PDA

View Full Version : Wake up call (Farang shot dead while sleeping)

bigben
February 11th, 2008, 14:58
In reference to the victim Dale Henry a Canadian who 10 days ago was shot in the head while sleeping in

his home in Ranong, his Thai wife, her boyfriend and a hit man arrested but not a peep in the Nation or

Bangkok Post.

Will they ever report this?????

Oh, and the victim had taken out a million dollar life insurance policy

Ten days and no coverage in the English press here in Thailand

The International press is now starting to report it

To think the press is controlled by the government makes me a tad bit nervous

Of course our boyfriends would never think of bumping us off for our $$$

Thaivisa has a very active thread running on this event.

R.I.P Dale

Marsilius
February 11th, 2008, 15:06
"Of course our boyfriends would never think of such naughty things..."

They would have to be pretty stupid to think of it! After all, the alleged conspirator to kill here was the guy's Thai wife - who would, in law, inherit the proceeds of the insurance policy and all his other property.

A Thai boyfriend (unless he has been made the heir by a specific will) would gain nothing by the farang's death. In fact, he'd actually be killing (literally) the goose that's been laying the golden eggs.

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 11th, 2008, 18:48
the victim took out the insurance ???

not very wise.

Mrs O'Booze and I both have insurance but in the advent of either of us dying neither benefits from each other's policy. It's not that we don't trust each other but we have both inadvertantly been mysteriously poisoned in the past, had brake linings cut etc.

Zyxel-old
February 12th, 2008, 10:22
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... TopStories (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080211/thailand_murder_080211/20080211?hub=TopStories)

Aunty
February 12th, 2008, 10:58
the victim took out the insurance ???

not very wise.

Mrs O'Booze and I both have insurance but in the advent of either of us dying neither benefits from each other's policy. It's not that we don't trust each other but we have both inadvertantly been mysteriously poisoned in the past, had brake linings cut etc.

Yes, and that was just when you'd swiped each other's liquor!

bigben
February 12th, 2008, 12:17
The Nation (English newspaper in Thailand) finally posts some details.

Better late than never they say

I wonder what inspired The Nation to delay this story.