PDA

View Full Version : karma-points

elephantspike
January 1st, 2006, 01:55
I just brought your karma up a bit. Don't worry, folks will warm-up to you. I think some people maybe getting the wrong idea about you because that cute European accent of yours reminds them of someone else who used to annoy the crap out of people on the previous board, but his accent was fake. Your's, I'm sure, is genuine. :D

elephantspike
January 1st, 2006, 09:57
There are only 2 administratorson this board, myself and jinks. There are no other moderators other than the 2 administrators. The way the karma feature works, no one, including administrators, can give karma points to themselves, but administrators can give others as many karma points as they wish to others without having to wait, so when I see that someone has an undeservedly low karma rating, I bring it up. I have done that for smiles, and also for you, LMTY. The karma feature they used to have on Dreaded Ned allowed only the administrators to award karma points. This is similar, but allows for some input by the membership.

January 1st, 2006, 16:29
Since we are allowed only one an hour, doesn't it seem that smites are a waste? Positive points might have an, overall, positive effect: what if Mrs Sydneys 230+ smites had been used, instead, to thank & encourage the deserving. Just a thought...after too many margaritas.
L.O.L.A.