PDA

View Full Version : Ambiance Hotel - Jim appoints handsome Swiss Manager c&p

January 26th, 2008, 17:33
A fresh new face at the Ambiance

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/8571041/15911717/300697549.jpg

"The foremost gay Pattaya hotel now has a young and talented Swiss manager. By Suzy Size of Sticky Rice

The banner links of Ambiance and BoyzBoyzBoyz on Sticky Rice Gay Guide Asia World were up for renewal. As you might know 99% of the entries in this Gay Guide covering not only Asia but the World as a whole are clickable and will give the users direct access to the businesses they want to contact (no middleman involved). But smart business owners that want to distinguish their simple entry from the rest will buy an additional banner link. And Jim Lumsden is certainly a real professional when it comes to conduct gay business in Thailand. So I went over to the Coffee Shop of the Ambiance for a little chat with the founder of the Pattaya Gay Festival and its most prolific fund raiser.

It is always fun to talk (edited by wowpow) unforeseeable developments in and around Pattaya. Did you know that this one, who called that one a crook just a little while ago is doing business with that one again? Pattaya is a small world, especially the gay scene, and some stories that happen here are just pathetic. But then Jim really had good news. He has found and hired a new young talented manager for the Ambiance, a Swiss national like Suzy Size who speaks an almost perfect Thai, German, English and some French and some Spanish. Suzy had to meet that compatriot of hers, especially when she heard he was only 28 years oldтАж

Charming Michael Zeller has now been two months at the Ambiance and just loves his new challenge. He grew up near Zurich and was hired at sweet 19 years of age by American Airlines. He had a three year on the job training mainly in Dallas Texas, but also in Caracas, London and Zurich. The aim was to turn him into a so called тАЬPremium Service RepresentativeтАЭ or, in other words, a concierge for the distinguished passengers of Business and First Class. Michael liked his job very much, he is certainly a service oriented professional who easily communicates with everybody. Suzy Size was charmed instantly and we discovered some mutual friends like Roger or Tamara in no time.

In the year 2000 he came as a tourist to Thailand for the very first time. And he loved that country. тАЬI know it might sound cheesy, but it was like homecoming.тАЭ He was even offered a job then in Thailand but was not ready yet. He liked his job in Switzerland for American Airlines and saw no reason for hasty changes.

But then 9/11 took place. One American Airlines plane crushed into the World Trade Center, another one into the Pentagon. Shortly after that the then famous Swissair experienced grounding and bankruptcy. There were no longer jobs in the airline industry of Switzerland, Michael lost his beloved job after American pulled out of Switzerland temporarily.

At that difficult time he remembered the job offer in Thailand. The Tourism Authority of Thailand and the Ministry of Education had started a joint venture in tourism related education. Michael was hired for that project. He had to learn Thai within six months, since practically none of his colleagues spoke any English. That was hard, but he managed and now speaks Thai after seven years in Thailand (and some other employment in Bangkok) extremely well.

Now Jim comes in. He had a talk with Lukas of Tarntawan Hotel in Bangkok (and Dicks Cafes) the other day. Lukas has hired a certain Markus, another Thai (and other languages) speaking Swiss as a manger for Tarntawan. So Lukas told Jim about Michael who is a close friend of his own manager Markus. Michael had just resigned from another job, but was very skeptical about working in Pattaya which has a reputation тАУ did you know? - of a sleaze town. So the two young Swiss Markus and Michael came down for a weekend to good old Pattaya and Jim interviewed Michael. The chemistry was immediately there and Michael is now working at the Ambiance two months already. He lives at the hotel at the moment together with his Thai boyfriend, but might move to a house in the future since he had to leave his two Golden Retrievers with the family of his boy friend in Bangkok.

Together with Jims long experience and great expertise, the able management of Ambiance got a boost by the new and fresh face of Michael. Welcome to Pattaya, Michael."

Of course our dearly loved Premiere Drageuse Jim often has a bright new face.

Another photo and much much more of everything on www.StickyRice.ws (http://www.StickyRice.ws)
Webzine

Marsilius
January 26th, 2008, 18:53
"Our dearly loved Premiere Drageuse Jim"...?

Speak for yourself, wowpow...!

January 26th, 2008, 20:18
"Our dearly loved Premiere Drageuse Jim"...?

Speak for yourself, wowpow...!

I'll second that "speak for yourself wowpow" Some have long memories, I just hope the delightful manager isn't investing or buying shares! :bom:

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 26th, 2008, 20:48
"Of course our dearly loved Premiere Drageuse Jim often has a bright new face. "

and by God doesn't dear Jim need a new face !. He's certainly been working on it for some years.

Love him though.

TrongpaiExpat
January 26th, 2008, 23:31
It is always fun to talk to Jim, in no time we had covered the newest gossip, the newest (probably doomed) projects and unforeseeable developments in and around Pattaya. Did you know that this one, who called that one a crook just a little while ago is doing business with that one again?

Dirty little dig from a dirty little tabloid add rag writer hiding behind the name Suzy Size.

January 27th, 2008, 01:52
A fresh new face at the Ambiance

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/8571041/15911717/300697549.jpg

The foremost gay Pattaya hotel now has a young and talented Swiss manager. By Suzy Size of Sticky Rice

The banner links of Ambiance and BoyzBoyzBoyz on Sticky Rice Gay Guide Asia World were up for renewal. As you might know 99% of the entries in this Gay Guide covering not only Asia but the World as a whole are clickable and will give the users direct access to the businesses they want to contact (no middleman involved). But smart business owners that want to distinguish their simple entry from the rest will buy an additional banner link. And Jim Lumsden is certainly a real professional when it comes to conduct gay business in Thailand. So I went over to the Coffee Shop of the Ambiance for a little chat with the founder of the Pattaya Gay Festival and its most prolific fund raiser.

It is always fun to talk to Jim, in no time we had covered the newest gossip, the newest (probably doomed) projects and unforeseeable developments in and around Pattaya. Did you know that this one, who called that one a crook just a little while ago is doing business with that one again? Pattaya is a small world, especially the gay scene, and some stories that happen here are just pathetic. But then Jim really had good news. He has found and hired a new young talented manager for the Ambiance, a Swiss national like Suzy Size who speaks an almost perfect Thai, German, English and some French and some Spanish. Suzy had to meet that compatriot of hers, especially when she heard he was only 28 years oldтАж

Charming Michael Zeller has now been two months at the Ambiance and just loves his new challenge. He grew up near Zurich and was hired at sweet 19 years of age by American Airlines. He had a three year on the job training mainly in Dallas Texas, but also in Caracas, London and Zurich. The aim was to turn him into a so called тАЬPremium Service RepresentativeтАЭ or, in other words, a concierge for the distinguished passengers of Business and First Class. Michael liked his job very much, he is certainly a service oriented professional who easily communicates with everybody. Suzy Size was charmed instantly and we discovered some mutual friends like Roger or Tamara in no time.

In the year 2000 he came as a tourist to Thailand for the very first time. And he loved that country. тАЬI know it might sound cheesy, but it was like homecoming.тАЭ He was even offered a job then in Thailand but was not ready yet. He liked his job in Switzerland for American Airlines and saw no reason for hasty changes.

But then 9/11 took place. One American Airlines plane crushed into the World Trade Center, another one into the Pentagon. Shortly after that the then famous Swissair experienced grounding and bankruptcy. There were no longer jobs in the airline industry of Switzerland, Michael lost his beloved job after American pulled out of Switzerland temporarily.

At that difficult time he remembered the job offer in Thailand. The Tourism Authority of Thailand and the Ministry of Education had started a joint venture in tourism related education. Michael was hired for that project. He had to learn Thai within six months, since practically none of his colleagues spoke any English. That was hard, but he managed and now speaks Thai after seven years in Thailand (and some other employment in Bangkok) extremely well.

Now Jim comes in. He had a talk with Lukas of Tarntawan Hotel in Bangkok (and Dicks Cafes) the other day. Lukas has hired a certain Markus, another Thai (and other languages) speaking Swiss as a manger for Tarntawan. So Lukas told Jim about Michael who is a close friend of his own manager Markus. Michael had just resigned from another job, but was very skeptical about working in Pattaya which has a reputation тАУ did you know? - of a sleaze town. So the two young Swiss Markus and Michael came down for a weekend to good old Pattaya and Jim interviewed Michael. The chemistry was immediately there and Michael is now working at the Ambiance two months already. He lives at the hotel at the moment together with his Thai boyfriend, but might move to a house in the future since he had to leave his two Golden Retrievers with the family of his boy friend in Bangkok.

Together with Jims long experience and great expertise, the able management of Ambiance got a boost by the new and fresh face of Michael. Welcome to Pattaya, Michael.

Of course our dearly loved Premiere Drageuse Jim often has a bright new face.

Another photo and much much more of everything on www.StickyRice.ws (http://www.StickyRice.ws)
Webzine

Wowpow,

I need to know "your words" or cut n paste.??????

January 27th, 2008, 01:55
Sorry,

Get it, C and P.

Fabulous writing, Who wrote that one I wonder?

January 28th, 2008, 09:08
DELETED

Smiles
January 28th, 2008, 10:05
"Handsome" ????

Cheers ...

gearguy
January 28th, 2008, 10:22
maybe things will improve. i stayed at Ambiance every trip to Pattaya but not this one; The last time i stayed the room and hallways had that old hotel musty smell and the it's a wonder the ACs are not SARS factories. The whole hotel is needs a good cleaning top to bottom, new furnishing and new AC units. I'm not staying again. This trip I booked at La Cafe and will see if they are better; their website claims a complete renovation done recently.

