View Full Version : Pattayalands Top Ugly Boy Bars

zinzone
January 28th, 2008, 15:49
Seems like a lot of dross and dregs now in many of the bars in Pattayaland and my Top 3 worst for the most ugly on the stage are,and,

In reverse order:

3. Dynamite Bar-with a few exceptions most of the boys look like they have fallen off the back of a lorry.

2. Sawadee Boys Bar-they all bored out of their minds plus being dull, plain and uninteresting.....

And the winner is:

1. Lucky 7

Wherever did they get this lot from?!
Someone must have gone to the far reaches of Issan and beyond and captured those that could not make it as rice farmers or shoe shine boys.

And before anyone says the customers ain't exactly pictures of beauty, remember it is those on the stage who expect to be paid for being offed not the other way around.

Does everyone agree with my Top 3?

thrillbill
January 28th, 2008, 16:19
My Thai BF and I went around a couple weeks ago and thought 90 percent of the clubs we checked out had "undesirables" - but maybe our taste is different than most...(we don't care for the young, skinny, nellie types that sachet around acting like they're the queenie of Boyztown, Sunee Plaza, or where ever the location is, but apparently there are a lot of clientele that like them to look very young, skinny, and fem. Boyz, Boyz, Boyz and a few at A-Bomb seem to have ones that show life and look masculine.

The top go-go bar that seemed pathetic was..... 69, located on a side soi at Sunee Plaza. (Note, we were doing our bar stomping after 11pm so maybe it was slim pick'ins at these places.

catawampuscat
January 28th, 2008, 16:41
Lucky 7 was a great boy bar years ago and then management changed and a young farang manager went lady-boy crazy and
ruined the bar.. It is a foolish move also made by many silly farangs who fill the bars with their own preferences. This silly
farang even had his hair done in the same absurd style as the boys with spikes and gel galore.

Bars like BBB used to be an old age home for go go men and many looked well past their expiration date. Some dyed
their gray hair black and others showed the effects of 20 plus years on the go go stage.
Boyz,Boyz,Boyz finally renovated the bar and it works great now and many many hot guys. The old timers retired and
there are plenty of big boys there but also many smaller ones and much younger than in days past. A fun bar now..!

Sawatdee Boys lost its way a long time ago and the new owners were clueless. The hot boys left in a hurry and the leftovers
just don't have enough going on for me to put up with the too loud music and the hordes of blond women and other straights.
I must confess that I haven't been to Sawatdee recently and my opinion is at least half a year old but I have glanced in
and only saw bored boys and few customers..

Soi Tom 10 recently reported that Dynamite Boys was a favorite and well worth checking out. I stopped going at least half a year ago,
when the DJ ruled and the boys smoked cigarettes even sitting on the stage. Formerly good mamasans crapped out and I will give it
the benefit of the doubt and check it out again soon..

January 28th, 2008, 18:53
I went there once of twice and "met" one of the cutest guys I'd ever seen, its not that bad!

January 28th, 2008, 21:28
I went there once of twice and "met" one of the cutest guys I'd ever seen, its not that bad!
This thread is quite stupid really. Each person has his own preferences and those who some find 'ugly' and class as 'dross and dregs' may be an attraction to others. Each to his own - there are enough bars in Pattaya to cater to all tastes.

The looks more like an attempt to denigrate Pattayaland and Boyztown by a Sunee Plaza lover. Could it be that the boys in these two areas are just too old for Zinezone? - (BTW not an accusation, just a rhetorical question ! :geek: ).

January 28th, 2008, 21:34
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I guess ugly would also be in the eye of the beholder. I agree that I do not like bars that have an over abundance of ladyboys but I am sure some say the same about the bars I like. A good boy bad boy posting would have been better.

January 29th, 2008, 03:11
This thread is quite stupid really.

Which I guess Snowcat, makes it extremely rare. After all, let's face it, there are not too many threads posted here that you are able to say that about, is there? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Cheers,

G. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggrinangel.gif

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 29th, 2008, 06:23
how it is if you are on the stage looking into the audience..now that is ugly !

thaiguest
January 29th, 2008, 07:43
Seems like a lot of dross and dregs now in many of the bars in Pattayaland and my Top 3 worst for the most ugly on the stage are,and,

In reverse order:

3. Dynamite Bar-with a few exceptions most of the boys look like they have fallen off the back of a lorry.

2. Sawadee Boys Bar-they all bored out of their minds plus being dull, plain and uninteresting.....

And the winner is:

1. Lucky 7

Someone must have gone to the far reaches of Issan and beyond and captured those that could not make it as rice farmers or shoe shine boys.

And before anyone says the customers ain't exactly pictures of beauty, remember it is those on the stage who expect to be paid for being offed not the other way around.

I don't agree or disagree with your top 3 or whatever number you pluck from the ether you inhabit- but I find the whole rotten exercise disagreeable.
Who the hell do you think you are?
Would you put yourself ahead of 'rice farmers', and 'shoe shine boys'?. I wouldn't.
These boys of whatever age or appearance are human beings. Many of them are dutiful to parents and family and see their work, not as a sleazy enterprise but as a way to send vital help home. This should be comforting to us, western customers, maligned as we are by friends and family at home as 'sex tourists'.
Get youself some rehabilitation or stop posting when mau.

January 29th, 2008, 08:54
"but I find the whole rotten exercise disagreeable.
Would you put yourself ahead of 'rice farmers', and 'shoe shine boys'?. I wouldn't.
These boys of whatever age or appearance are human beings. Many of them are dutiful to parents and family and see their work, not as a sleazy enterprise but as a way to send vital help home. This should be comforting to us, western customers, maligned as we are by friends and family at home as 'sex tourists'.
Get youself some rehabilitation or stop posting when mau."

Thanks Thaiguest. Absolutely correct.

January 29th, 2008, 09:15
"but I find the whole rotten exercise disagreeable.
Get youself some rehabilitation or stop posting when mau."

Thanks Thaiguest. Absolutely correct.

Seconded Diao maa.

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

thaiworthy-old
January 29th, 2008, 10:37
After reading Zinzone's post for the first time, I was embarrassed for him. I do try to identify with the poster to better understand what he is saying, giving the widest benefit of a doubt. However, after subsequent readings, I would have to agree with Thaiguest and the others that followed him. Ugly is an ugly word. The tone of the post comes across as one who thinks that the world owes him beauty wherever he may tread. Like a Price Charming without the Charm.

While Thailand may appear as a Fantasyland to some, it is also Realityland. There will always be tall, skinny, fem, short, and the lesser endowed, and yes, the ugly ones too along the sois in the LOS. Disney created Dumbo, Pinnochio, ferocious beasts, and 7 odd little dwarfs among many others, but they are characters we love because they have their own unique personalities. Are they ugly? How could anyone see them as ugly?

Trade in your e-ticket Zinezone for a stroll down that next soi and take another look at the people you see. It goes beyond skin-deep, if only one takes the time to notice. You may find Sleeping Beauty hiding under an ugly face.

January 29th, 2008, 10:40
The tone of the post comes across as one who thinks that the world owes him beauty wherever he may tread.And your point is ... ?

catawampuscat
January 29th, 2008, 11:13
While studying Thai, my teacher told me that the Thai use words like "not beautiful" instead of words like "ugly" in
polite conversation.
Of course, ugly is ugly and very relative to the user.

One of the ugliest farangs (OK, the ugliest) used to walk into large boy bars and proclaim loudly that the boys were ugly and
not one would meet his requirements. It was absurd to hear how demanding his definition of beauty was to this incredibly ugly farang
nicknamed "Elephant Man" (by some far tackier than myself but I am not above using the handle).

The average farang knows what ugly is and looks at it every time he looks in his mirror. It does become silly to hear hideous looking
farangs pick apart young Thai men for slight imperfections when they are beyond revolting.. Maybe self-hatred or something mental...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and perhaps if one points out the ugly ones, he detracted others from seeing where the real ugliness is.

BTW, some of the boys really are not beautiful except to their mothers and should get off the stage but that is just my humble opinion... :cat:

January 29th, 2008, 11:40
But, to put the OP in a better perspective (maybe); my experience is, that the handsomeness/beautifulness of a lot of "social workers" is not what it used to be, 4 years ago. Of course, I'm only talking about outlooks. Tattoo's, damaged bodies, piercings everywhere, hair not taken care of, etc.
4 years ago, the boys were better looked after, but maybe my eyes have become worse after 4 years Thailand.

That's MY opinion, and it's very personal. Another poster might find, that the boys have improved over the last 4 years.

TrongpaiExpat
January 29th, 2008, 11:48
But, to put the OP in a better perspective (maybe); my experience is, that the handsomeness/beautifulness of a lot of "social workers" is not what it used to be, 4 years ago.

Oh, I get it now, you call the boys "social workers" as an allegory. In another thread I though you were the social worker. That makes sence?

January 29th, 2008, 11:57
But, to put the OP in a better perspective (maybe); my experience is, that the handsomeness/beautifulness of a lot of "social workers" is not what it used to be, 4 years ago.

Oh, I get it now, you call the boys "social workers" as an allegory. In another thread I though you were the social worker. That makes sence?

Stop thinking and go straight ahead......trong pai trong pai.

Was I talking in this thread or another thread? Mumbo, jumbo!!

zinzone
January 29th, 2008, 12:14
thaiguest writes:

"These boys of whatever age or appearance are human beings. Many of them are dutiful to parents and family and see their work, not as a sleazy enterprise but as a way to send vital help home."

Look if I go into a restaurant and the food is rotten or uneatable, I will not eat, nor pay for it.

Let me repeat what I originaly said in other words:

If I am paying to "off" someone, and not the other one around, I expect at least a certain level of attractiveness, but a lot on offer in the bars I mentioned is just not worth paying for.
Go to some of the bars and see the customers who take one look at what is on offer and who do not even bother to sit down or stay because the "talent" is so poor quality.

I ain't a charity and no reason to give money to boys simply because they are dutiful to parents.

Like it or not the go-go bars are "beauty contests".

Have a nice day!

PeterUK
January 29th, 2008, 12:55
If I am paying to "off" someone, and not the other one around, I expect at least a certain level of attractiveness, but a lot on offer in the bars I mentioned is just not worth paying for.
Go to some of the bars and see the customers who take one look at what is on offer and who do not even bother to sit down or stay because the "talent" is so poor quality.

I ain't a charity and no reason to give money to boys simply because they are dutiful to parents.

Have a nice day!

I admire your honesty, zinzone. I think it's the way we all approach the matter, though we don't all like to admit it!

Marsilius
January 29th, 2008, 13:31
I agree 100%, PeterUK.

"The tone of the [original] post comes across as one who thinks that the world owes him beauty wherever he may tread" - from the post by thaiworthy on previous page.

No! To be fair, zinzone (the original poster) does not imply that he expects to find beauty everywhere in the whole world.

He does, though, expect to find it - and surely rightly so - at least in a place that has been specifically established solely, by its very nature, to market real or fantasy beauty/desirability/sex-appeal/sex to its targeted consumers.

January 29th, 2008, 17:31
No! To be fair, zinzone (the original poster) does not imply that he expects to find beauty everywhere in the whole world.

He does, though, expect to find it - and surely rightly so - at least in a place that has been specifically established solely, by its very nature, to market real or fantasy beauty/desirability/sex-appeal/sex to its targeted consumers.
You and Zinzone fail to acknowledge that what you and he would find 'ugly', others would find attractive.

Besides 'looks' or 'beauty' seems to be all that Zinzone uses as a criteria for the boys he wants to off. Many others amongst us consider sex-appeal, physique, bearing (macho or fem), performance, willingness to accommodate ones desire, companionship and, YES, age amongst other things by which to judge the boys of our desire.

There are enough bars and boys around to satisfy a large variety, and the most bizarre, of tastes and the bottom line is if the appearance of the boys in a particular bar is not up to your standard look elsewhere!

January 30th, 2008, 05:24
When I go around the bars I like to have a bit of a party so I get a bevy of lads to help me get through a bottle and have a bit of fun.
So I always choose a couple of boys IтАЩve taken off before; a couple I find attractive but IтАЩve never taken before and a pair of ugly ducklings who rarely get offed. I also look after the mamasan with a glass or two whenever (s)he comes by. That way every one gets a little bit of fun.
Funny thing is that some of the best times IтАЩve had is with those boys that I didnтАЩt think were particularly attractive at first тАУ maybe the good lookers know that someone is going to take them off anyway, so they donтАЩt try very hard тАУ the less glamorous try harder to please тАж not only in the bar but also in the bedroom.

January 30th, 2008, 07:23
Good point Coatmundi and of course there is a bit of what peteruk says that is hard to disagree with.

For me it's more the form of the threads that zinzone creates that I find bothersome. They seem to be in the negative always; rather than asking for what he wants, he states what he doesn't want and most often in words that are particularly pointy.

thaiguest
January 30th, 2008, 08:01

Have a nice day!

I admire your honesty, zinzone. I think it's the way we all approach the matter, though we don't all like to admit it!

Honesty is admirable but there's often a thin line between being frank and being insulting.
No 2 people will agree on what's beauty and what's not. Many people, including women, got to know and love the elephant man because his was in fact a lovable person who wore a deformed body. It takes MATURITY on both sides to do that.
I've been often amazed at how beautiful a time I've had with boys I (honestly) found to be 'plain'. On the other hand I've been sometimes shafted...sorry..taken for a ride...sorry I mean very badly treated by stunning exemplars of male beauty in USA and eastern europe and London.
Hustlers, sleezbags and the downright dangerous come in all kinds of guises and occupy both spaces in the go-go bar.
The same goes for the kind and the honest.
I would say to those who bandy the word 'ugly' about -mocking is catching.

January 30th, 2008, 08:14
No 2 people will agree on what's beauty and what's not. Many people, including women, got to know and love the elephant man because his was in fact a lovable person who wore a deformed body.I disagree - I know which friends not to take to the bars - we compete for the same boys all the time. As for women and the Elephant Man - the tendency to "mother" is limitless, as is the human failing that "I can help you"

thaiguest
January 31st, 2008, 08:44
No 2 people will agree on what's beauty and what's not. Many people, including women, got to know and love the elephant man because his was in fact a lovable person who wore a deformed body.I disagree - I know which friends not to take to the bars - we compete for the same boys all the time. As for women and the Elephant Man - the tendency to "mother" is limitless, as is the human failing that "I can help you"
Yes, but your answer belies....itself- you know which friends NOT TO TAKE to the bars but it follows that you also know which friends you CAN bring.
MOTHERING is one expression of love but it's not the whole deal.
The bottom line is ugly is an ugly word.

January 31st, 2008, 09:09
The bottom line is ugly is an ugly word.How many cliches can one sentence stand? To use another one, the ugliness of the word is in the eye of the beholder

January 31st, 2008, 21:26

In reverse order:

And the winner is:

1. Lucky 7

I don't know whether I AGREE or not but it is certainly one of the funniest posts I have read!

Fantastic!

thaiworthy-old
January 31st, 2008, 21:46
Honesty is admirable but there's often a thin line between being frank and being insulting.
No 2 people will agree on what's beauty and what's not. Many people, including women, got to know and love the elephant man because his was in fact a lovable person who wore a deformed body. It takes MATURITY on both sides to do that.
I've been often amazed at how beautiful a time I've had with boys I (honestly) found to be 'plain'. On the other hand I've been sometimes shafted...sorry..taken for a ride...sorry I mean very badly treated by stunning exemplars of male beauty in USA and eastern europe and London.
Hustlers, sleezbags and the downright dangerous come in all kinds of guises and occupy both spaces in the go-go bar.

This is truly amazing. Thaiguest, you have once again echoed my viewpoint exactly. You have nailed it down just as I would have said it myself. Perhaps I should have an automated post that reads "Ditto" every time you say something. You must be my long lost identical twin brother!

It does take MATURITY, very much so. And yes, the stunning examples of male beauty can indeed, sometimes disguise the real person. Same-same for the least stunning.

You and I must have had the same experiences in our lives and it's getting downright scary. :cyclopsani:

February 1st, 2008, 06:58

I am new to this site and this forum, I would have to say that we all have beauty and "ugly" in us, as no one is "pure". We should all take a moment and try and cultivate the beauty with-in and I believe that it will project outward to those around you. Just my 2 cents :cheers:

February 2nd, 2008, 20:34
Gents,

I still think it is the funniest post I have read in 2008!

You cheered me up when I was at a low ebb!