the ban. It even has no smoking signs written in both Thai and English posted in every drink tray. I like wowpows idea of posting those that are and are not enforcing the ban

February 15th, 2008, 14:58
DELETED

bigben
February 15th, 2008, 20:34
I think it will be very interesting to see how all this turns out with the smoking ban and some bars providing a smoking area and some bars not.

One of the first things I see happening is smokers who normally would relax having 2 or 3 drinks will only buy 1 and leave.

Another is the smoking areas will be more fun because smokers will be laughing with all the boys who will join the customers for a smoke.

But we really don't need to get our pantys in a knot just yet as the enforcement action by the smoking police won't happen for at least 3 months.

Dollars to donuts, owners who are enforcing it now without providing a smoking area will see the drop in customers very soon.

Yes it will interesting in 3 months to see if Thailand will get on board with the political correctness of the western world.

I doubt it but I have been wrong before and I am sure it won't be the last time.

February 15th, 2008, 21:36
Perhaps allow smoking in some bars?

Despite bigben's lighthearted view of the situation which kills hundreds of thousands, I have no great objection to a few bars being permitted smoking on the premises perhaps licensed by the local authority and preferably attached to a hospice with a crematorium nearby.

I don't see a problem with people wanting to put themselves in danger or mortal peril such as extreme sports or indeed uthanasia. The crunch is when they damage those around them, e.g.fellow customers and bar staff. I wonder though is it moral to allow addicts to indulge their vice until it kills them?

I was interested to read on one forum that DJ Station and all the Silom Soi 2 bars have banned smoking. The street is now thronged with smokers and very unpleasant. There is very little air movement there and, if I remember correctly, there is a sort of roof over the soi.

February 15th, 2008, 22:01
That is in their lounge. I and a friend were sitting enjoying a drink when a group of 4 people came in and lit up. (the 2 women not the 2 men). Since they they were puffing smoke in our direction we went to our table. The dinner was fine as usual. We did ask the owner about why he allowed the people to smoke when the law had already been enacted.

He said that the city was not going to enforce the ban until April or May. My friend again said that the law is in place as of Feb.11.

I thought the bars not the police should be enforcing the law. But....

Anyway, he went on to say that they were making an outside smoking area.We could see thru the windows that they had set up a few tables out by the pool. It seemed they only needed table cloth and place settings. Interestingly though, he told us that the other place he is a partner in is Sportmans Bar which has been smoke free for 5 or 6 months because the girls complained that it was hard to work there with all the smoke....low ceiling and all.

Hopehully they will get Manhattans smoke free soon or a sign put up for those thinking the bar is smoke free.

February 15th, 2008, 22:03
This all sounds like a replay of all the stale arguments, polluted logic, and smokey reasoning that I listened to when California went NO SMOKING. The net result was that within months the smokers were all standing outside smoking on "Smoking Patios"....and in a hurry to suck their cancer sticks down so that they could getback in to where the fun was. For some reason, which I don't pretend to understand, the smokers just didn't seem to enjoy standing around with each other blowing smoke.

Enjoy your last whine and indoor smoke boys.....

February 15th, 2008, 22:06
Why you not start the witchhunt against smokers already some years ago wowpow? You already finished fighting for free burma? By the way i am also non-smoker (unless some cocks). Seems you only want to be actual and jumping from event to event. Every barowner must have the freedom to decide himself!! I dont must go there when i not like the smokers. At any time we will suffocate from the big "freedom" coming from the west.

February 15th, 2008, 22:26
Having had a superb Valentines dinner at Mata Hari last night with Noom and two other couples who are good friends, I can confirm that Mata Hari is now completely smoke free. On asking Louis why smoking in his front bar seperated from the restaurant was not allowed as it had been previously, especially as the new law wasn't being enforced for another couple of months and for the time being they were only going to issue warnings, his reply to me was:

"The no smoking law is something that everyone is going to have to get used to sooner or later. We therefore decided to go with the ban from now. That way when it is enforced, everyone will be used to it here at Mata Hari, whilst those choosing not to initiate the ban at present, will still have to deal with it and do so when it actually becomes law".

Louis does provide a table and chairs outside the restaurant for those wishing to have a puff in between courses. It took me back to the days of the old Mata Hari when it used to be located on second road and was a no smoking restaurant, even before there were any no smoking laws.

Thanks for a great night which was enjoyed by all of my company, as was the superb as always cuisine and the great wines. Choc Dee Louis, you are still the master restaurateur who sets the standards for the others to follow and you are in my opinion, second to none.

George.

globalwanderer
February 16th, 2008, 01:17
sorry to say Crystal seems to be relaxing the ban, if you spend enough on drinks!

thrillbill
February 16th, 2008, 01:42
My friend and I were at Boyz Boyz Boyz Friday night and no one was smoking inside...what a big difference being able to breath and walk out without the smoke on ones clothes. Of course the waiters like it also. At Xray tonight and (of course) that trap allowed it...I imagine because of all the young cliental there that feel it is part of the "image."

February 16th, 2008, 02:10
... on the BBC website, they want to introduce a ┬г10 licence fee in the UK for each person to smoke or probably buy cigarettes ... what next!

jvt22222
February 16th, 2008, 07:48
........ Funny Boys in Boyz Town .......... sooooooooo refreshing not to have to deal with the 2nd hand smoke ......... cannot imagine how the 2nd hand smoke has affected the respiratory system of the boys that have worked long term in the bars and don't smoke themselves.

Although I cannot speak from 1st hand experience ........... guys that have gone there since 11 February say the X-Ray can be added to the NO SMOKING list.

February 16th, 2008, 08:32
I have reports - last Wednesday - that Xray is permitting smoking.

painai2
February 16th, 2008, 08:36
Last night, I visited Abomb, still lots of smokers. They said they will be enforcing the no smoking rule, just not quite yet. Didn't keep the customers away though. From there, my Thai friend and I went to a
Thai club with live music near Big C. Even though there were signs saying the rule is no smoking as of Feb. 11 I saw Smokers were everywhere, including my companion--no problem with smoking. I have heard the police won't be enforcing the rule until later this month, and fines not until June.

February 16th, 2008, 11:29
I'm going to Bangkok tonight.
I just got off the phone with a mate who lives there.
Many gogo bars still allow smoking.
DJ allows smoking on the top floor.
In GOD you can smoke anywhere.

I'll let the board know where we still have Freedom of Choice

February 16th, 2008, 14:57
Well said George although you are a heavy smoker you tolerate the non-smoking house rule which is now imposed at Mata Hari.
There is a table outside now for smokers.

Could the Thai Authorities (which seem to be looking into everything now as in the UK ) try to curtail the excessive exhaust fumes which make Bangkok and Pattaya intolerable at times?
Once we solve that problem our air here might be even sweeter.

February 16th, 2008, 19:41
Well said George although you are a heavy smoker you tolerate the non-smoking house rule which is now imposed at Mata Hari.
There is a table outside now for smokers.

Could the Thai Authorities (which seem to be looking into everything now as in the UK ) try to curtail the excessive exhaust fumes which make Bangkok and Pattaya intolerable at times?
Once we solve that problem our air here might be even sweeter.

Hi,

Now you are ASKING them to work,and impose a sensible law, are you new to Thailand???

sjaak327
February 16th, 2008, 20:03
Perhaps allow smoking in some bars?

Despite bigben's lighthearted view of the situation which kills hundreds of thousands, I have no great objection to a few bars being permitted smoking on the premises perhaps licensed by the local authority and preferably attached to a hospice with a crematorium nearby.

I don't see a problem with people wanting to put themselves in danger or mortal peril such as extreme sports or indeed uthanasia. The crunch is when they damage those around them, e.g.fellow customers and bar staff. I wonder though is it moral to allow addicts to indulge their vice until it kills them?

I was interested to read on one forum that DJ Station and all the Silom Soi 2 bars have banned smoking. The street is now thronged with smokers and very unpleasant. There is very little air movement there and, if I remember correctly, there is a sort of roof over the soi.

Well, that's the whole point, the government (any government) should not interfere with private businesses. If someone runs a bar, I would think it is up to the business owner how he/she wants to run the place. If a business is smoking and another isn't, there is ample choice for any individual to decide to which bar he wants to go. A smoker would probably want to go to a bar where smoking is allowed, and a non smoker would choose the opposite.

The non smokers are almost everywhere protected from smoking already, so there is really no need for this.

Indeed there is some kind of roof over silom soi 2, but quite frankly, I wouldn't worry about the smokers there, I'm sure the exhaust fumes of the cars will do much more damage, and this applies all over Bangkok. That's why I can only laugh at the clean air people, they obviously have no clue.

catawampuscat
February 16th, 2008, 22:14
Happy to report Happy Boys in Pattaya, a non smoking bar with signs and no ashtrays, at least downstairs.. Lots of hot boys and worth a visit.

Surprised to see ? Question Mark Bar Beer in Jomtien Complex also a non- smoking bar with signs and no ashtrays.. This is an open air beer bar
and it is a pleasure to add this friendly bar full of hosts/boys to the list of bars coati will find he has no choice and no freedom to pollute and poison
the rest of us.. :cat:

February 17th, 2008, 08:09
e-mail from Balcony Pub

"Dear Balcony Member,
As many of you know, the law has changed recently and since Monday 11 February 2008 smoking is no longer allowed inside the air-conditioned bar and restaurant area or in the karaoke upstairs. The no smoking areas are now well signed so you should not have any problems knowing where you can and cannot smoke. These rules are now being applied in all Silom Soi 4 venues.
Smoking is still permitted on our fan cooled terraces so smokers who like to sit in the air-conditioned areas are asked to walk the few yards to the outside tables before lighting up. The staff will be happy to assist you to any vacant outside tables. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards

The Management and Staff
The Balcony
86-88 Silom Soi 4
Bangkok 10500

www.balconypub.com (http://www.balconypub.com)"

TOQ
February 17th, 2008, 12:12
I was in Sunee Plaza last night.. The three bars I went into allowed smoking. Sunee Plaza Bar ( Green Chairs), Come In and Uniform.

Left one bar when a cigar was lit..

john

atri1666
February 17th, 2008, 13:28
I was in Sunee Plaza last night.. The three bars I went into allowed smoking. Sunee Plaza Bar ( Green Chairs), Come In and Uniform.
Left one bar when a cigar was lit..
john

Can not remember there is air condition? Why they should not allow smoking as open air bars ?

