PDA

View Full Version : My first look at Look Bar

January 30th, 2008, 16:12
After my disappointment with the few go-go bars in Boystown area i visited last week, I decided to see what some bars I had never visited in Sunee Plaza were like. I set off going down soi VC and the first bar I came to was Look Bar. From the outside I thought that this bar also might have been a mistake. It was a bit early; about 8:30pm. There was a ladyboy and another guy who wasn't smiling sitting outside serving as door men. The first thing I noticed when I entered is that there was already about 10 customers there and the music was not really loud. They might have been over 30 customers that came had a drink and later left. The bar seemed small and it had alot of boys on the stage and several ladyboys as waiters. When I sat down I was surprised at what seemed to be very young boys. Some people that post here might have walked out sensing that the boys were "too" young for them but I decided to at least buy a drink. The bar is very small. It has a stage in the middle of the room and a single circle of seats against the wall. I felt as though I was almost sitting on the stage.

After I sat down a young ladyboy came over and asked if I would like a drink. She had a cute face and I was surprised that she spoke such good English. The boys on the stage seemed to have alot of energy and were very playful with each other and seemed to know many of the customers as they were joking with many of them. I spent a little over 40 minutes at this bar and did feel that this was a fun place to visit but I would have preferred the boys to have been maybe 5 to 10 years older if they would have had the same fun and energy. I also took note that this bar had many more customers than the few go-go I visited in the Boystown area.

TrongpaiExpat
January 30th, 2008, 19:24
Look or some times spelled but, lut and others varations goes with shai and means son, look shai or in Thai บดรำบ

January 30th, 2008, 23:29
Look .... and means ... look or in Thai มอง (and other variations):

noun: the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually (Example: "He went out to have a look" / "he took a look")
noun: physical appearance (Example: "I don't like the looks of this place" / "I like his looks")
noun: the expression on a person's face (Example: "A look of triumph")
noun: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
verb: perceive with attention; direct one's gaze towards (Example: "She looked over the expanse of land")
verb: give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect (Example: "This project looks fishy")
verb: accord in appearance with (Example: "You don't look your age!")
verb: have a certain outward or facial expression (Example: "How does she look?")
verb: convey by one's expression (Example: "She looked her devotion to me")
verb: search or seek (Example: "We looked all day and finally found the child in the forest")
verb: be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to (Example: "The house looks north")
verb: look forward to the probable occurrence of (Example: "She is looking to a promotion")
verb: take charge of or deal with (Example: "Look after that")
verb: have faith or confidence in (Example: "Look to your friends for support")
name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8911)

llz
January 31st, 2008, 00:15
I would rather think of the look with a short vowel, which in thai would be :

ลุก
ลุก [V] burn; be in flames; catch fire; kindle
Syn. คุ, ปะทุ, ระอุ, ลุกไหม้, ลุกโชน
Ant. ดับ.
Def. ไหม้โพลงขึ้น.
Sample:เขาหยิบน้ำมันม ราดอย่างระวังจนไ ฟลุกพรึ่บ

ลุก [V] get up; rise; stand up; get to one's feet; arise
Syn. ลุกขึ้น, ยืนขึ้น, ตั้งขึ้น
Def. เคลื่อนขึ้นจากท่ นั่งหรือนอน.
Sample:พอท่านเดินเข้า า ทุกคนก็ลุกขึ้นแส งความเคารพพินอบพ เทา

Both meanings seem quite appropriate to the place ...

catawampuscat
February 3rd, 2008, 01:01
Police raided tonite.. Look closed again but for how long this time..
:cat:
I can't believe any of the boys working there are underage. I asked the mamasan and he/she said all
boys over 18... If you can't believe a mamasan, who can you believe? :drunken: