PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

February 1st, 2008, 09:31
DELETED

thaiworthy-old
February 1st, 2008, 10:03
But I like A**** Restaurant. I like R B. I'm sure accidents can happen, as they often do in restaurants, but that's anywhere, not just A***. I wonder about the liability in a situation like this. What is the responsibility of the restaurant?

I've been sick like that in Thailand, but it's only for a few days, and I just accept it. We're all human beings, we get sick. You deal with it. Yes, it can be life-threatening in severe cases. If that is true in a case like this, then this does make an interesting topic for discussion.

I am not always happy with everything restaurants and go-go bars have to offer, but I make do what there is. This is Thailand and all that. I am fond of many of the businessmen in Pattaya, like R, who work hard at their job. It would take a huge and consistent upheaval of quality and service to make me leave some places like this.

I know A**** is not the best restaurant in Pattaya. There will always be those arguments of value for price. But like Thai boys, I appreciate things in a far wider spectrum-- as I do for food sitting on a plate. Among other things, it has its location on the soi for the view of the passing parade, and its proximity to other venues make it special, if only for me.

Smiles
February 1st, 2008, 10:15
Who really knows the source when you get a case of the runs? I've had many minor cases over the years (usually lasting one long and spectacular hong nam rendezvous) and am never really certain where I got it. I don't bother speculating anymore.
The folks in this thread jumped on the A**** (i.e. the last place at which they ate) but in reality, it might have been or might not have been.

I like this observation by an always-testy member of this Board (who also had a few screaming matches at Baht-Stop):
" ... Sorry to hear they are implicated in food poisoning but this restaurant serves boring mediocre food at high prices so skipping eating there is far from a big loss ... "

Cheers ...

February 1st, 2008, 11:34
Shouldn't this post have the particular restaurants name censored out like the Boy bar owner at A....B...... club, that was implicated in giving it's boys scabies?
R B the owner hasn't even defended themselves yet and people are already passing judgement on the health conditions at A**** restaurant?

PeterUK
February 1st, 2008, 12:06
I enjoy eating at A*** and do so regularly and have never been unwell afterwards. I like it for the same reasons as thaiworthy. R works hard and is very conscientious, no detail too small. I like him. The waiting staff are well-trained. The food is perfectly acceptable and the desserts delicious. One pays a bit more than some places but the location justifies that in my opinion. An incident of food poisoning could occur in the best-run of establishments; I think the people who suffered it in this case are entitled to say so on a message board but should also inform the owner R so that he has a chance to investigate and, if necessary, put his side of the matter.

February 1st, 2008, 12:20
Good point P, I wonder if they reported it to the restaurant before writing that potentially libellous report on a public forum, where it has spread to this one already. Obviously R is not one of jinks' bosom buddies, no free finger food there then.

{give me time to sleep - I'm on UK time - jinks}

Marsilius
February 1st, 2008, 12:31
Never any problems with A*** food - I have always found it to be good quality and good value.

But I really dislike the way one's meal is interrupted by the proprietor coming to have a chat - apropos of nothing at all - when you are trying to talk to your companion. Maybe he could just circulate - and if WE want to talk to HIM, we could catch his eye...?

The only food problem I've ever had was after having salad at B***o's. And wasn't there, in fairly recent memory, a mass outbreak of stomach trouble at B***o's after a charity event hosted, inevitably, by the saintly Madame Jim (whose divine aura proved, on that occasion entirely unable to prevent it)?

{as said in the first post - leave this for Thaivisa - jinks Closed}