PDA

View Full Version : A weekend in Bangkok

Brad the Impala
February 11th, 2008, 18:35
Just a few update notes.

I had previously recommended Future Boys as a regular and reliable haunt in Soi Pratuchai, despite not visiting for six months or more, and was told that it had gone downhill recently. These reports of a downhill slide are completely accurate. I visited on Friday and found the place a shadow of itself. 25% full only, poor performers, with more pancake than Shrove Tuesday! The Thai owner was still present, despite rumours that he has/is selling the place.

X Boys however was packed with an interesting selection of guys and the show lived up to it's X rating.

DJ Station was disappointing, being packed with Singaporean muscle mary's with attitude. Given the New Year, I should have guessed as much. The show was poor too.

Jupiter was completely packed, I reckoned 150 paying customers, and the show was as slick as ever, and more cock too! However still too many wearing pancake for my liking.

Screwboys, back in it's old venue, seems to have recovered it's verve, and has a good selection of boy next door types, and was busy and efficiently run.

Fresh Beach Boys definitely has the most comfortable seating of all, an OK show, and a few interesting boys of different types.

TrongpaiExpat
February 11th, 2008, 18:44
Check out Hotmail too. Nice selection, decent show (sex) and nice staff.

Abuelo-old
February 11th, 2008, 20:53
OK. I am very clueless now. What do you mean using the word "pancake"? I can't figure it out in the context. Thanks.

thrillbill
February 11th, 2008, 21:50
Yes, what is the gay meaning of pancake?
And while the Mr. Websters are out there...what is the name of women who want to hangout at the gay clubs called? (I forgot the name). This is in reference to DJ's ...why are there always a couple Thai chicks on stage up front? Don't they know they're taking up room for the guys? I know, I know, they're with their "gay" friend or brother... (but it is always the same girls at DJ's and G.O.D.) And can someone tell that "grub worm" that hangs a hooded sweat shirt over his head dancing on top of a stool on stage (at DJ's) that he's not cute, not a good dancer, and boring. Its about time he realizes that he needs to stand on top of a toilet seat and do his fishy arm movements in a stall so no one has to watch.

I thought DJ's was fun over the weekend, but I like the muscle boys from Taiwan or Hong Kong :compress: ...but true, the Singapore guys (most) have an attitude...and are unable to mix with the crowd... why do the even go to DJ's?

TrongpaiExpat
February 11th, 2008, 22:01
Pancake is make-up and the other is fag hag.

PeterUK
February 11th, 2008, 22:05
OK. I am very clueless now. What do you mean using the word "pancake"? I can't figure it out in the context. Thanks.

Thickly applied theatrical make-up. If you ever catch a glimpse of Edith or Lunchtime, you'll know what I mean.

February 11th, 2008, 22:54
And can someone tell that "grub worm" that hangs a hooded sweat shirt over his head dancing on top of a stool on stage (at DJ's) that he's not cute, not a good dancer, and boring. Its about time he realizes that he needs to stand on top of a toilet seat and do his fishy arm movements in a stall so no one has to watch.

Couldnt agree more!!! that guy is a complete pain in the ass! so full of himself. and he has been doing it for months

Marsilius
February 11th, 2008, 23:15
Re. the girls who like to hang out with gay boys, I always thought that "fruit fly" was a nicer term than "fag hag".

Brad the Impala
February 12th, 2008, 19:08
Trongai, Thanks for the tip about Hot Male. Good guys, show and staff, as you said. The best that it has been in that venue, old Twilight bar, for some time.

They were not enforcing the no smoking rule last night.

Sen Yai
February 12th, 2008, 19:46
Thanks for the report Brad. It makes a change from the sorry stories we hear on this board about the 'low season' (I thought it was still high, but not peak) and empty bars of Pattaya.

Is DJ Station packed with muscular Singaporeans such a bad thing?

They were not enforcing the no smoking rule last night.

From all the hysteria and mis-information on this subject, I had filtered out that the new law comes into force Nationwide on 17th February, but Pattaya (or Chonburi?) invented their own date of 11th February, just like they have there own dates for Songkran. I expect the bars in Bangkok will be smoke-free after 17th Feb.

February 13th, 2008, 11:30
Re. the girls who like to hang out with gay boys, I always thought that "fruit fly" was a nicer term than "fag hag".
The Japanese term for them is "okoge" which is the word for the scorched rice at the bottom of a rice cooker. I guess that falls somewhere between "fag hag" and "fruit fly?"

Regardless, I prefer to go places that don't encourage their presence.

February 13th, 2008, 20:57
- Double post -

February 13th, 2008, 20:57
Taiwanese, HKies, Malaysians and Mainland chinese boys all over town escaping from Chinese New Year. And loving it in Bangkok. You only have yourself to blame if you're not desireable. Different strokes for different folks.. I find these muscle boys pathetic anyway. Give me a charming mature farang anytime.

Brad the Impala
February 13th, 2008, 21:25
Is DJ Station packed with muscular Singaporeans such a bad thing?

From a rice queen perspective, probably not, but from the point of view of someone visiting Thailand, I would have preferred to be surrounded by the warmth of the Thais than the chilly Singaporeans.

February 13th, 2008, 21:30
...but once u get those chilly Singaporeans in an ambient environment, they really know how to warm up ;) :blackeye:

Brad the Impala
February 13th, 2008, 21:43
Taiwanese, HKies, Malaysians and Mainland chinese boys all over town escaping from Chinese New Year. And loving it in Bangkok. You only have yourself to blame if you're not desireable. Different strokes for different folks.. I find these muscle boys pathetic anyway. Give me a charming mature farang anytime.

I wasn't looking to hook up, so not quite sure why there was a reference to my desirability or otherwise!

Like you, I am just not keen on these preening muscle boys!

catawampuscat
February 14th, 2008, 14:43
Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

I agree X Boys has a very hot show but the Hot Male show was a big disappointment.

I had heard from friends, it was not to be missed but if an overweight ladyman blowing hot guys is
for you or if the same ladyman get fucked by hot guys works for you, then you will like the Hot Male Show..
It was definitely well below average and some of the routines were painful to watch and boring as well.

I do agree that Hot Male has many very hot boys/men but the show was a dud and should be avoided when
there are so many better ones to be seen. We saw this show last weekend and I can only imagine it must have changed
or a lot of guys get off watching ladyboys/men having sex.. Not this farang!!

Don't miss the X Boys show, which is extra hot and no silly lady men/boys getting impaled but wow wow wow are
the fucking guys hot and sexy.. :cat:

February 14th, 2008, 14:54
I think it's silly to generalise. I've found charming Singaporeans, HKers, Taiwanese, Japanese in Bangkok as well as throughout the region. Sometimes they just want company and to practice their English and sometimes they want a whole lot more. If they have the money for trips they're unlikely to create a scene about a fee for their company as can happen with Thai friends. OTOH I had an unfortunate incident with a Taiwanese in KL who turned out to be a sneak theif. Mostly I find the Taiwanese delightful.