February 17th, 2008, 17:55
You may add to the list the following enforcing Non Smoking ...Montys Jomtien and Look Bar Pattaya.

You may also add to theose that allow smoking,TOPMAN. Yes, Topman.There was a guy allowed to smoke there on Thursday last at about 00.40 following the show. He had tipped ALL the singers 100B and was pissed. He had a big Check Bin , but WAS allowed to smoke. The resultant debris went all over the floor and one of the waiters was even sitiing with him. SHAME on them
G

February 17th, 2008, 20:05
"one of the waiters was even sitiing with him SHAME on them"

huh? are you born at another planet? where the money is, they will sit next to you smoking or not smoking. Crazy farang.

dave_tf-old
February 17th, 2008, 20:12

Be careful...some of these missionaries will be punching the hotline number with their waggly fingers from where they sit.

February 17th, 2008, 20:25

Be careful...some of these missionaries will be punching the hotline number with their waggly fingers from where they sit.

Yes we all have to get used to those small nazis. Why the hell do they not go to a smokingfree bar, it seems there are lot of them. Instead they make big noize about the few left bars where it is allowed. They can not even wait untill "the system" will be enforced. Call that number xxxxx and give hime a fine. They are full of hate to people that dom't live their kind of life. Please move on, why make a big fuss if the rules will be forced on f27 or m23. Get a life.
BTW dont breath in Silom Road, I will support if you want to bann any car driving into any city, especially Bangkok

Jetsam
February 17th, 2008, 20:32
wouldn't worry about the smokers there, I'm sure the exhaust fumes of the cars will do much more damage, and this applies all over Bangkok. That's why I can only laugh at the clean air people, they obviously have no clue.

very well said

February 17th, 2008, 22:08
Afraid mates that this anti-smokin campaign is gettin way outa hand. Just the other night mamasans in bangkok bars were equippin themselves with chinese backscratchers in order to discipline people they discovered smokin.

First unlucky target was an aging farang who was smokin a boy at a back table. He got slammed on the back of his head causin his uppers to go flyin. Poor bloke had to offer a 300 baht reward to first boy to find them on the sticky floor.

got so bad that the mates are walkin around babylon wearing motocy helmets.

Soon ya wont be able to smoke someone in hotel rooms because enforcers will install closed circuit tv. Them do-gooders are ruinin a good thing for us all.

whole thing is spellin big trouble for the tops and them who likes smokin em.

February 17th, 2008, 22:13
Soon smokers will have to wear special stars on clothing.......

catawampuscat
February 17th, 2008, 23:03
Happily, wowpow can add Sawatdee Boys on Pattayaland Soi 1 to the NON- Smoking Bar bar list..
The doorman said no smoking in bar and it was true.. Reasonable number of boys and worth a look now
that the no smoking policy is in effect and the music is no longer ear shattering..
Across the soi, Lucky 7 Boys also no one smoking and believe me everyone notices if someone lights up..
The bar was busy and no ashtrays, no smoking!! :cat:

don't worry about wearing special clothes peter48, we can smell the smokers now that the air is clean..
Setting up camps for smokers might be a good idea thou.... (hint: just playing with peter)

February 17th, 2008, 23:09
Soon smokers will have to wear special stars on clothing.......

It's not about discriminating smokers, they may smoke as much and as often as they want to – the thing is that the smoke they release in small bar rooms harms and compromises substantially the health and well-being of other people in the same room who wish to breathe normally.

bigben
February 17th, 2008, 23:18
I agree smoking in closed quarters is annoying, but don't you goodie two shoes pompus asses have anything

better to do than scampering the local bars and reporting back here? I'm sure your mommies would be so

proud of you.

For Christs sake get a life!

dave_tf-old
February 17th, 2008, 23:19
...worth a look now
that the no smoking policy is in effect and the music is no longer ear shattering...

Doubly delightful! Not only can the looks of indignation be seen clearer in the smoke-free air, but the sounds of 'tsk-tsk' and the clucking of mother hens can be heard above the din. Exceeding great joy!

February 17th, 2008, 23:42
I am myself nonsmoker but i dont need witchhunt - i decide where i go or not. I dont need lists of bars - i know the most bars in thailand since 20 years.

February 17th, 2008, 23:54
all your people with hate to smokers.....don't walk, never in the streets of Bangkok, especially during rush hour. Don't open your window. Never. I am sure it hurt your healt everyday more than going to a bar 2 or 3 days a week, where smokning is allowded. Don't use a tuktuk for heavens sake, never take a taxi or your own cab. The pollution in Bangkok, even if they are doing a great job against it, made my white t-shirt grey after 2 hours walkning, maybe my t-shirt smelled of smoke when I was in a bar, but it never became grey. Please guys what is worst, the polution from the tuktuk and cars, everyday or the cigarettes?Dont drive, dont drink, dont fuck, dont smoke.
I know there are stastistics, but my grandmother was a heavy smoker all here life and died when she was 92, my best friend who live healthy got an heartattach when he was 42 and was in fact clinical dead.
Apples or oranges?

February 17th, 2008, 23:55
I am myself nonsmoker but i dont need witchhunt - i decide where i go or not. I dont need lists of bars - i know the most bars in thailand since 20 years.

If you don't need any lists of non-smoking bars and if you are in the know where you want to go – just disregard this thread. It's as simple as that. Your "witch hunting" argument, however, is just absurd.

