View Full Version : Mark Woodhouse/Birdcage

February 11th, 2008, 03:36
Night of the long knives.

Dear guys,

I see privately, and I am hearing reports as to the suggestions I am a lunatic to be involved with Mark again etc.

I feel, the people who are instigating these rumours are either jealous of Marks ability with shows or are just being plain nasty as they are still living in the 1990's as opposed to Y2K.

FACTS

1. Mark Woodhouse was never fired or asked to leave.

He was asked to explain the situation,also, people are not made the same, some people, even though they are in the right, will walk away rather than have confrontation.

2.I was disappointed with him for leaving and not defending or explaining himself, for accusations levied, that were later retracted by certain people, who initially made the accusations,concerning prize winners and not charity monies.

3.He was never accused, nor ever, had access to, charity monies, these were dealt with by Mick Cockroft, a man whose character is impeccable in Pattaya, and the funds handed over to James Lumsden with a full breakdown of costs and figures as soon as was practicable after the event!

4.We never made money on these events, we lost money over a normal night, and I would personally put in money to give the PGF event a respectable sum,.Please check what we handed over on our events by looking back through historical facts and monies handed over.

5.The only thing I have seen of Mark lately, who is presently in the UK, is to help the show boys of old with loans, subs and rent, even though he does not have the financial status or backing to sustain this,That is why, along with my affection for the show boys to get back and try again.

If anyone on this board has never made a mistake,even those that find it easier to remove their personal sins, by casting stones on others, and then get praised for doing so, let them carry on.

I apologies to many of you who have given support, and I only hope we can live up to the expectations that you demand,I guarantee one thing, we will not be sitting on our laurels or hands.

There are plenty of people who have bigger skeletons in the cupboard, in Pattaya, than Mark Woodhouse.

I would like Mark now to show his abilities which a lot of the board know he is capable of, and listen to his friends and allies rather than some of the spin doctors of Pattaya.

jvt22222
February 11th, 2008, 07:30
IMHO this is an explanation that is LONG overdue ........... I guess I am like Mark, I do not like and have a hard time dealing with confrontation .......... he walked away from the situation a couple of years ago rather than fight it ......... too bad that the explanation appearing today did not appear when he was being painted by the big brush ..... I wish you guys nothing but the absolute best of luck with your new venture.

February 11th, 2008, 09:06
Nice to hear that all is well with you and Mark. I do not know Mark at all, only by sight, but did enjoy the shows at Throb.
Unfortunatly his time was waisted at Topman. I know from bitter experience what he would have had to endure there.
Anyway I look forward to the new Birdcage in Day Night and think that this can only be a step forward for that area.
Day Night will now have many Gay venues, Butterfly Boys Karaoke, Siam Boys, Office Boys, Googies Restaurant and now Birdcage.
I would think that another attempt to get all these businesses together with publicity and events will put the area back on the map. Unfortunatly when I was at Butterfly my idea and efforts to publicize the area fell flat because Leks Bar was running down and then closed.
Good luck to all.

February 11th, 2008, 12:10
Re: Mark Woodhouse/Birdcage
Night of the long knives.

Quote by Kevin:- If anyone on this board has never made a mistake,even those that find it easier to remove their personal sins, by casting stones on others, and then get praised for doing so, let them carry on.

Kevin as we said at out little Private party the other day, when you first started to write on the Boards you was horrendously attacked by a few Flamers, then you decided to keep off the forums, now you have tackled it with your well respected personality and genuine nature, you are well loved, but they will still try to bring you down, if they can, owing to the very few nutters that rome in the dead of night, waiting to pounce on any one who seems to be having fun and is liked by many, as they are normally very lonely people, with no friends, many manic depressed and really need help, and sit alone and drink, or are drama Queens or just control freaks, like any bullies if you stand up to them, you will find they will soon cave in and go and bother some other poor sole. If you ignor them. or put them on ignor.

On the other hand, most normal sensible people who read these forums, know that these sickoтАЩs just get there rocks off, by either getting a snippet of a story and make it sound; like the most hideous thing you could Imagine or just make up lies to make who ever is the Bad Man of the month, look like they are Count Frankenstein. You soon know who they are its the same ones all the time some with many different handels, They are so weak deep inside, it makes them feel strong, if they think they can bring you down.

To me as long as they get my name right, I love it when they try to bring me down, and the publicity on the contrary does you no harm, apart from you become even more famous, as long as your genuine friends know the truth your be ok, now some people as with me love to build you up, then when you get to the TOP push you over.

Mark like many fun characters has built up a reputation of professionalism; due to the tireless way he works to make his dance troop the best new show sensation in townтАж You know you have made it in this town, when they acuse you of some hidious deed......I can remember when I use to frequent the ICON SHOWS and my Boyfriend Now in th Army, who IтАЩm still with, in 2002 and still looks stunning won тАЬMr. Most Handsome guy in PattayaтАЭ contest, there was just a few who complained, continuously, made up stores, whispering campaigns, till in the end, one of whom is still at it even now, they got rid of the wonderful singer there, changed the Hunky Guys to skinny runts and in the end hounded them so much it was forced to close.

What ever the truth is, with these bitter jealous stories, they make up, who cares, you will find the ones saying them, have a lot more to hide and fear, :bom: then the ones they are writing about, Don't worry their day will come soon on their own door step, Keep up the good work guys and play along with the Flamers like me, if you can prove they have broken the Internet laws, as my thai Lawyer friend always says, sue them, as I did once before on DN and won, including the moderators who seem to have a secret agenda of fun, leaving the posts up, even though they know they are breaking all the rules, your own their house in the end. As I know your shows and The Birdcage Club will bring the house down from 1st march 2008.

Bette Davis said " I don't worry when they talk about me, I worry when they don't"! :cheers:

February 11th, 2008, 12:51
The past is past and what people say about it does not matter.

I am looking forward to what Mark and Kevin can offer us at the new Birdcage. I hope they both prosper. They make a good team. Kevin is a good business man and Mark is creative and knows his side of the craft. All effort should be put into this new task. Don't take time to explain old rumors. We only have a few weeks until the Red Carpet event.

Where can we buy tickets? Please PM me first so I can get the first tickets :cheers:

Also how will we get to ride in the Tut-Tut? I hope it is not a bland thing. It should sparkle as it rolls down the street to pick me up in Sunee Plaza. I also hope Wow pow should be on hand to take pictures for his fabulous on-line albums.

So much to do!
Mark you must rush back. Kevin should not do all the work while you holiday in the UK

February 11th, 2008, 12:54
... as they are normally very lonely people, with no friends, many manic depressed and really need help, and sit alone and drink, or are drama Queens or just control freaks ...It's amazing how often this tired old ad hominem argument is trotted out

February 11th, 2008, 13:32
Hiya Kevin,
Its your ipod man here. Sorry l didnt see you before l went. I have had more knives put in my back in the UK you can take that . You know exactly what you want, and you will do it. I just stand back and admire your courage and determination.
Hope you got the email.

February 11th, 2008, 14:38
Hi Kevin, I think it is very honourable of you to make the post that you have, along with your explanation. However, quite frankly I don't know why you even bothered. The poisonous snakes that go around spreading these type of rumours, only do so behind the backs of the people they are attacking. Do you honestly believe that these type of people are ever going to be any different?

In my opinion, I believe you have more chance of getting Frank Sinatra to appear on your opening night, than you have of these people changing their ways. No doubt when you become a success, which you undoubtedly will do, you will upset these people again and they will invent something else, in which to try and run Mark and yourself down again. Leave them to their sad lives which are normally non-existent, this explains their need to be constantly involved in the lives of others.

Choc Dee to Mark and you Kevin, I am looking forward to the opening night.

George.

February 11th, 2008, 16:32
Leave them to their sad lives which are normally non-existentThe Board's resident communicator at it again - perhaps that explains his love of Alice in Wonderland

February 11th, 2008, 16:32
George has let the news out. Frank Sinatra will be appearing on opening night of Birdcage. Mark you are a master of Pattaya show biz! Any other big names lined up yet?

Brad the Impala
February 11th, 2008, 18:18
To me as long as they get my name right, I love it when they try to bring me down,

And which of your posting names, that they have to get right, might that be?! I seem to remember you casting a few aspersions of your own when these partners previously split up, but as your personas at that time have been banned, they don't appear under the search facility.

February 11th, 2008, 19:39
I have known Mark for years. I have always stuck by him as i know that what was said on the boards years ago was rubbish and out of character.

He is very good at what he does and Pattaya and the bars missed him, for the years he was away.

I think that there is a lot of people in town that are as Kevin has said jealous of Marks talent to host and entertain.

Mark loves what he does and will help anyone in need.

Good luck to you both.

February 11th, 2008, 20:33
I have known Mark for years. I have always stuck by him as i know that what was said on the boards years ago was rubbish and out of character.

He is very good at what he does and Pattaya and the bars missed him, for the years he was away.

I think that there is a lot of people in town that are as Kevin has said jealous of Marks talent to host and entertain.

Mark loves what he does and will help anyone in need.

Good luck to you both.

I heard a scandalous rumor at the weekend that Sin City Queen was, in fact, Mark. But after that half-hearted plaudit I can safely assume that the rumor is wrong :cheers:

My good wishes to all three of you.

February 11th, 2008, 20:41
Hope you have enough space on opening night kevin.

From what i gather - almost everyone is going to be there. Should be frantic and fun!

jinks
February 11th, 2008, 22:32
almost everyone is going to be there. Should be frantic and fun!

Boo Hoo Hoo I won't :sad1: :(

:thk: UNLESS I win the lottery :)

February 11th, 2008, 23:06
Kevin,

I have to agree with George, although as I am not part of the "bar scene" I have no knowledge of these rumours, but you owe no-one an explanation over who you choose to be a business partner with.

The only way you or anyone else can know whether you are a "lunatic to be involved with Mark again" is to wait and see what happens; the only people entitled to an explanation are those investing their money in The Birdcage - and that would appear not to include the rumour-mongerers!

February 13th, 2008, 05:04
Kevin,

I have to agree with George, although as I am not part of the "bar scene" I have no knowledge of these rumours, but you owe no-one an explanation over who you choose to be a business partner with.

The only way you or anyone else can know whether you are a "lunatic to be involved with Mark again" is to wait and see what happens; the only people entitled to an explanation are those investing their money in The Birdcage - and that would appear not to include the rumour-mongerers!

Gone fishing,

The only one who will lose or gain [ monetary wise] is me.

I am the only one investing money into this and we will do our utmost to give value for money and hopefully make it a good venue for everyone.

Anyway,

We will both be out on the rampage this week, invitations in hand guys!

February 14th, 2008, 19:03
I hear from official sources that Birdcage, is now having its Gala Opening Experience on the 2nd March is this true Kevin.

Best of luck no matter what day it is opening?

February 14th, 2008, 22:57
Kevin,
Where will you be rampaging so I can get my official invitation?

February 14th, 2008, 23:53
I hear from official sources that Birdcage, is now having its Gala Opening Experience on the 2nd March is this true Kevin.

Best of luck no matter what day it is opening?

\Guys,

We have been told that elections are on March 2nd which means from 6.00pm March 1st until after closing the polls on the 2nd there is no alcohol so we will move to the 2nd to avoid any hassle or drinks bans!

Pattayamale, I will be around and about as will Mark in Boyztown Oscars and Panorama, Pattayaland Soi 2, Sunnee Plaza and Day Night of course.

I will have invitations with me from the 20th February as will Mark, Tam and Thar, anybody in Pattaya that wishes to come, please don't be shy, just ask, I can't remember everyone.

I am selling a full boxed set of new unwanted Encyclopaedias that we don't need, as Marsha has told me, he knows everything already!

We really are going flat out now and everyone knows what they are supposed to be doing,[ I hope.]

Showboys start practicing tomorrow with the new stuff and I will be with the guys monitoring who is doing the alterations and changes to the bar.

A lot of ideas planned, let's see if we can implement as many as possible by the opening although we will be carrying out ongoing changes for customer benefit and ther clubs name and appearance.

jinks
February 16th, 2008, 20:46
http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/birdcageopening.jpg