PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Royale Hotel

February 3rd, 2008, 12:23
Any comments, pros/cons, please?

Many Thanks
Jim

PinkSilom
February 3rd, 2008, 16:31
Owned and well-managed by farang, gay (or at least gay friendly) clientele, comfortable and clean rooms, and located in the heart of the world famous Boyz Town. BUT there is no lift or swimming pool.

February 3rd, 2008, 17:22
Owned and well-managed by farang, gay (or at least gay friendly) clientele, comfortable and clean rooms, and located in the heart of the world famous Boyz Town. BUT there is no lift or swimming pool.
Agree with those comments, particularly since the refurbishments carried out in the last year or so. Clientelle is almost exclusively gay. The staff are especially most helpful and obliging which is in marked contrast to the establishment across the Soi.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a well-situated hotel in their price range. The only drawback with LCR is the cost of hotel cars for transport from/to the airport, which is very expensive. However, there are plenty of other transport options available from other sources, at more reasonable rates.

PinkSilom
February 3rd, 2008, 18:58
The staff are especially most helpful and obliging which is in marked contrast to the establishment across the Soi.

It is interesting how experience differs from person to person. Having stayed in both the Caf├й Royale and the Ambiance, I found the Ambiance staff to be every bit as helpful and obliging as the staff at the Caf├й.

February 3rd, 2008, 20:59
I too have found both the Ambiance and the Cafe Royale to be excellent establishments. Both have friendly long-term staff and provide fine accomadations. Their location makes most of the fun of South Pattaya easily accessable. No joiners fee and ids checked by reception. Both will glady deal with any customer request and make special arrangements as needed.

thaiworthy-old
February 4th, 2008, 03:02
My vote would be for Ambiance. Although after staying there consistently for 10 years, I am going to try staying in Sunee this year. Just a little tired of Boystown and haven't drifted to Sunee much to know what it really has to offer :bounce:

atri1666
February 4th, 2008, 09:00
Stayed some years ago once for one hour in the standard room of the ambiance for some action - the room was so small > never would stay for free there.
When i stayed in marriot i used my time to let me show the rooms in Cafe Royal. To sum up > Only for people which like to stay in overpriced rabbit play-pens. Their better rooms are ok but for the price i prefer hotels like sheraton or marriot.

lonelywombat
February 4th, 2008, 11:19
I have stayed in both but choose not to stay in Boyztown because

Cafe Royale best rooms are level 3 and 4 with no lift [in yank talk that is 4 and 5]

Ambience same as CR no lifts, but every night I hear the thump thump beat from the disco

If I am jet lagged or looking for an early night, maybe resting before a late night ,extremely frustrating

Just a bare question like that can only get bare answers.

What are you looking for and what are you prepared to pay

Be specific and then you will get better advice

February 4th, 2008, 17:10
Why stay in Boyztown with all the noise and hastle it's ok for a quick expensive drink.

lonelywombat
February 4th, 2008, 17:11
Why stay in Boyztown with all the noise and hastle it's ok for a quick expensive drink.

Exactly

February 5th, 2008, 11:59
Agree would rather not stay in Boystown but struggling for alternatives near Pattayaland. Please see my other thread for hotels near Pattayaland. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim