PDA

View Full Version : may/june

sing_lofty_sing
December 31st, 2005, 17:10
Is May / June a good time to visit Thailand for a 3 week Holiday, Thinking more about the weather then? also do Hotels and guest houses give discounts for this time of year? Looking to come to Pattaya

December 31st, 2005, 17:18
The hell that is Songkran is over, but the weather is still oppressive. The rainy season hasn't really begun. I'd be looking to stay indoors between 10am and sundown. One the other hand the northern summer holiday season hasn't begun and the boys will generally be somewhat more eager to please. And you can meet some really friendly ex-pats who are bored with each other's company and are looking for a fresh face. On the other hand you'll be in Pattaya and run the risk of running into The Poster Formerly Known As Hedda (She) and her sidekick RichLB - but maybe zoos are an attraction for you? :wink:

Jetsam
December 31st, 2005, 22:42
Is May / June a good time to visit Thailand for a 3 week Holiday, Thinking more about the weather then? also do Hotels and guest houses give discounts for this time of year? Looking to come to Pattaya

I would aim for May and not June, because in June is the Football World Championship (soccer for the yanks) and since most(not all) Thai boys really like the game and want to watch it, and the games will start about the times the bars will close, well... :wink:

January 1st, 2006, 01:13
I real think you like all Thais see Holland winning ha ha ha. As we from Belgium you not sock out this time . But OK i support your orange team . To all Thais , you have seen nothing yet, ole ole ole Holland doet mee .

January 1st, 2006, 16:11
Your right JETSAM about the soccer.I was there last June/July and went to the disco on a Sunday night only to have all the staff watch the soccer on the large video screen.
I love going in June JUly Aug times because things are quiet and less hectic.The downsides are some bars are closed for low season.
YES THE rooms are cheap ,i find MONTYS BB for as low as 300 b good value ,however dont pay over 600b per night in low season anywhere else.The weather is always ok when i go,sometimes rains but rarely.
Yes i prefer low season. I always go around JUly August.

January 2nd, 2006, 07:05
JUne 12th and 13th - I think - are to be the massive celebrations of His Majesty's 60th year on the throne of Thailand. There will be big events and a procession of the golden barges along the river.

June is a peak of low season and with The World Cup Footer on you will get bargain basement air fares and hotel rates.

January 2nd, 2006, 12:11
Having been in Thailand before during these months, I think that this is a good time to visit.

Yes, the weather is hot, especially May. But rain is fairly infrequent.

Best is the lack of crowds of tourists. Bars, beach, etc all have room and spare space.

More than enough boys about, and plenty of places stay open.