PDA

View Full Version : restaurants in Soi Daynight 2

lonelywombat
February 3rd, 2008, 09:25
On the link to the pg weekly report is a link to gayaffairspattaya.com they have excellent maps and have

updated to include the new Birdcage./ The place I am looking for, is popular with gay but not listed as gay.

http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml

I was trying to get the names of 2 small french restaurants in daynight 2 for a friend leaving next week

The one closest to Tukcom is always full and tables turn over 3-4 times each night. Turn over means

additional clients after the first. This small restaurant is on the corner of a small walkway between soi 1 and 2

February 3rd, 2008, 09:53
I think that would be "Cuisine aux la beurre" which I think is French for Cooking With Butter"!!!!

travelerjim
February 3rd, 2008, 10:02
I believe the first one is Aue Buerre (sp) excellent dinner set menu...
always very busy about 220 baht

and the other is Petite Planet - excellent set menu choices and serves a la carte lunch and dinner...
always busy..about 210 baht

and there is a French restaurant on the corner across from Salt & Pepper & Grottinos Bakery Restaurant ...
the name I cannot remember...but was the site of the old Ole' Restaurant before it moved.

Grottino's Bakery Restaurant has a decent American Breakfast for 110 baht incl coffee...
but "smoke is everywhere" as European customers like to smoke it up!
But - happily - or should I say hopefully - that will all change when NO Smoking rule is in effect and
enforced from Feb 11th :-)

Flamingo Hotel has decent set menu - now priced at 245 baht (was 195 baht for longest time) for dinner.
They are open for breakfast ( pass on it - too small of portions ) and lunch too -
but Thai food prices high in comparison to Salt & Pepper next door.

Around the corner is The Dolphin Restaurant - both inside air room available as well as outside -- good food -
and prices for sinner set menu about 200 baht +/- based on choice made.

Many fine restaurants along this soi.... Enjoy :-)

February 3rd, 2008, 13:37
Four of us recently had dinner at "Cuisine aux la beurre". Three of our party had the same meal...awful is being polite. The meat was tough and tastless. ,,I was served something that I did not order and was told insistantly that it was what I had ordered. Not wanting to cause a scene I accepted it and to this day I have no Idea what it was. It looked like a roast beef, but was the texture of liver and tasted like shit. Needless to say our entire party will not be dining at "Cuisine aux la beurre" again.

lonelywombat
February 4th, 2008, 05:08
I believe the first one is Aue Buerre (sp) excellent dinner set menu...
always very busy about 220 baht

and the other is Petite Planet - excellent set menu choices and serves a la carte lunch and dinner...
always busy..about 210 baht

Grottino's Bakery Restaurant has a decent American Breakfast for 110 baht incl coffee...
but "smoke is everywhere" as European customers like to smoke it up!
But - happily - or should I say hopefully - that will all change when NO Smoking rule is in effect and
enforced from Feb 11th :-)

Many fine restaurants along this soi.... Enjoy :-)

Thanks Jim spot on . I saw soi 10 tom comment and I know all restaurants are not perfect. You only have to look at the crowds to know they are doing something right. Might be worth a second chance I feel

Got a PM whats wrong with Luxor in same soi. Nothing but If I am going to do the bars I do not want an expensive meal I prefer to take my time and enjoy Luxor when I go

Grottinos Bakery---- I like it very much and go at least every second day when in LOS The owner is a chain smoker and so are his hangers on. This is one owner that I believe will resist to the bitter end. However when I go I try and sit as far away as possible from him or find another place

francois
February 4th, 2008, 13:52
The restaurants you speak of are Le Petit Planete and La Cuisne Au Beurre. Also on the same soi are Bordeaux, Flamingo Hotel/Renoir Restaurant and also O'Brians which may not yet be open. And Luxor.

February 4th, 2008, 14:59
Michael O'Briens is now having soft opening this week.

lonelywombat
February 4th, 2008, 16:55
Michael O'Briens is now having soft opening this week.

Please fill me in about Michael o Briens using the gayaffairspattaya.com maps

If it is new then it will not be featured but I think they read this forum

is it going to be another Irish pub?????

February 4th, 2008, 18:22
Yes it is already on the map at gayaffairspattaya.com. Look at soi 17. It is across from Flamingo Hotel.

I will be going there tomorrow for breakfast. I understand that it will be like an Irish Pub. The same owner as Googies.

February 4th, 2008, 19:07
Got a PM whats wrong with Luxor in same soi. Nothing but If I am going to do the bars I do not want an expensive meal I prefer to take my time and enjoy Luxor when I go

Grottinos Bakery---- I like it very much and go at least every second day when in LOS The owner is a chain smoker and so are his hangers on. This is one owner that I believe will resist to the bitter end. However when I go I try and sit as far away as possible from him or find another place

Luxor is not expensive at all - it is excellent value for money. The food is of high quality; the service is attentive; the ambiance is good; the owner is in attendance but not over the top; the menu and wine list is comprehensive. It also has a nice outside area for smoking. It is one of my favourites.

Thanks for the information on Grottinos. I will go in as soon as possible and give the owner some moral support :sex: