PDA

View Full Version : Airlines Prices from London

January 26th, 2008, 05:37
I have just noticed that a few months ago, air tickets to BKK or SE Asia on Thai were relatively reasonable, but suddenly whenever I do a search for them they are coming up quite expensive. For example, only a few weeks ago I could have got a flight to BKK on Thai for just over ┬г600 at Easter, and also later on including August, now its coming up as much as ┬г823 and also very rarely appearing in the top 10 on a search engine for cheaper fares.

Mind you, on a separate note, I did notice Eva were charging ┬г454 London-BKK-London at specific periods around May/June.

January 26th, 2008, 06:59
yep - everythings gone up.

even westeast travel hasnt any under ┬г500

http://westeasttravel.com

January 26th, 2008, 07:27
yep, it is going to be expensive. Last May and even October, I paid very cheap ticket. now they start to sell holidays on charters from Scandinavia next winther. Well it it is not your style or mine, but it tells you something about how popular Thailand is from Europe.

January 26th, 2008, 08:39
For those of you that live in the UK, I suggest that you give Travelbag a try. I have used them in the past for booking flights for my family and they have come up with some pretty good deals. A friend just arrived from the UK last Tuesday on an Emirates flight booked with Travelbag, with a return ticket that is valid for 12 months from the date of his departure. The price he paid for this flight was 480 pounds including tax.

I have found their sales staff to be extremely helpful in continuing to look for flights on your behalf, when there are no flights available or suitable on your initial inquiry. They will also when finding flights for you, hold them for a couple of days until you can arrange payment,

Travelbag's website is www.travelbag.co.uk (http://www.travelbag.co.uk)

George.

jinks
January 26th, 2008, 14:18
I use Travelbag too.

If you travel business you get a dedicated agent to deal with all your bookings.

I have tickets on hold already for December and when the January flights become available the best deal will be taken on my behalf.

For those who do not know, tickets become available 11 months in advance.

January 27th, 2008, 07:44
yes, i am having the same problem booking a trip from france. twice as much as it was last year. is it just the cost of petrol?

atri1666
January 27th, 2008, 09:10
I dont have had any problem with my tickets for 2008. For november paid 1650 Euro for VIE-BKK-VIE in Businessclass (same price i paid over christmas and new year with singapore airlines from istanbul)- it is only necessary to try many cities and many airlines. May/june i will fly for free in businessclass and took 180000 of my miles for TXL-VIE-BKK-HKG-SIN-MUC-TXL.

January 29th, 2008, 10:43
The earlier you book the cheaper you get.
At one time, if you waited as near as possible to take off you could get a very cheap fare from a bucket shop. The internet changed that. Flights are available 11 to 12 months in advance. As the plane fills up, or the nearer you get to take off, the prices rise accordingly. I booked with Thai in August and got it for ┬г560. A couple of months earlier it was offered at 490. You have to pay in full when you book and no refunds if you change your mind. The airlines are guaranteed their money and obviously are happier with a full load at a slightly lower price than empty seats because they charged too much.
Use something like www.supermarketholiday.com (http://www.supermarketholiday.com) and you will be amazed at the prices offered.

January 29th, 2008, 10:50
is it just the cost of petrol?You think?