PDA

View Full Version : TRUE blocking the board again :-/

February 5th, 2008, 00:06
is it only me ? TRUE has blocked (TRUE, not the Samak-Pigface-government) the board again.... get that short message in Thai fonts only (NOT the one used by the ministry of Thailibanism)
they s*ck.....

is it only me ? others TRUE-customers in BKK have access to the board ?
thanks god there is such thing as youhide.com

February 5th, 2008, 08:15
I have been on True ADSL for about 8 months. I had never been able to access SGT directly, always had to go via a web proxy. Previously I was using a pre-paid dial-up service which could always get straight to SGT without going through a web proxy.
I think that some time ago the ICT changed the page they display when they block a site. I just tried to access SGT directly to have a closer look at the page to see if it indicated whether it was from True or the ICT, and I got SGT rather than the blocked site message.
I also went to several of the web proxy sites - many of the ones that were listed near the top of Google were previously also blocked, but they are now all accessible.
Maybe a coincidence with the change of government? Wait and see if it stays that way for long.

Smiles
February 5th, 2008, 09:36
I've used dozens of internet cafes over the last 2 months and not a single one has come up blocked for this Board. Ever.
No proxies used, just the regular URL for the Board.

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
February 5th, 2008, 12:41
I am using Hutch air link in Bangkok and have not been blocked in a long time, knock on wood. Sex sites are not even a problem but if I try to get into someting anti The King, forget it.

The new CV site is:

https://www.moonscales.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

February 5th, 2008, 12:45
the blocking is back again on my True ADSL.
end up getting redirected to 58.97.5.29 with the following:

เว็บไซต์นี้เป็นเ ็บไซต์ที่มีลักษณ เข้าข่ายหมิ่นพระ บรมเดชานุภาพ หรือเป็นเว็บไซต์ ี่ไม่เหมาะสม
จึงขอระงับการเผย พร่ชั่วคราว จนกว่าจะมีคำสั่ง ป็นอย่างอื่น

wép-sai née bpen wép-sai têe mee lák-sà-nà kâo kàai mìn-prá-bà-rŏm-dày-chaa-nóo-pâap rĕu bpen wép-sai têe mâi mòr sŏm

which roughly translates to:
this website is breaching the lese-majesty laws or is not suitable.
there is being blocked temporarily until they are advised.

The whois lookup for that IP address shows it is owned by ASIANET.CO.TH so it appears that the ISP is blocking SGT itself, its not being done by the ICT (of course most likely under the direction of the ICT).

Sen Yai
February 7th, 2008, 13:45
เว็บไซต์นี้เป็นเ ็บไซต์ที่มีลักษณ เข้าข่ายหมิ่นพระ บรมเดชานุภาพ หรือเป็นเว็บไซต์ ี่ไม่เหมาะสม
จึงขอระงับการเผย พร่ชั่วคราว จนกว่าจะมีคำสั่ง ป็นอย่างอื่น

this website is breaching the lese-majesty laws or is not suitable.
there is being blocked temporarily until they are advised.

When on-line last week I noticed that the were 9 'Guests' all simultaneously reading the thread about the design of the Funeral Pyre for Her Royal Highness. Maybe this is the cause of the problem with TRUE?

Going to that thread now I can not see the image of the Pyre that was posted by wowopow - just the little red x

February 7th, 2008, 19:23
Surely non of our members would even consider posting anything that would bring charges of lese-majesty! The rules are well known to us all. Therefor I can only imagine somewhere something "unsuitable" was said. Hopefully your access problems are over.

TrongpaiExpat
February 8th, 2008, 13:45
I spoke too soon, I am getting a lot of 401 time out errors/web site not found. Who knows what agendas this new government will take. TRUE pixlates cleavage on my TV/UBC along with guns, cigarettes (but not the smoke) and knifes.

The Thai censors got their hands on 'American Gangster' and cut and blocked cigarettes, cigars and guns for Thai distribution yet let the Thai movies with slash, blood and shoot-um-ups go uncensored. I am surprised that they even let this movie in Thailand given the authorities stance that Thailand was never part of the drug trade in the 60's and 70's.