February 18th, 2008, 00:16
beginning to think you list people are right on now that i understand your argument. it's the principle of the thing it is but i don't think just postin a list will be effective enough. what you need is direct action that sends a message and i'm suggestin a form of sharia law retribution.

if someone gets caught smokin they should be dragged out to the soi and have their lungs pulled out of their chests.

stop molly coddlyin these sinners

February 18th, 2008, 03:47
beginning to think you list people are right on now that i understand your argument. it's the principle of the thing it is but i don't think just postin a list will be effective enough. what you need is direct action that sends a message and i'm suggestin a form of sharia law retribution.

if someone gets caught smokin they should be dragged out to the soi and have their lungs pulled out of their chests.

Absolutely agree,

Then we should go around drag their mothers out of their houses and stone them for not teaching their kids better!

February 18th, 2008, 04:48
thats the spirit mate. we wont be takin any prisoners this time. dont want to hear none of that the devil made me do it crap either.

by the way i have a report that a table of inconsiderate blokes was smokin inside balcony bar saturday night. guess they didnt get the email.

thaiworthy-old
February 18th, 2008, 05:18
all your people with hate to smokers.....Please guys what is worst, the polution from the tuktuk and cars, everyday or the cigarettes?Dont drive, dont drink, dont fuck, dont smoke.

The law isn't about air pollution, it's about smoking in bars. Otherwise, you may have to add one more to your list of don'ts. Don't post.

catawampuscat
February 18th, 2008, 08:03
The twisted logic debate will continue but the battle is won and while the war goes on,
the tide has turned on
the smokers of tobacco in public places with air conditioning.

Sure, there is air pollution in big cities and other unhealthful conditions exist, but only one using twisted logic
would push the idea that since pollution exists, smoking in public places should also exist..

Two wrongs don't make it right but it sure becomes my right when I am poisoned by inconsiderate addicts
and selfish people who really don't care about anyone but their own need to suckle on the nipple and blow
out dirty hot air..

Smoking is bad and so are other things but we now have the smoking problem solved and only pussies
will enter a bar with a haze of tobacco smoke and only pussies will sit there while the smokers ruin our fun and stink up
our clothing with their filthy habit.. Fight for the right to breathe clean fresh air from those who will make you sick... :cat:

atri1666
February 18th, 2008, 08:11

If you don't need any lists of non-smoking bars and if you are in the know where you want to go тАУ just disregard this thread. It's as simple as that. Your "witch hunting" argument, however, is just absurd.

Absurd? > Sure!! And Mc Carthy was loving the communists

dab69
February 18th, 2008, 08:25
why would anyone care if an open air terrace was smoking or nonsmoking.
god with all the sissies here i am about to take up smoking again.

February 18th, 2008, 09:22
why would anyone care if an open air terrace was smoking or nonsmoking.
god with all the sissies here i am about to take up smoking again.

I think it is all because of political correctness. We have a situation in the world, where the words CONTROL and RULES are so dammed popular. It reminds me of a situation, where I was smoking outside waiting for a bus. There was this lady looking at me like I was a plague, she shaked her head, looking at me that I was the Devil and was going to say something like that I polluted HER air, until a diesel truck send a lot of black pollution just into her face, with her mouth open. Very comic┬┤situation. With my cigarette in my hand, I asked her if we should not forbid these kind of cars. Her answers were "no, my husband drive a car like this" There a hypocrites allover the world. Okay we can make a deal, I will make a deal. I will stop smoking, when all you anti smoking people stop driving any kind of car, taxi, tuk tuk or motorbike, and in fact start to fight against the pollution factories. I know there is a law but if it was up to you I am sure it should also being forbidden to smoke in open air anywhere.

Smiles
February 18th, 2008, 10:31
Gee ... 46 six replies now over 4 pages.

Time to lock the thread! (Good a reason as any, eh jinks)

Cheers ...

February 18th, 2008, 20:36
I never learn to shut up!

jinks
February 18th, 2008, 23:18
even if from a cigar smoker.

Only at Christmas and New Year.

This year you will be safe for Christmas unless you too are invited "up county"

Agk and I will be enjoying a cigar or 3.

The other tabaccophobes beware during the New Year celebrations I will be in Pattaya and Jomtien.

February 18th, 2008, 23:22
Oh my god wowpow lets return to fight for free burma or start new lists to cheat bar-owners

catawampuscat
February 18th, 2008, 23:36
Krazy Dragon, even the boss was smoking cigarettes tonite as well as several others.
Frankly, not too annoying with only one or two cigarettes but there should be no doubt it is a smoking-tolerant bar..

:cat:

Jetsam
February 19th, 2008, 00:18
[u]no doubt it is a smoking-tolerant bar..

:cat:

Great news, tnx

February 19th, 2008, 00:34
got a double whammy to report mates. there was a bar boy smoking a fag while being smoked by a fag on soi 2 last night. in the name of all thats decent, we need to rise up and seize the day. get your brown shirts outa the closet. will be notifying everyone where to assemble. check your gooseberry for messages.

dave_tf-old
February 19th, 2008, 00:37
Gee ... 46 six replies now over 4 pages.

Time to lock the thread! (Good a reason as any, eh jinks)

Cheers ...

Good God no! Catty's already wished us a happy emphysema and my doctor said its good to laugh.

Anything that has to do with Cattawampus's shirt is of concern to us all, I believe.

dab69
February 19th, 2008, 00:45
02-690-3242

yeahsureright cops will swoop down in seconds and fine the
perpetrators a lousy 2000bt big deal even if true
get a life moron loser

February 19th, 2008, 02:14
I still call it long out of the way to call the famous number, if someone take a blow. We have seen it to much in the history of human beings, when people are using the authorities, if they get offended. It is a fascist way of thinking. We have seen it in the Soviet, East Germany and China.
I like the way people react on the anti smoking mafia. Not because we can do anything against the law, but because of the hate against people living another life. It is in the words.
I can just see it, a sissy guy call the cops telling them he can smell someone is smoking. How pathetic. Screaming "oh my god come and help me, come and get him a fine of 2000 or 20000". I am sure they have more bigger problems to deal with, murder, so called suicide, fights in the walking street of Pattaya.
Now in the US and Europe, if people get offended because of a picture or theater play, they play the game...close it down.
For the record I have no problems with my friends ask me to stay at the windows at
their apartments., when I want to take the unhealthy smoke into my lungs. It is the tone in this debate that make me wondering where the world is going.
rules, rules all the way.
BTW Noom Lex, I hope for your safety you will never drive your car into a bar, you could hurt yourself.
Peace. :cheese:

February 19th, 2008, 04:47
02-590-3342

get a life moron loser

He wouldn't have the first idea how to or where to start looking for one, believe me.

By the way dab69, Noom Lex is another one of those recent influx of "newbies," that have joined the forum of late, thought you may have known that? It doesn't take a genius to work out who he is. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

George.

February 19th, 2008, 04:51
BTW Noom Lex, I hope for your safety you will never drive your car into a bar, you could hurt yourself. Peace. :cheese:

He would have a lot more chance of getting his car through the doors of a bar, than he would his ego. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

George

February 20th, 2008, 16:17
I am advised that A-Bomb have joined the No Smoking bars.

I am curious why it has been such a big success so soon even though fine are not to be levied until June. Maybe it's seeing customers look in smell the stale tobacco and leave without buying a drink? Now there are plenty of places with a clean atmosphere.

atri1666
February 20th, 2008, 17:02
Super so we will have in future plenty of empty places with a clean atmosphere for us nonsmokers.

jinks
February 20th, 2008, 19:05
wowpow sorry for the now deleted intrution.

I hope that all of you don't experience what I did on my first visit to a "no smoking" bar in the UK.

All I could smell was the great unwashed multitude.
I had to go outside to clear my nostrils.

catawampuscat
February 20th, 2008, 23:31
Confirmation of no tobacco smoking at A-Bomb.
Lots and lots of hot guys and without the tobacco addicts to foul the air, A-Bomb is a fun bar to visit again.. :cheers:

Tai Boys on Pattayaland soi 1 also no smoking, no ashtrays and clean air. :cheers:

Next door to Tai Boys is Star Boys.. We questioned the doorman about smoking and he told us no problem.
You can smoke here.. I told him "wrong answer" and they lost our custom and made the boycott until compliance list..
I saw the doorman talk to the Thai boss, so he knows the cost of polluting the air and sickening his staff and customers with
non compliance.. :cherry:

Advise to those who want tobacco smoke free environment when bar hopping.. Ask the doorman as if you want to smoke cigarettes.
Look for ashtrays and look around to see if you see anyone smoking.. If you do see smoking or advised smoking is OK, let them
know why they lost your business..

Great idea to maintain a list, wowpow and fun to see the tobacco smokers suffering for a change instead of the non-smokers having
to inhale their filth and abide with their disgusting habits.. choke on it tobacco smokers, your days are numbered but you will burn in
purgatory for your abusive past unless you straighten out and stop the madness.. This oughta burn a hole in someones tender ass.... :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
February 21st, 2008, 00:30
I just got in from Soi Twilight and I hear that all the go-go's are smoke free on the soi. That open cafe/bar as you enter the soi, Bananas, was packed with smokers, I have never seen so many people there. Dick's Cafe, no smoking inside but on the terrace smokers filled every table until just after midnight.

I walked by Screw boys and spoke to one of the door boys and he said no smoking and open to 3am. I then walked over by Super A, Nature Boy's, Golden Cock and A-go-go and when I asked if there was smoking at these places, they just assumed I mean sa-moking and assumed the position.

I did not check out Jupiter, Tawan or My Way. I am still hearing reports that DJ and GOD are still allowing smoking.

lonelywombat
February 21st, 2008, 05:54
Advise to those who want tobacco smoke free environment when bar hopping.. Ask the doorman as if you want to smoke cigarettes.
Look for ashtrays and look around to see if you see anyone smoking.. If you do see smoking or advised smoking is OK, let them
know why they lost your business..

Excellent suggestion, and just another reason why the ban will work. I did the same thing in the early days of the restaurant no-smoking ban.
There are enough people who feel strongly enough about the no-smoking policy, though, to make a real difference.

I had always thought of smoking equals throat and lung cancer. Recently I became aware of a young man who worked in bars since he was still at high school.

HE HAS BEEN DIAGONIZED AS COPD [chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]

I went to google to find out more as the stories about his circumstances, whilst still in his 30's, was alarming

For smokers and non smokers might I commend this link

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Dis ... auses.html (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/Copd/Copd_Causes.html)

He is on longterm bronchodilators and maybe for the rest of his life
This is cut and paste from the link

Bronchodilators

Your doctor may recommend medicines called bronchodilators that work by relaxing the muscles around your airways. This type of medicine helps to open your airways quickly and make breathing easier. Bronchodilators can be either short acting or long acting.

* Short-acting bronchodilators last about 4 to 6 hours and are used only when needed.
* Long-acting bronchodilators last about 12 hours or more and are used every day.

Most bronchodilator medicines are inhaled, so they go directly into your lungs where they are needed. There are many kinds of inhalers, and it is important to know how to use your inhaler correctly.

If you have mild COPD, your doctor may recommend that you use a short-acting bronchodilator. You then will use the inhaler only when needed.

If you have moderate or severe COPD, your doctor may recommend regular treatment with one or more inhaled bronchodilators. You may be told to use one long-acting bronchodilator. Some people may need to use a long-acting bronchodilator and a short-acting bronchodilator. This is called combination therapyl

February 21st, 2008, 09:03
i have a list...

February 21st, 2008, 11:14

Absolutely agree,

Then we should go around drag their mothers out of their houses and stone them for not teaching their kids better!

And then we'll castrate the fathers and leave them with the open wounds bleeding to death, because they fucked the women who brought all these smokers on this earth....................................but what to do, with the people who will be found with their burned and blistered lips around the exhaust of a 30 year old diesel truck in the heart of Bangkok.

February 21st, 2008, 11:18
Looks like the doormen will be having a lot more fun than usual with all the puffer poofters lurking outisde.

Wonder how many of the boys will venture out in their skimpys if inside is quiet.

February 21st, 2008, 11:24
I wonder what will happen to the Middle Eastern 'Hooker' (Hookah?) pipes I see being smoked around Soi VC. There was a big to-do when these were banned indoors in the UK

February 21st, 2008, 16:21
Butterfly Karaoke - no smoking

catawampuscat
February 21st, 2008, 22:09
Dream Boys was open tonite without alcohol and had 9 boys on the stage.. It was fine and smoke free until a group of
three entered with unlit cigarattes.. It looked like they were headed outside to smoke and then returned a moment later
to light up and an ashtray was provided.. Bad move and the Thai boss was totally uninterested when the smoking was
commented on to him by my friend.. Bad move and on my own boycott list until compliance..

For those interested in go go boy bars, Handy Boys closed a few days ago for good.. :cat:

February 21st, 2008, 23:47
Looks like the doormen will be having a lot more fun than usual with all the puffer poofters lurking outisde.

Wonder how many of the boys will venture out in their skimpys if inside is quiet.

Everyone wants to be a doorman now, bollocks to all this dancing around in underwear, all the action and the money is outside the bar now!

dave_tf-old
February 22nd, 2008, 02:21
Being a gentleman, my own plan is to forego smoking in bars and take up chewing tobacco. With a little practice--and from greater distance--I should be able to ruin the shirts of anyone I see who might be turning a little Goebbels.

dab69
February 22nd, 2008, 05:44

Everyone wants to be a doorman now, bollocks to all this dancing around in underwear, all the action and the money is outside the bar now!

look at all the whiners they can get inside...

lonelywombat
February 22nd, 2008, 07:23
Being a gentleman, my own plan is to forego smoking in bars and take up chewing tobacco. With a little practice--and from greater distance--I should be able to ruin the shirts of anyone I see who might be turning a little Goebbels.

Maybe this is the solution from todays emerging news. I think it would be a good reaction to chewing tobacco spitters

Now that's how you put out a ciggie
Article from: Reuters

From correspondents in Berlin, Germany

February 22, 2008 08:13am

A VIRULENT anti-smoker in Germany was so angry when his girlfriend lit up he emptied a fire extinguisher to put out the cigarette, caking her and their apartment in powder.

"My colleagues said it looked like a bomb had gone off in there," said a spokesman for police in the western city of Bielefeld. "He managed to put the cigarette out though."

After the woman ignored his request not to smoke, the 42-year-old sprayed the contents of the extinguisher all around the flat shouting abuse, police said.

"He said he wasn't bothered by the damage it caused," the spokesman said. "And that he's through with his girlfriend."

catawampuscat
February 22nd, 2008, 22:57
Get Top Man off your no smoking list..
Top Man was one of the few go go boy bars open in Sunee Plaza tonite and
quite full of boys/guys and customers.. Many boys from closed bars were dancing and it was the first time in a very long
time for anyone to go to Top Man besides seeing a show..
No body was smoking until a cadaverous French man entered and was seated right in front of my party ..One of my friends
mentioned that the skeleton man was a chain smoker and sure enough even before he sat down, Lou Lou rushed over with a big glass
ashtray.

This poster was very loud about no smoking but Lou Lou held up one finger which I assumed meant only one customer would smoke
cigarettes or maybe one minute but as far as I was concerned he held up his middle finger to all the boys, the staff and all the customers
and told us all "Fuck you, eat shit and die". I refused to sit there and my party got up and loudly left.. My middle finger was active but
the poster boy for lung cancer and emphysema couldn't give a shit.. The chain smoker looked like he has a few cartons left on his time
clock of life but I am sure he will be smoking in the iron lung..

Lou Lou when confronted, said the law would not be enforced for a few months and since this is not the issue, he dodged it..
He sees no problem inflecting the "dead man walkings" poisoning the air for many people to satisfy a good customer.. No doubt
he is a buyer of what Lou Lou is known for.

This is an eyewitness account and you can ask Lou Lou about the loud mouthed "hot" guy with the middle finger in the air.. Well, hot in
my own mind anyway and if you reached this far, you deserved a chuckle... :cat:

February 23rd, 2008, 00:04
"Lou Lou when confronted, said the law would not be enforced for a few months"

The Thai authorities were trying to give owners a chance to let their customers know BEFORE they and the bar are fined that the new law is "No smoking". It certainly didn't intend for owners to say."Oh it is OK to smoke now as though the law is not in effect. Some owners are certainly taking advantage as though the law does not come into effect for a few months. In my opinion, it is too bad the Thai authorities tried to be reasonable.

Nice going Cat. I wonder what would happen if people walked out without paying their bill? The owner would call the police????

February 23rd, 2008, 10:27
...A VIRULENT anti-smoker in Germany was so angry when his girlfriend lit up he emptied a fire extinguisher to put out the cigarette, caking her and their apartment in powder.

Reminds me of a guy I knew of in San Francisco. When the city went "smokeless" he got pissed off once in a bar with a guy who lit up.
He threw his drink into the smoker's face.
Got a Black Eye for his trouble AND 86'd from the bar.

February 23rd, 2008, 16:01
Top Man was one of the few go go boy bars open in Sunee Plaza tonite and
quite full of boys/guys and customers.. Many boys from closed bars were dancing and it was the first time in a very long
time for anyone to go to Top Man besides seeing a show..
No body was smoking until a cadaverous French man entered and was seated right in front of my party ..One of my friends
mentioned that the skeleton man was a chain smoker and sure enough even before he sat down, Lou Lou rushed over with a big glass
ashtray.

This poster was very loud about no smoking but Lou Lou held up one finger which I assumed meant only one customer would smoke
cigarettes or maybe one minute but as far as I was concerned he held up his middle finger to all the boys, the staff and all the customers
and told us all "Fuck you, eat shit and die". I refused to sit there and my party got up and loudly left.. My middle finger was active but
the poster boy for lung cancer and emphysema couldn't give a shit.. The chain smoker looked like he has a few cartons left on his time
clock of life but I am sure he will be smoking in the iron lung..

Lou Lou when confronted, said the law would not be enforced for a few months and since this is not the issue, he dodged it..
He sees no problem inflecting the "dead man walkings" poisoning the air for many people to satisfy a good customer.. No doubt
he is a buyer of what Lou Lou is known for.

This is an eyewitness account and you can ask Lou Lou about the loud mouthed "hot" guy with the middle finger in the air.. Well, hot in
my own mind anyway and if you reached this far, you deserved a chuckle... :cat:

This post can be be very short, you are a Drama Queen. Why don't you relax a littlebitt, and give it the time to be enforced. "This poster was very loud about no smoking", oh dear who lost his face? I think you. he he

February 23rd, 2008, 20:47
I think that it is just a matter of time before a/c bars which are willing to break the rules and oblige a rich addict, for a short time profit, notice that groups of others leave now that there are alternatives.

dab69
February 24th, 2008, 01:11
Top Man was one of the few go go boy bars open in Sunee Plaza ...

and if you reached this far, you deserved a chuckle... :cat:

no I want my 90 seconds of life back
lost from reading your whiney thread

February 24th, 2008, 04:03
Dream Boys was open tonite without alcohol and had 9 boys on the stage.. It was fine and smoke free until a group of
three entered with unlit cigarattes.. It looked like they were headed outside to smoke and then returned a moment later
to light up and an ashtray was provided.. Bad move and the Thai boss was totally uninterested when the smoking was
commented on to him by my friend.. Bad move and on my own boycott list until compliance..

For those interested in go go boy bars, Handy Boys closed a few days ago for good.. :cat:

Dear Cat,

Nothing to do with smoking although I was with two people today at Googies ,who informed me that all those bars will be closing from Pussy Galore upwards towards second road, on the right side that includes Handy, Dynamite etc etc and the reason given is the owner/landlord wishes to convert to a Hotel.

These two guys who told me live here, get around all the bars, and are well informed.

dab69
February 24th, 2008, 06:54
[quote="Noom Lex":3qsm2o3q]02-580-3142

get a life moron loser

20,000 baht to the bar owner is not a small deal. This law will be enforced, so get used to it.[/quote:3qsm2o3q]

would hate to be seen calling it in

February 24th, 2008, 08:47
....all those bars will be closing from Pussy Galore upwards towards second road....

Oh No NO! I don't believe they actually have a bar named "Pussy Galore"! That was bad enough in Goldfinger.

Oh where, oh where is Mike Myers when you need him!

On this last trip to Phuket we took a trip to "James Bond Island" in Phang Na Bay. On the way (and back) the tour bus showed the ENTIRETY of the movie "The Man With the Golden Gun".
Now I admit to being one of the GREATEST James Bond fanatics on the planet but that has got to be the 2nd worst movie in the series (the worst being "On Her Majesty's Secret Service")

Still, Phang Na bay was worth the torture....

thaiworthy-old
February 24th, 2008, 08:58
On this last trip to Phuket we took a trip to "James Bond Island" in Phang Na Bay. On the way (and back) the tour bus showed the ENTIRETY of the movie "The Man With the Golden Gun".
Now I admit to being one of the GREATEST James Bond fanatics on the planet but that has got to be the 2nd worst movie in the series (the worst being "On Her Majesty's Secret Service")

Still, Phang Na bay was worth the torture....

Yes, I took that tour too. That place is so different than anyplace anyone could ever imagine. It's an alien world.

I too am a James Bond fanatic. But there is only ONE James Bond. And he is Sean Connery.

George Lazenby? I don't think so. And not Roger Moore either.

February 24th, 2008, 10:04
.....I too am a James Bond fanatic. But there is only ONE James Bond. And he is Sean Connery.

George Lazenby? I don't think so. And not Roger Moore either.

Oh I love you Thaiworthy.

Let's have babies.....

catawampuscat
February 24th, 2008, 11:13
kevin...
I also heard that Handy Boys and Lucky 777 were running out their leases and would be converted.. Handy Boys is already gone
by the way.. Earlier, one plan was to convert all three bars into one very large single bar under the Dynamite name but that was many months
ago..

Who would have believed that a pricey hotel would be built where pedos used to roam (Amigo, Diamond Pub and the little boy beer bar)
and who would be foolish enough to make that investment in Sunee Plaza..? Why not on Pattayaland Soi 1? Short time rooms would be a
good idea there. :cat:

Smiles
February 24th, 2008, 13:15
" ... And not Roger Moore either ... "
Hear hear. The LAST thing this degenerate world needs is an Etonian lady boy as James Bond.
The Gay Agenda dudes tried, and failed, on this one. :blackeye:

Cheers .... :cheers:

February 24th, 2008, 13:41
I was told by the owner's boyfriend that Dynamite Bar will move. The owner of the building is not renewing leases. I understand that other areas on the street were available and Dynamite will move into one of those.

Hopefully it will reopen as a non smoking bar

catawampuscat
February 24th, 2008, 15:59
This will be my final posting on this thread and hopefully this subject..

First, I want to congratulate the management at Boyz Boyz Boyz and the rest of the Boyztown Boy Go-Go bars for
strictly adhering to a NO SMOKING policy with big and prominent signs and a zero tolerance policy to tobacco smokers..
:cheers:

I have been thinking :idea: why I and others became such zealots over this issue and have made a realization which may or may
not be interest to those who think some of us have been heavy handed and neo-fascists over tobacco smoking in a/c bars..

Before the new law was put into effect, one could not make an issue out of smoking publicly, as it was legal. Now that it is
illegal but not yet enforced by the authorities to my satisfaction, I can vent against the vile inconsiderate assholes whom I
had to put up with before but do not have to anymore..

Now, smokers are committing illegal acts and bar owners that allow smoking are also committing illegal acts subject to large fines..
Now, I and others can express our revulsion and disgust over the behavior of drug addicts (nicotine is a drug) and we
now have the law behind us..

So, shout it out and don't take it anymore..
It is illegal behavior and anti-social and if you just sit there and do nothing, I have no respect for you
but if you stand up and point and shout and demand the fucking smoking stops, you will feel better
about yourself and maybe if enough do so, the tide will turn even faster than waiting for the enforcement to start... :cat:

February 24th, 2008, 16:49
I wonder why Cat you are so vociferous on this matter, hiding behind your upholding the law?

What gives you the right to laud the management of go go bars for upholding one law when blatantly breaking others?

Last time I looked, activities like pimping and running a brothel were illegal in Thailand, just as illegal as smoking in a bar.

The only reason I can think of that you are not posting wildly about the the law breakers is that you enjoy the (illegal) service they provide.

Anyway, at least you have posted your last on thisone(or have you?)

jomtien
February 24th, 2008, 20:55
This will be my final posting on this thread and hopefully this subject.

Before the new law was put into effect, one could not make an issue out of smoking publicly, as it was legal. Now that it is
illegal but not yet enforced by the authorities to my satisfaction, I can vent against the vile inconsiderate assholes whom I
had to put up with before but do not have to anymore..

Don't be modest. You bellowed, whined and moaned plenty before.

But if you stand up and point and shout and demand the fucking smoking stops, you will feel better
about yourself

Perhaps you could do a bar tour with the pointing and shouting. One where you announce the dates beforehand. I'd hate to miss the next show, having heard such glowing reviews of the first!

sjaak327
February 24th, 2008, 22:50
I wonder why Cat you are so vociferous on this matter, hiding behind your upholding the law?

What gives you the right to laud the management of go go bars for upholding one law when blatantly breaking others?

Last time I looked, activities like pimping and running a brothel were illegal in Thailand, just as illegal as smoking in a bar.

The only reason I can think of that you are not posting wildly about the the law breakers is that you enjoy the (illegal) service they provide.

Anyway, at least you have posted your last on thisone(or have you?)

This post really made me laugh, indeed highly illegal things going on in the brothels of Pattaya and Bangkok, I guess some laws are more important then others :)

February 25th, 2008, 10:20
My room & minibar in pattaya will be smokers only!