We shall see.

I always enjoyed Ambiance and the staff but appears to me that they have been neglectful of the basics of late.

January 28th, 2008, 15:39
Hello Gentlemen?
I have been reading the posts on the Ambiance. I have been going to the Ambiance now for 6 years and stay there on and off 4 months each year. What I find is a clean friendly hotel that attempts to go overboard in seeing to my requests and the requests of its clientele.

What I think we have here is a couple of people who used to have businesses in competition and are soured by the business relationship they shared or share as neighbors. People who have nothing to do more than sit there on their dead asses and gossip and slander and talk just a bunch of crap.

Go to the beach you old hag and stop gossiping and spreading lies! Get a life!

Poompooey
You all know who I am

January 28th, 2008, 17:22

Who is your reference above to and what lies are they telling? Whoever it is, I would have thought that the last place to tell someone to go in order for them to stop gossiping and spreading lies, would be the beach. Isn't that where the majority of all lies and gossip about who did what to whom, originates from? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Poompooey
You all know who I am

We do? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/headscratch.gif Well unciebuck, I apologise if this may hurt your ego in anyway, but I for one, haven't got a fucking clue who you are. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shrugs.gif

So, for the benefit of someone that is not a member of any of the major cliques here in Pattaya, something for which I thank Buddha, or someone that has ever been anywhere near Dongtan Gay beach, perhaps you or someone else could enlighten me as well as others that may be as mysified as I am as to your identity, by letting us know.

My thanks in advance,

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

January 28th, 2008, 19:49
Actually you are correct. The beach is the last place. Sorry for that! Full of gossip.
And for the other one, ask around. Many many many people know who I am as I wear my name on my shirt.

Marsilius
January 28th, 2008, 20:43
You are, then, I assume, Tommy Hilfiger?

BenCH
January 28th, 2008, 20:53
"Handsome" ????

Cheers ...

... de gustibus non est disputandum ...

but I support your question marks!

Cheers too ...

January 28th, 2008, 23:54
maybe things will improve.

Difficult to see why, solely based on the report above which shows the new manager's training and experience in the hotel industry as somewhere between zero and non-existent.

January 29th, 2008, 01:59

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/roflao.gif Thanks Marsilius for that answer, I was somewhat tickled by it and found it very funny.

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

lonelywombat
January 29th, 2008, 04:13
ask around. Many many many people know who I am as I wear my name on my shirt.

Maybe we should have a poll to see how many have seen an Unkiebuck shirt in Boyztown or anywhere

January 29th, 2008, 09:49

I said I was Poompoey. I also sit and wonder why it is so important that you wonder eonder who I am rather than what I say?

January 29th, 2008, 10:42
I said I was Poompoey. I also sit and wonder why it is so important that you wonder eonder who I am rather than what I say?What you say defines who you are - how can you possibly divorce the two?

Marsilius
January 29th, 2008, 11:36
"I also sit and wonder why it is so important that you wonder... who I am rather than what I say" - from unkiebuck, above.

Can this be the same unkiebuck who, on the last page, chose to scoff at what other posters had to say just because of who he thought they were ("What I think we have here is a couple of people who used to have businesses in competition and are soured by the business relationship they shared or share as neighbors") ?

January 29th, 2008, 13:28
You should pay more attention to what I say rather than who I am

Marsilius
January 29th, 2008, 13:30
Then what you say indicates that you are a hypocrite.

January 29th, 2008, 16:21
LOL!

lonelywombat
January 29th, 2008, 16:33
Actually you are correct. The beach is the last place. Sorry for that! Full of gossip.
And for the other one, ask around. Many many many people know who I am as I wear my name on my shirt.
LOL!

Name one please.

To myself OMG not another George

Mi Cow Chai-old
January 30th, 2008, 01:09
I know who he is and what he says.

January 30th, 2008, 16:06
As I read back upon all the emails I have posted on this topic, I see at least 5 times that I have said that my name is POOMPOOEY. If you go back and look. My user name is unkiebuck. Maybe I assumed too much in thinking you went to grade school as a child and learned how to READ!
Good day! :occasion9:

lonelywombat
January 30th, 2008, 16:37
What I think we have here is a couple of people who used to have businesses in competition and are soured by the business relationship they shared or share as neighbors. People who have nothing to do more than sit there on their dead asses and gossip and slander and talk just a bunch of crap.

Poompooey
You all know who I am

Lets start again. You are libeling or abusing some people at least for comments that they really did not make

It appears you are the person who sits on his dead [and smelly arse] and posts gossip and slander

Get a life you old hag, stop posting crap. Who would want to talk to you on the beach or Ambience patio