PDA

View Full Version : Email to Manhattans

February 11th, 2008, 12:17
Rumors abound. Is it true the former manager has been replaced? The direction the owners want to take the place is more affordable meals? They felt the place was too gay friendly and some of the owners friends were not comfortable with male waiters and rich gay customers?

I believe those of us that have supported Manhattans from the beginning deserve to know if these rumors are true.

Please email me or call me. Thank you.

I supplied my phone number and email address in response to an email about Valentine Dinner.
"For reservations call 038 259790

or email sman@manhattans-pattaya.com

Regards,

David Bowers"

The email said it was from Steve Manning but signed by David Bowers

February 11th, 2008, 16:58
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 11th, 2008, 18:43
does this mean poor gay customers like moi will still be accepted ?

February 11th, 2008, 21:36
What I was letting Board members know was that I sent an email as posted to Manhattans in response toan email they sent out about Valentines Day dinner. I asked for information as to rumors that have been posted on the Board. Although I'm not sure I will get a reply, it was a chance to let them set the record staright if they wish to do so. If they reply, I would post their reply.

They may at least confirm that the menu will change if true.

I was not really asking that people do anything. But I do think it might be helpful to ask them questions.

February 11th, 2008, 22:44
I believe those of us that have supported Manhattans from the beginning deserve to know if these rumors are true.

Why? Nobody has "supported" Manhattans apart from the owners and the staff. You, in the same way as any other customer (gay or straight), paid your bill and were, apparently, happy with what you got. No more and no less.

If you want to know if the "rumors are true" then go there, as another poster did, and find out for yourself. To consider that you have a right to know what a restaurant or any service business's future plans are just because you have been a customer is sheer arrogance - more so if you have implied in any way that you are representative of or enquiring for the "gay community".

TrongpaiExpat
February 12th, 2008, 00:00
="Gone Fishing"
If you want to know if the "rumors are true" then go there, as another poster did, and find out for yourself. To consider that you have a right to know what a restaurant or any service business's future plans are just because you have been a customer is sheer arrogance - more so if you have implied in any way that you are representative of or enquiring for the "gay community".

He could take his e mail and nail it to the front door of the restaurant circa 1546 style sparking a reformation of gay dining all over Pattaya.

February 12th, 2008, 00:09
I disagree with you. A business certainly needs customers. Many ads say "We appreciate your support". Maybe it is semantics. But I believe customers spending money is supporting the operation of a business. I understand that you do not. We will not agree on that.

As to arrogance, possibly I am arrogant. But I believe I did a reasonable thing. Writing a letter or going and asking is the same in my mind. I am seeking information.I did not claim to represent any group and did not identify myself as gay or straight.

I REPLIED to an email where they invited me to attend a Valentines dinner. I have every right to know what changes a place has made when it comes to spending my money. I will make my choices. You make yours anyway you would like. Example; why would I, as a gay man, go to Hooters with my partner on Valentines Day. Why you can't understand this is not understandable to me.

My email was factual. I made no threat. I made an inquiry.

To my mind, arrogance is thinking that you, Gone Fishing, have a right to tell me how to lead my life. Why do you think you are superior?

But maybe we can do this. You take care of you and I will take care of me.

I have no problem with you or others making a suggestion or telling others how you or they would handle a situation. But chastise others in the way you did is arrogant and a bit conceited. You have no standing with me. I intend to proceed as I choose, without your council.

Marsilius
February 12th, 2008, 01:36
"He could take his e mail and nail it to the front door of the restaurant circa 1546" - TrongpaiExpat, above.

"Circa 1546"? Hmm... You're referring, I guess to Martin Luther's Ninety Five Theses of 1517 - a mere 29 tumultuous and turbulent years earlier.

bing
February 12th, 2008, 01:43
Ah for the happy days of Wittenberg. You boys were paying attention.

Marsilius
February 12th, 2008, 01:48
Gosh, you really are a "veteran member"... Do, please, pass on my regards to the Emperor Charles V!